Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Warzone REQs: Classic Assault Rifle and Dual Wield

OP xBx Austin xDx

Afternoon fellow Spartans! Today, I've an idea for Warzone in the form of a new weapon and armor mod.

Now as we've seen, 343 is adding in classic weapons, such as the SPNKR, Halo 2 BR, and soon the M6D (Halo 1 pistol). These weapons are functionally the same as their regular counterparts, save for M6D probably being stronger than the regular magnum. Halo 2 BR has slightly better bullet magnetism and such. I would like to see the classic, 60 round AR from Halo 1 included as well. The SAW already exists and also has 60 bullets in the clip, I like to think of the SAW as a redesigned AR. So why not add the classic AR, when things like the SPNKR and Halo 2 BR are included?

The other idea is a Dual Wielding armor mod for Warzone. Pretty self explanatory, it would allow the player to pick up two one-handed weapons. Clearly, when using weapons like the SMG or Needler it could become extremely overpowered, so it would need a high REQ level, possibly 8 or 9 given its potential to be a game changer.

Let me know what you think in the poll and replies!
I really enjoyed dual wielding, and for me that was what set Halo apart from the rest...but now...its all the same...Halo...Titan Fall...COD...whatever....
Sounds cool. I don't see any reason why dual wielding shouldn't be in war zone.
Dual wielding was great in halo 3. Besides what people want to complain about it as fairly well balanced. The guns even when dual wielded were still only useful outside of their given range. Id be fine with dual wield coming back as a special req card itself or maybe as an armor ability(which would be more balanced.) The classic ar though, not so much, at 3 the ar goes out the window in favor of the BR. If anything id like a more classic look of the halo 2 or 3 smg. I dlove to put skins on the old school weapons to. Like my halo 2 br is nekkid and it upsets me :C
Seeing that Linda and Kelly have their weapons as playable in warzone, I definitely think it would be nice if they brought back the halo ce ar (60 round mag and damage boost, or some other added effect similar to oathsworn or nornfang)
Def the dual wielding plz
We dont need dual wielding.
I would love both of those
Glad to see there are some that agree. If you don't like the idea, mind explaining why?
bad -Yoink-
It sounds good to me...
LethalQ wrote:
Sounds cool. I don't see any reason why dual wielding shouldn't be in war zone.
Agreed.
I think dual wielding may be a little OP in Halo 5 as all the loadout wepons are balanced.
Having the classic AR would be nice although dual wielding could be difficult to balance although just not being able to ADS would even them out at range compared to other weapons.
Having the classic AR would be nice although dual wielding could be difficult to balance although just not being able to ADS would even them out at range compared to other weapons.
That's not a bad idea. Weapons like the Needler wouldn't have their huge red reticle range.

Also with Hammer Storm, the extended mag AR is somewhat like the classic AR so it's ok. 54 bullets is good enough lol
maybe slightly lower the rate of fire when dualwielding or lower de damage slightly that way it would still be superior but opponents still have a chance
dual wielding may be a little too hard to implement now but you never know
also that halo ce ar was a absolute monster. The sound that thing made was brutal, I hope they keep it the same
Sadly I don't think duel wielding is ever coming back but a classic AR would be awesome.
Duals would send the Nerf bat swinging. NO THANK YOU.