1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4

What Waypoint Rank Bracket Are You In?

Make Your Selection:

Just interested in seeing where the rank demographics stand right now and how the spread will change in the future, thus the indefinite poll date :)

Just some additional questions for the community:

Do you think that you'll ever reach the Waypoint Rank of Spartan - Onyx? Has anyone ever reached this rank?

Do you even pay attention to your rank and at what rank will you finally be satisfied with once you reach it?

Do you have any ideas of how 343i can further integrate Waypoint Ranks into the actual Halo games? Example: You receive in-game unlocks for every rank you achieve on the waypoint forums (such as new armor, emblems, power ups, etc.).

Thanks for discussing!
If I wasn't Sec3 / Monitor, I'd be Spartan Onyx.
Xistorian wrote:
Do you think that you'll ever reach the Waypoint Rank of Spartan - Onyx? Has anyone ever reached this rank?
Quite a few members are Onyx, some have been for a while now

Do you even pay attention to your rank and at what rank will you finally be satisfied with once you reach it?
Nope and thankful that I don't have to. It's just a distraction to meDo you have any ideas of how 343i can further integrate Waypoint Ranks into the actual Halo games? Example: You receive in-game unlocks for every rank you achieve on the waypoint forums (such as new armor, emblems, power ups, etc.).
While it may sound like a good idea, you never want to tie anything to the post count of a forum. All it does it make people spam to get the stuff they want
I wish there were more ranks, it might not really do anything or matter much to anyone but for some reason I love going through ranks
I'm in ODST, but def shooting for Spartan.
UIC Spec wrote:
I wish there were more ranks, it might not really do anything or matter much to anyone but for some reason I love going through ranks
So do I.
stckrboy wrote:
Xistorian wrote:

Nope and thankful that I don't have to. It's just a distraction to meDo you have any ideas of how 343i can further integrate Waypoint Ranks into the actual Halo games? Example: You receive in-game unlocks for every rank you achieve on the waypoint forums (such as new armor, emblems, power ups, etc.).
While it may sound like a good idea, you never want to tie anything to the post count of a forum. All it does it make people spam to get the stuff they want
This covers just about everything for me.
Do I see myself getting that high? Maybe! It seems that I will not have enough time to get there. Feels a lot like the grind to level 152.
I really don't care about ranks they don't mean anything. I don't even care about them in-game lol.

They seem like a way to keep superficial people around. Too many people already spam the forums here, abusing the roll call forum with one-word robotic "welcomes" in an effort to easily rank up. But I'll get off my soapbox.

I just like the waypoint community so I've hung out here a lot, which is what has led to my relatively high post count and long history here.

I like my "old-school" emblem more than my rank.
Working hard for Spartan but it won't make a difference in how I post or how I feel about people's ranks
Very interesting responses so far! I honestly don't think I'll ever reach Spartan Rank on here, that's just way too much posting for me lol
Currently Marine-Silver, around 2 posts away from Marine-Gold. I would like to get to ODST and have more access to emblems and such, but it's not a huge deal to me personally. Naturally, I would probably pay more attention to a user who has more experience (ODST or Spartan ranks).
Not really.
Sure its motivating to reach a certain rank,but theres nothing more
Would like to see ODST but it's not a big deal.
I'm in ODST, but def shooting for Spartan.
As am I
I really could give a flip less what my rank is. If I did,
They seem like a way to keep superficial people around. Too many people already spam the forums here, abusing the roll call forum with one-word robotic "welcomes" in an effort to easily rank up. But I'll get off my soapbox.
I'd do this. LOL I realized a while ago that's a form of legal spamming you could use to pad your post count IF you were so inclined, but I'm not.
I personally try to rank up but I never spam posts to do so.
ODST- Onyx right now, but slightly under 700 posts left until I get to Spartan.
I'm in marine but oh I want to reach spartan
stckrboy wrote:
Xistorian wrote:

Out of curiosity, what is "SEC30P"?

Currently I'm a Marine: Onyx. I'm almost an ODST and hope to hit Spartan in the long run!
Well I've been a Waypointer for almost 4 years, and I'm only a Marine Onyx, so It's pretty clear I don't care what rank I am. I read posts way more then I actually post. So close to ODST forum rank!
Out of curiosity, what is "SEC30P"?
CLASSIFIED
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4