Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

We Need To Make This Decision Now As A Community!

OP AXELNZ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
l Jinxed I wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
It's too late to go back imo... Make H6 based off H5 and just make a proper stand alone and FULL Halo 3 anniversary that plays just like H3 but with modern graphics... then the Halo universe can have the best of both worlds.
sniper945 wrote:
Dude..there is no going back to Halo 3 no matter how much we want it. Better hope they do as good as Halo 5 and not bad as Halo 4
Why can't we go back to Halo 3 classic style? I keep seeing people say this but they never really give a reason.
Again, why is it to late to go back?
Because I think the number of players who like the mechanics as they are now are more than those who played the older mechanics. If they tried going they would just alienate the player base they have now.
Thank you for responding to this.

That's exactly what I was thinking, but let's be honest... the only reason that's true is because so meny old fans have left.

I sometimes wonder if halo should have kept going to be honest... it's one of those things were you either die a hero, or you live long enough to see youself become the villain. (Batman reference I believe)
The majority of gamers who played during the H2/3 days are long gone. They either don't game anymore or have long moved on to other games. Drastically changing the mechanics back to how it was originally would do more harm than good I bet. Changing the mechanics back won't bring back the old school crowd imo
I've seen many people on other forums willing to pick up an Xbox One just for a classic, working, Halo game. Believe it or not, many left to PS4 after MCC, because the game killed Halo for them. I'm sure that if Halo goes back to the original way, it'll do better.
You have a link to these posts? Genuine question.
Go back to halo 2 or stay with halo 5 but for gods sake don't return to halo 3.

That game has aged awfully. It feels torturously slow in comparison to todays games.

Halo 2 on the other hand feels great, I mean it looks like dog -Yoink- but I feels buttery smooth and responsive. Halo 3 feels like I'm plodding through an atmosphere of jam.
Ive played since H1 all except H4 and whatever Spartan Assault is. I dont get the classic vs new argument. The game seems to go through expected understandable progression and iterations. My only gripe with H5 is the lack of memorable moments like the original trilogy. Still get pumped thinking about Breaking Benjamin busting in as Massah Chief enters the battlefield or escaping Flood infested streets rolling double warthogs with my homie Arby just to fly that ho into a dropship headed towards Reach. Arby is always going hard.

With that said, the mp in H5 is the most fun Ive ever had in Halo. This includes pizza fueled H1 LAN parties in high school. I do miss split screen and bringing back brutes and flood in mp like wzf would be BAAAAAALLIIIIN but again H5 is an iteration in the progression of Halo as a whole. Stop acting like something was lost and nothing gained. No one buys the superiority complex and everyone is sick of hearing "Well in my day..." before its even said. The only people that care are trying to stroke their own ego in similar fashion.

You dont see anyone saying lets bring it back to the realest shooter mechanics of all time... DUCK HUNT! Maaan Iam so vet at shooters. I blew up all those clouds. Wut u kno bout clazzix? Thats how dumb you sound. Go play H3 if you miss it so much. I miss it enough to reminisce not hate on progress.
AXELNZ wrote:
Ok so I'm seeing alot of polls and threads going around amd I want to make a contribution to it all. I think as a community we need to decide if we want Halo 6 to be an evolution of Halo 5 or Halo 3. Here's what each option means.
  1. An evolution of Halo 5 would mean the game would implement new mechamics that would make the game faster. It may also mean "Reqs" or a similar system. It would focus maybe a little more on multuplayer than campaign aswell.
  2. An evolution of Halo 3/ Classic Halo. What this means is that we'd get a game that would literally pick up where Halo 3 left off in terms of, gameplay, campaign, community, development and alot more.
How 343i could make classic Halo happen:
Take away mechanics that break the "Golden Triangle" or whatever people are calling, maybe increase base movement speed and add new equipment for the player to use. How this could work in cannon: Now I know alot of 343i decissions in the past have been based on what it would mean for the Halo Universe and I respect this whole heartedly so I thought of how this could work in Cannon.

So Cortanas unable to control Master Chiefs Armour in any way in Halo CE, how do I know this? Well if you kill Keyes in "The Pillar Of Autum" Cortana unable to do anything calls security. Now of course security isn't invincable but you get the idea. So in Halo 5 it seems AI have alot more control over Mjolner than in Halo CE just read the descriptions of some sets. So maybe the UNSC has to give spartans older model armour to prevent spartans being controled by the Created or something I don't know 343 can make it work.

Now at long last we can talk about how 343i can make new modern Halo work:
More unlocks and maybe more effort put into multiplayer than campaign. It may mean more rng system. It would also mean the return of fast paced gameplay and more mechanics complementing it.

So now we have to make a decission. We really need to take a step back and tell 343i what we really want. I encourage that we share this poll arounf so we get as many Halo player's opinions as possible.

Note: I personally have a place in my heart for both types of Halo but I think it's time we actually make a decision.
I love it when a plan come together :)
Is both an option? I love Halo 3, everyone does. But I also love halo 5 and don't want to see a total departure from that style. If 343 could take the best elements from both games, that would be great.
Halo 3 with equipment returning, while keeping Thrusters, Stabilizers and Groundpound as the only SAs. Keeping clamber is a toss up, as long as the maps are made to intentionally use crouch jump.
I quite like this. In my opinion, some Armor Abilities from Reach/Halo4 could return as well, but all of them must be map pickups like the other equipment and possibly modified on a case-by-case basis. Additionally, others (including Active Camo) should be Powerups. This would essentially create three variants of non-weapon equipment, either reusable or nonreusable. The inability to spawn with them would hinder their spam and annoyance. I think the Armor Abilities would've worked much better if it were mixed with equipment like this.
Is both an option? I love Halo 3, everyone does. But I also love halo 5 and don't want to see a total departure from that style. If 343 could take the best elements from both games, that would be great.
H5 is the natural expansion of H3. Balanced arena game play with equal starts where the difference in ability is due to map knowledge, out-thinking your opponent, and having more skill and not as in H4 (and reach to a lesser degree) choosing the best loadout. Basing it on H5 gameplay is basing it on H3. They just need to take the social aspects and casual inclusiveness of Halo 3 as well.
H5 is the natural expansion of H3. Balanced arena game play with equal starts where the difference in ability is due to map knowledge, out-thinking your opponent, and having more skill and not as in H4 (and reach to a lesser degree) choosing the best loadout. Basing it on H5 gameplay is basing it on H3. They just need to take the social aspects and casual inclusiveness of Halo 3 as well.
H5G is not arena gameplay. Why are people constantly throwing this buzzword around without knowing what it actually means? Constant combat abilities is one of the base requirements of an arena shooter, which sprint directly violates. One could even argue whether or not Halo 3 actually had arena gameplay, because even reloading breaks with this formula. Doom is an arena shooter, Quake is an arena shooter, Unreal Tournament is an arena shooter. Halo 3's status is debatable, but H5G most definitely isn't.
Maybe a fusion of both!
It's not exactly evolution it you base your next game on a 10 year old game.
They are obviously going to continue where H5 left off. As they should.
Halo 3 was a great game and halo 5 is a good game.
We'll see how Halo 6 will finish the fight ;-)
I'd prefer Halo 6 to be more along the lines of Halo CE in terms of fov and gun mechanics. I feel its the most balanced Halo but I'd still be fine with a successor to Halo 3.
Halo 5 is a mixed bag for me. I like thrusters and slide and I can tolerate ground pound but the sprint and lack of skill based gun balance compared to CE really turn's me off.
Do you know what gun balance is?
At least you specified which classic Halo instead of assuming all are the same. But I didn't have a good experience with Halo 3, and I haven't played Halo 5 yet, so I'm not sure.
I like both. But I think games have to evolve
No matter what these polls say you can't devolve a game. You'd be basically executing it if you did that. Especially after it's made huge leaps in playstyle.
It's not like halo 5 isn't a enjoyable game. The play style won't slow down. Don't get me wrong, I loved halo 3 as well. But there is no going back to it. At best there will be equipment such as Bubble shield or regen in H6
LethalQ wrote:
It's too late to go back imo... Make H6 based off H5 and just make a proper stand alone and FULL Halo 3 anniversary that plays just like H3 but with modern graphics... then the Halo universe can have the best of both worlds.
H3A that runs properly. That would be amazing
Why not both?
One fun fact, 343 can ignore this post.
Halo 5's multiplayer core is too solid to throw away. "Evolution" in game development is closer to the idea of refinement and expanse. If we "expand" or "refine" on Halo 3 we will just get Reach again, and I didn't like reach multiplayer as much as 5.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11