OP Crimson DRE97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
Legends speak of a legendary warrior whose combat skills were the stuff of LEGENDS!
Start with normal because I want to experience the story with a nice flow to it but still want a decent challenge, unless normal is to easy then I'll beef up the difficulty.
Trust me normal is too easy unless you put skulls on. I seriously run up to the elites like a bullet sponge and bash in their faces its funny because then I start speed running and not caring about the campaign. I only take it seriously when I play legendary and start learning their spawns and respawning points and actually not bother charging in to get killed. May get frustrating but you learn and get better at playing the game. So in my opinion go heroic then go legendary if you actually want a threatening challenge.
Unless you have played the Halo 5 campaign I will just adjust my difficulty if necessary. I want be relaxed when I am playing the campaign and absorb the story and have nice steady pace to it. If I am constantly dying and having to learn enemy spawn points, than I am focusing to much attention on how to kill the AI than unraveling the story, which is the number one reason why I play games. Not saying that I want a cake walk either, I want some what of challenge that will keep me thinking on my toes and where I have to actually think of what I am doing but something like Halo 2 legendary would slow the game down to much that story is not constantly moving forward. Plus I am Halo veteran so I know how play and I am really good add it. I already kicked some major -Yoink- in the beta. Besides once I played for the story than I always do a Solo Legendary run down the line.
With the revive feature and normal difficultly by 343i standards just go Heroic if you really are a veteran you can just kill them and explore and try to find secrets.
Start with normal because I want to experience the story with a nice flow to it but still want a decent challenge, unless normal is to easy then I'll beef up the difficulty.
Trust me normal is too easy unless you put skulls on. I seriously run up to the elites like a bullet sponge and bash in their faces its funny because then I start speed running and not caring about the campaign. I only take it seriously when I play legendary and start learning their spawns and respawning points and actually not bother charging in to get killed. May get frustrating but you learn and get better at playing the game. So in my opinion go heroic then go legendary if you actually want a threatening challenge.
Unless you have played the Halo 5 campaign I will just adjust my difficulty if necessary. I want be relaxed when I am playing the campaign and absorb the story and have nice steady pace to it. If I am constantly dying and having to learn enemy spawn points, than I am focusing to much attention on how to kill the AI than unraveling the story, which is the number one reason why I play games. Not saying that I want a cake walk either, I want some what of challenge that will keep me thinking on my toes and where I have to actually think of what I am doing but something like Halo 2 legendary would slow the game down to much that story is not constantly moving forward. Plus I am Halo veteran so I know how play and I am really good add it. I already kicked some major -Yoink- in the beta. Besides once I played for the story than I always do a Solo Legendary run down the line.
With the revive feature and normal difficultly by 343i standards just go Heroic if you really are a veteran you can just kill them and explore and try to find secrets.
Chill just let him play on normal if he wants
Chill just let him play on normal if he wants
I am chill? He's saying if normal is too easy and it is so yea... I mean he doesn't need to I'm just saying literally just speaking words and you think I'm forcing him. I could care less and he can do w.e he wants.
Heroic first as I would like to play through the campaign more than once and actually enjoy it. If I complete the game on Legendary first off I probably wouldn't bother playing the campaign again.
Normal sounds best cause you want to go through the levels and no where to go for speed runs on legendary.
Playing it on normal first for the story, then on legendary for the achievements.
Playing it on normal first for the story, then on legendary for the achievements.
I agree. But that depends on what achievements there are.
Heroic! That's the difficulty Halo is meant to be played by the creators. It's the soft spot of being entertaining while also challenging. After that, a playtrough with a friend on legendary
Normal to get a feel, then Legendary
Normal to test and enjoy the Game, then Legendary directly !
Normal to test and enjoy the Game, then Legendary directly !
I agree with that too.
Most likely Heroic for my first play through.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to play co-op with my roommate at launch because he will likely be out of the country, but since difficulty now scales in co-op, we would likely play through Heroic as well.
The problem I have with Legendary is that it fundamentally changed how you play Halo. It is designed as a "run and gun" shooter, but since enemies have so much health, and deal so much damage, you have to fight Halo like a cover based shooter because a single Elite will kill you in a "face to face" shootout.
Heroic, though difficult, still allows you to somewhat play like a run-and-gun shooter, though you unquestionably do have to fall back or take cover from time to time and let the shields recharge. In Legendary, it's every single encounter.
I always play Normal on a first playthrough. I need to absorb the story, take my time, explore every inch of each mission, try out every weapon on every enemy, etc.
Legendary solo for me. I started on legendary since Reach and anything less just wouldn't feel right.
Plus I like a challenge.

“You face opponents who have never known defeat, who laugh in alien tongues at your efforts to survive. This is suicide.”
Normal, because I want to play through and understand and appreciate the story first. After that, I'll take a shot at Legendary.
Legendary first, then I'll tear through it on easy.
LEL at that high horse. News flash, everyone can do legendary, I bet you've never done LASO.

Anyways, I'll be doing normal then LASO and hopefully there's a reward this time.
Japarikan wrote:
LEL at that high horse. News flash, everyone can do legendary, I bet you've never done LASO.

Anyways, I'll be doing normal then LASO and hopefully there's a reward this time.
Why do you need a reward? If for you it is an achievement just be proud of the fact you have done it. You don't need rewards for every single little thing in life. Besides for people who are reasonably skilled at shooter none of the mode are particularly difficult just some more time consuming than others. Games are about enjoyment and having fun nothing else should matter.
heroic, it's the definitive experience in terms of enemy difficulty compared to the lore

legendary is just to get the most challenging experience and lols/ragetages
Yup :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8