Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

What do we Hate about Halo 5?

OP Frosty 4 Rock

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ok no matter what way you slice it you know you hate at least one thing about this game. I like Halo but Halo 5 It has its flaws as well. What do you guys hate about it?

Disclaimer: This is just opinions. I do not intend to start a war with any major fanboys, I just want to see what people hate so that 343 can see and learn what mistakes should never happen again. Plus I was just curious about what the community Hates, I dont care about any Hate towards the game because sometimes people do it without reason. Im looking at you "Internet trolls" when I say that. You are banned from posting here trolls.

Edit: Ok when I say crappy weapons I meant to say there aren't enough good ones, but I can't change that option anymore so there you go

Edit 2: Great... Strike One Angered Fanboy up on the board. I will say it again, IM NOT TRYING TO ANGER FANBOYS!!! I made a list of the most Hated items in Halo 5, and wanted to know what the community hated. I like the game, most of it overall. Do not confuse that for me hating this game. Halo 5 is one of my favorite Xbox one Games to date anyway so theres no way i can hate all of it.

Angered Fan Boy Tally
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
II
I'll say that I was a bit more than upset from the small amount of Blue Team missions.
The campaign was brilliant.

There was exactly the amount of Blue Team that was required to tell the story. No less, no more.

The req system is fine. Once we had credits. Now we have reqs. Why does everyone have to make a federal case out of this?

Don't mention social play lists as if they're a beloved and deceased relative who we will never see again. They're already announced, for cryin' out loud.

The only thing of any value to be earned in this game is your rank. That is something worth working toward. Do you honestly believe that a helmut or visor color has any meaning at all just because they made you jump through some arbitrary and meaningless hoop in order to get it?

Split screen? Really? We're still sore about that one? Really? Fine. I don't even know what to do with you at this point....

Crappy weapons? This is where your opinions and my temper pretty much come off the rails.

Abilities, eh? You're gonna have a go at them too? Well, after you've got them deleted from the game you could really buckle down and lobby for the removal of "jump." Or maybe even have them yank all movement entirely. Why does the controller even have a left thumb stick, when you think about it? Why shouldn't we just spawn and shoot? All that motion just gets in the way of the purity of the game.
my problem is the having to have to get what you want out of these REQ'S don't get me wrong my opinion changes from topic to topic but not being able to unlock armor and everything else is very sad and frustrating.
the radar sucks most
The campaign was brilliant.
There was exactly the amount of Blue Team that was required to tell the story. No less, no more.
The req system is fine. Once we had credits. Now we have reqs. Why does everyone have to make a federal case out of this?
Don't mention social play lists as if they're a beloved and deceased relative who we will never see again. They're already announced, for cryin' out loud.
The only thing of any value to be earned in this game is your rank. That is something worth working toward. Do you honestly believe that a helmut or visor color has any meaning at all just because they made you jump through some arbitrary and meaningless hoop in order to get it?
Split screen? Really? We're still sore about that one? Really? Fine. I don't even know what to do with you at this point....
Crappy weapons? This is where your opinions and my temper pretty much come off the rails.
Abilities, eh? You're gonna have a go at them too? Well, after you've got them deleted from the game you could really buckle down and lobby for the removal of "jump." Or maybe even have them yank all movement entirely. Why does the controller even have a left thumb stick, when you think about it? Why shouldn't we just spawn and shoot? All that motion just gets in the way of the purity of the game.
I was afraid of this. You're probably confused about this. Im asking who feels like any of these things are bad, I'm not voicing my opinion. Im just choosing the most hated parts of this game. As much as the campaign had some bad qualities, I understand why it was like that... just nothing extremely memorable like the halo escapes, the mammoth run, the first time flying the pelican, the first scarab (Halo 2), Destroying the covenant in Halo 3's mission "The Covenant". I kinda miss that but the game is good overall. It could be better. I did not mean to offend you by listing commonly hated items. Personally I love the abilites (Dreamed of them ever since Halo Reach), Most of the weapons (unfortunate the sticky detonator is gone), the removal of halo 4 style loadouts (Equalizing the gameplay), and to a point some times the REQ system is good (Also we get FREE DLC).

Also what i meant when I said earning things, when you go back to Halo 3 and you saw the people in Recon Armor pre-vidmaster achievements, then you know that guy worked hard to get it. In Halo Reach, You worked hard and played many hours to unlock all the armor. The guys in Mark VI were looked up to, when some guys couldn't even unlock the Mark V... i know that it was XP that gave access to that stuff but getting there isnt easy. I still havent maxed myself out in Reach yet I nearly maxed myself out on Halo 4 in less than 7 months, ive been playing Halo Reach for 2 years and Im still no more than i think commander... whatever rank is above the one for MK V. There's nothing to think of for someone who just opened a gold REQ pack and got a mythic rare card out of pure luck other than "Lucky -Yoink-" and I'm gonna be thinking the same thing until i get the Mark IV Helmet when the update arrives. That's the only reason I just use my MK VI Scarred helmet anymore, because I did extra to unlock that. Thats why people have Helioskrill, because they worked to complete Halo MCC Legendary. People have actually wanted that for a while because It was something different. something worth fighting for. Thats the only reason I put earning items on, because people loved it and It signifies a total skill or determination of the player.

Ok enough Hate about things that are commonly hated. I made the Poll for that.
Make the Campaign more emotional! A story that we really care about! More intense moments with Chief and Blue Team. Add more Casual playlists and customization and to me you have a near perfect Halo game! ;)
calm your -Yoink- man. Be happy it didn't turn out like 4.
DUDEBOY2 wrote:
calm your -Yoink- man. Be happy it didn't turn out like 4.
again someone else didn't get what I meant. I Like Halo 5, better than Halo 4 indefinitely, but in the words of the youtube channel CinemaSins, "Nothing is without sin" so I picked the things most people hated to see what people hate the most out of all of them. The only thing i truly hated about the game was the campaign ending, blue team's length in the story (but i get why it's like that) and the REQ system's "Luck Therom" where people gain things they dont need or deserve because of total luck
No Forge. I can't stress this enough. It looks like it will be beautiful, but you guys at 343i are really making me bite my nails here. I CAN'T WAIT!!! *Shoots cat*

Since that isn't on the list, I picked customization. My ego really needs to have Recon, or EOD, maybe the flaming hat.
I could have enjoyed more Blue Team than those two waste of space missions that you just walk and talk and then move onto the next mission.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
I chose no causal playlist but my biggest complaint would be that we should be able to choose what playlist we want to play in MP. Add separate playlists for all the game modes so that we can play what we want and not have to play a millions slayer and breakout games to finally play CTF for one match.
The only frustrating thing for me is that every time I play it's like having to play mlg. Warzone is the only non ranked playlist so. Would like to see social soon
I do not see a Nothing option, please implement.
BLAM wrote:
I do not see a Nothing option, please implement.
I would if I could change the polls... but I can't. Sorry.
I just liked the idea of having to purchase your armor, because cR is actually canon in Halo. I wish you had all of the armor available to buy at once, but you have to earn cR to earn all of them, depending on the price.
YOU
Campaign for server selector. European servers needed !!!
Labmonkey wrote:
YOU
me? did i anger another fanboy? strike another up... Im writing up the most hated items by the community and haters, and then seeing what the community hates more. I love this game personally but everything has its flaws.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2