Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

What Halo game did armour Customisation the best?

OP oDjento

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Explain why you picked your choice in the comments! :)
I like customization in Halo 5 because there are more armor permutations to choose from and I don't believe we've ever been able to choose a stance before. Also, weapon skins are a lovely addition.
I like customization in Halo 5 because there are more armor permutations to choose from and I don't believe we've ever been able to choose a stance before. Also, weapon skins are a lovely addition.
You could choose your stance in Halo 4. I personally really dislike the weapon skins because of how outlandish and silly they can look, like a pizza skin really? If they had weapon skins that were slightly more grounded then I'd be fine with that. And there are more options for helmets and chest pieces in Halo 5 but only 3 or 4 different customisation parts for your spartan, and a lot of helmets look downright stupid and impractical, like unicorn helmets and deep sea diver helmets? Halo Reach had the ability to customise your helmet, chest, arms, wrist, visor, utility, armour effect, knee guards and each one looked more defined that you could tell what each person was wearing. They also looked more practical and something that you could imagine a super soldier using, some customisation options in Halo 5 look like cartoonish toys that make Halo loose its sci-fi military roots.

But hey, matter of opinion (:
H4 and Reach had the best armor customization in my opinion
oDjento wrote:
I personally really dislike the weapon skins because of how outlandish and silly they can look, like a pizza skin really?
Some people happen to like the pizza skin. It's all cosmetic anyway so who cares?
oDjento wrote:
And there are more options for helmets and chest pieces in Halo 5 but only 3 or 4 different customisation parts for your spartan, and a lot of helmets look downright stupid and impractical, like unicorn helmets and deep sea diver helmets?
It's simple and I like simplicity. Also, there is nothing wrong with unicorn helmets. Somebody out there likes it, I'm sure, so I see nothing wrong with adding a little something for everybody.
oDjento wrote:
Halo Reach had the ability to customise your helmet, chest, arms, wrist, visor, utility, armour effect, knee guards and each one looked more defined that you could tell what each person was wearing. They also looked more practical and something that you could imagine a super soldier using, some customisation options in Halo 5 look like cartoonish toys that make Halo loose its sci-fi military roots.
I couldn't care less what Reach does and doesn't let you customize. I still think Halo 5 is better. Not everyone cares about wrist and knee guards. Halo 5 looks cartoonish, in general, but that doesn't mean the armor customization isn't good. "Sci-fi military roots?" Okay, but there's Hayabusa from Halo 3 so this argument is invalid.
Halo Reach made me feel like this Spartan was mine, he was me. I gave him my personality and found little to no one who looked exactly like MY character. I hope 343 goes back to that style, and gives us the option to make our Spartans look like they've actually seen combat by making imperfections in the paint, scratches, and duller colors (so we don't look like the power rangers, and so I can stop annoying all my teammates by saying " go go power rangers" every time I start a fire fight match) . who's with me?
oDjento wrote:
I personally really dislike the weapon skins because of how outlandish and silly they can look, like a pizza skin really?
Some people happen to like the pizza skin. It's all cosmetic anyway so who cares?
oDjento wrote:
And there are more options for helmets and chest pieces in Halo 5 but only 3 or 4 different customisation parts for your spartan, and a lot of helmets look downright stupid and impractical, like unicorn helmets and deep sea diver helmets?
It's simple and I like simplicity. Also, there is nothing wrong with unicorn helmets. Somebody out there likes it, I'm sure, so I see nothing wrong with adding a little something for everybody.
oDjento wrote:
Halo Reach had the ability to customise your helmet, chest, arms, wrist, visor, utility, armour effect, knee guards and each one looked more defined that you could tell what each person was wearing. They also looked more practical and something that you could imagine a super soldier using, some customisation options in Halo 5 look like cartoonish toys that make Halo loose its sci-fi military roots.
I couldn't care less what Reach does and doesn't let you customize. I still think Halo 5 is better. Not everyone cares about wrist and knee guards. Halo 5 looks cartoonish, in general, but that doesn't mean the armor customization isn't good. "Sci-fi military roots?" Okay, but there's Hayabusa from Halo 3 so this argument is invalid.
OK bro your getting a little hostile. oDj here can have his own opinions. some of which I agree with, some I don't but that doesn't mean you gotta go for the throat like this.
Halo Reach have the best customisation and artstyle by far!
oDjento wrote:
oDjento wrote:
oDjento wrote:
Hayabusa still looks more practical than a dozen in Halo 5 and just because someone likes a unicorn helmet doesn't mean it should be in the game. I'm sure someone would like rainbows to be shooting out your rectum in the game and for each character to make anime noises when you punch the other, doesn't mean it should be there. And don't care about what is in reach? Well that is the point of this poll, it is a comparison...

All I was doing was sharing my opinion, doesn't mean you have to try slate could try voice your opinion in a better manner.
Reach's level of customizability was nice (especially the armor effects; I miss my birthday parties), however I think it makes more sense to be able to customize the entire legs and arms, rather than just knee guards and a thigh/wrist attachment. And I also like the addition of customizable weapon skins and assassinations.

But I will say this: it's important to be able to tell armor apart at a glance, and this is something that Halo 5 could do better. Most of the different armors blend together at a glance, during matches. Not to mention how it's impossible to tell some of the visors apart, which is really annoying... But perhaps that's a different issue than customization, itself.
oDjento wrote:
I personally really dislike the weapon skins because of how outlandish and silly they can look, like a pizza skin really? If they had weapon skins that were slightly more grounded then I'd be fine with that.
You don't think most of the weapon skins are "grounded"? Most of them seem pretty grounded to me. If you want grounded weapon skins that aren't jokes like pizza and cats, you still have plenty to choose from. It seems to me like the outlandish joke weapon skins are the exception, rather than the rule.
Halo Reach made me feel like this Spartan was mine, he was me. I gave him my personality and found little to no one who looked exactly like MY character. I hope 343 goes back to that style, and gives us the option to make our Spartans look like they've actually seen combat by making imperfections in the paint, scratches, and duller colors (so we don't look like the power rangers, and so I can stop annoying all my teammates by saying " go go power rangers" every time I start a fire fight match) . who's with me?
I see where you're coming from. Personally I could go for either the "gritty dull battle-scarred" look or the "sleek shiny new" look. Either one can look good to me. However you seem to be confusing art style with armor customization
Reach's level of customizability was nice (especially the armor effects; I miss my birthday parties), however I think it makes more sense to be able to customize the entire legs and arms, rather than just knee guards and a thigh/wrist attachment. And I also like the addition of customizable weapon skins and assassinations.

But I will say this: it's important to be able to tell armor apart at a glance, and this is something that Halo 5 could do better. Most of the different armors blend together at a glance, during matches. Not to mention how it's impossible to tell some of the visors apart, which is really annoying... But perhaps that's a different issue than customization, itself.
oDjento wrote:
I personally really dislike the weapon skins because of how outlandish and silly they can look, like a pizza skin really? If they had weapon skins that were slightly more grounded then I'd be fine with that.
You don't think most of the weapon skins are "grounded"? Most of them seem pretty grounded to me. If you want grounded weapon skins that aren't jokes like pizza and cats, you still have plenty to choose from. It seems to me like the outlandish joke weapon skins are the exception, rather than the rule.
I see where you're coming from. Personally I could go for either the "gritty dull battle-scarred" look or the "sleek shiny new" look. Either one can look good to me. However you seem to be confusing art style with armor customization
You make good points, to be fair my experience of playing Halo 5 has been on other peoples consoles or watching videos online where those skins are prevalent from when i've been playing and what i've seen dropped from req packs (also req packs to unlock stuff... urgh. Totally agree that you should be able to identify armour at a glance, you want to be proud and people notice what armour you've unlocked but when all armour looks similar or is unlocks through req packs it kinda loses it's charm. And I think art design comes into play a little bit as it then has an effect on what the armour looks like. It is definitely debatable but I consider it a part of what game has better customisation, through what you can choose to pick and what options are available.

To give an example, one thing that people didn't like about the Star Wars prequels was that since so much of the set was cgi the landscapes ended up looking too clean (look at the opening scene when thy fight the droids, no indication of scratch marks or blaster marks) and that definitely subconsciously effects you, taking you out of the world you're visiting. People like the practical effects in star wars because they looked rugged and looked real, as if someone had used such and such for years, and there was indication of wear. I apply this to halo too, I like my Spartan looking like he's survived a dozen battles, not looking like a Jaime Lannister kingsguard night (no scratches). I mean think about if Halo 5 gave the ability to add scratches or cuts to your armour and visor (like Chief's in campaign), then you could choose if your spartan was rugged and dirty or clean and polished (kinda like Doom).
Probably Halo 4, but, as simplistic as it was, Halo 3's customization was solid, except for half the armor requiring XBL Gold.
I liked how Halo 4 introduced a lot more armor customizations and general armor types. I also like how halo reach allowed each type of armor to be customized further.
Probably Halo 4, but, as simplistic as it was, Halo 3's customization was solid, except for half the armor requiring XBL Gold.
Agreed, I did love Halo 3's armour though as it wasn't just buying armour or credit unlocks, it was achievement based and you felt like you had achieved those armours when you finally got them. It didn't just feel like an extra cosmetic you just stuck on your spartan. Never really had the problem with the XBL Gold thing but I can understand how that would effect others!
DOOM. this is hilarious
DOOM. this is hilarious
Glad someone appreciated the DOOM reference (:
I love Halo: Reach's and Halo 4's armor customization the most. I also love that in DOOM and DOOM 2, you can make your armor color an eye bleeding shade of whatever you want (for example: bright as the sun red).
OK bro your getting a little hostile. oDj here can have his own opinions. some of which I agree with, some I don't but that doesn't mean you gotta go for the throat like this.
I wasn't being hostile and I never said he couldn't have his own opinions. What I did say is I couldn't care less about what customization Reach has. I am not here to argue about which is better, just state what my favorite is, which is the point of the poll, is it not?
oDjento wrote:
Hayabusa still looks more practical than a dozen in Halo 5 and just because someone likes a unicorn helmet doesn't mean it should be in the game.
Whether or not Hayabusa (or any helmet for that matter) looks practical is entirely subjective. Your opinion might be that a unicorn helmet shouldn't be in the game, but my opinion is that it should. See how this works?
oDjento wrote:
And don't care about what is in reach? Well that is the point of this poll, it is a comparison...
My post wasn't about Reach; it was about Halo 5. The point of this poll is to see what game everyone likes armor customization best in. I stated my opinion and you wanted to debate it.
oDjento wrote:
All I was doing was sharing my opinion, doesn't mean you have to try slate could try voice your opinion in a better manner.
And all I was doing is stating mine. I didn't ask to debate about whether or not Reach's is better.
Halo Reach all the way
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4