Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

What Halo game did armour Customisation the best?

OP oDjento

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I voted halo 3. Though it doesnt have the most customization I think it is the best system. I think the idea of earning armor through achievements as opposed to grinding adds replay value to the game and the armor would say something about you an example would be recon witch would say that you are a determined halo player... Well at least until 343 unlocked it for everyone.
can i just point out that the hellcat helmet looks like the starter armor for doom?
Halo Reach had the best armor customization hands down.
Reach had the best armor customization, 4 had the best unlock system and weapon skins. In my opinion, 5 was a huge step backward from both of them.
Definitely Halo: Reach with its amazing amount of customization points and the amount of armor options. If there could be such system and amount of armor/customization points with Halo 3 artstyle and same thing for elites with Halo 2 artstyle (including honor guards and such) then it could be perfect.
Halo Reach and Halo 4...
If I had to choose which game did better customization, the first thoughts that come to mind are Reach and Guardians, but neither really make the cut. Reach allowed you to customize so much of your Spartan in the good ol' bulky style of Halo, but it had....issues. One thing I wasn't fond of is that you couldn't change the chest piece, only attachments on chest piece, but I do get it's based of the fact that Team Noble all got Mjolnir bases but still. The game had good armor chooses, including those extra do-das you can attach to the side of a helmet which I love, but the wardrobe felt greatly limiting. This wasn't helped by the fact that some armors can only be unlocked through Waypoint somehow (which I am yet to find), and that most of the armor choices are hidden from you before you reach a certain rank, which doesn't make sense! You can see other armor choices you haven't completed requisitions for, but for others you can't!? It doesn't make people want to rank up if you don't show them the goodies you're going to bait them with. Now, what about Halo 5? It has a wide magnitude of almost 250 armor sets (Some great, some good, some decent, and little bit of rotten), but you are only limited to changing color, armor, helmet, and visor. This select of four is still good, just not as advanced as Reach. There is one major problem though, you get these out of random chance when you buy a req pack. Why not make the them very expensive to buy through reqs (at about the price of a gold pack) so we get the stuff you actually want to get, or even make armors you can earn through challenges. You have collectables in campaign that when you collect you get achievement points, and stupid emblems I'll probably never use. Why not get an armor when you do it? Another problem is that the actual challenges in the game to get special armors are stupid. Now, I've never been that big of a fan of playing as an elite, but I thought they were fine and nice addition. Now, welcome to Halo 5: 0 elites. Also welcome, Helioskrull, what I consider the punch to the face that says: "Hey! Wanna be an elite? Well, work your butt off raging through all the campaigns on Legendary to get to be what is the closest to being an elite in the game, yuck, yuck!". Another stupid armor challenge is to watch a boring movie you have to pay $12 to skip through to get the sweet looking Nightfall armor. Now, I know you can still get it in req packs, but it's still stupid. Other challenges like the Achilles, Timmy, and Olive are all fair in my opinion, but that still doesn't excuse the stupidity I mentioned beforehand. So, I came do to thinking which is better when I remembered hearing a friend talk about how good the original customization for Halo 4 (not the one in the MC Collection) was, and it sounded as good as Reach's, and I've seen Halo 4's pretty decent armor choices; so I picked that for the best.
Halo reach for sure. You could customize every little detail
Reach, there's no doubts.
the method of earning armor was best in reach but I vote for h3 because of the selection of armor
I like customization in Halo 5 because there are more armor permutations to choose from and I don't believe we've ever been able to choose a stance before. Also, weapon skins are a lovely addition.
I don't understand how you could like H5's armor customization, there are a ton of armors yes but a lot of them look like crap and are just there for filler so the new microtransaction system can exist. There are also a ton of duplicate sets with slight differences in how they look like patterns again so that a microtransaction system can exist, not to mention the REQ system means that you earn armor randomly instead of actually earning it like in games like H3 and Reach. So if somebody has Recon armor in H5 I don't look at them with respect thinking "they must be good at this game to have earned Recon" instead I look at them and wonder whether they randomly earned that skin early or if they had to grind forever to get that skin. H5's armor customization is objectively the worst in the series.
When it comes to armour customization in halo, the halo game that comes up to thought the most is halo reach.Its definitely one of the best games that gives you free customization.
Doom lol
duh. Halo Reach for sure
Reach had the ability to change everything, not just armors that look exactly the same, helmets designed by 2 yr olds, and visors every color of the noob rainbow.
The only problem I have with Reach is how the armor is only unlocked once you get to a certain rank. The last helmet you get is obviously to be the "Pro Helmet" and everyone should be able to customize their spartan as much as they want. And when someone starts playing they get random equipment so that nothing is considered nooby
Auryss5450 wrote:
Reach had the ability to change everything, not just armors that look exactly the same, helmets designed by 2 yr olds, and visors every color of the noob rainbow.
*cough* halo 5 *cough*
Halo 4 because I liked choosing my spartan's shoulders.
!!! REACH !!!
Halo Reach. There was just so much.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4