Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

What Halo game did armour Customisation the best?

OP oDjento

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Even though, I really didn't like the game Halo: Reach, when you compare it to Halo 5: Guardians customization wise there is debate which one wins for one main reason. The reason is that Halo: Reach allowed players to choose what they would like to buy to wear as long as they meet the requirements to get the armor.

On the other hand, Halo 5: Guardians was given in cards which were completely random, which makes it so if you want to get a particular armor, you have to grind Halo 5 to get it. "Grinding" is a way to allow 343 Industries to say "their players" have been playing Halo 5 when advertising their games and whatnot.

That is why I went with Halo: Reach.
I loved how Reach made it so detailed but H5 has some great additions.
Reach's customization was soooooooooooooo good. I miss everything about it, like what the hell happened to armor effects? I loved the armor effects, you could tell who was a Bungie employee, who had the legendary edition, or who played a lot just based on the armor effects not to mention they were just awesome silliness i.e. the grunt birthday explosion when you die. It made me so sad that they didn't expand on armor effects. Not to mention you could actually choose which armor you wanted after you unlocked them, instead of terrible RNG, and then you could customize it even further by choosing the varients you wanted. Aside from some issues with the story and gameplay (armor abilities), everything else about Reach was so good and I had so much fun with it at the time even though it was one of Bungie's weaker games at the time.
Halo 5. Only because of the large diversity. Reach had the best system for purchasing armor.
BASlayer wrote:
Halo 5. Only because of the large diversity. Reach had the best system for purchasing armor.
Just because there is more though doesn't mean it's better, as a hell of a lot of Halo 5 ones are just stupid, and this also includes as a whole the way you purchase your armour and what parts you can customise. As about 80% of the helmets i've unlocked in Halo 5 I don't even want to wear haha! (:
Halo Reach all the way.

Halo 5's selection was diverse, but ultimately felt somewhat useless with all the armor-- a lot of it didn't stand out to me.

Not to mention, my favorite art style in my heart belongs to Reach. It captured the tone of what should Halo be perfectly, and it reflects that through it's armor customization as well.
oDjento wrote:
BASlayer wrote:
Just because there is more though doesn't mean it's better, as a hell of a lot of Halo 5 ones are just stupid, and this also includes as a whole the way you purchase your armour and what parts you can customise. As about 80% of the helmets i've unlocked in Halo 5 I don't even want to wear haha! (:
Gotta agree with you there. I have tons of armor but only like about 3 sets lol.
Halo Reach's customization may have beeen a bit excessive, but it made me feel more connected to my spartan. Halo 5 has way too many armor variants with the only differences being patterns. Halo 2 and 4 had solid customization, & Halo 3 had a really good armor customization. But overall Reach had a better variety of choices in my opinion.
I like the catalog of different armors and visors in Halo 5 and even Halo 4, but man o man Reach is hands down the best!
liked reach cause it was very customizable and the helmets looked good
Reach for sure. Even though there isn't an unnecessarily high number of forgettable armors to chose from like in Halo 5, I still feel like your options for creating a truly personalized spartan were far greater in Reach. I loved all the options and the armor designs were mostly amazing and incredibly detailed. Halo 4 actually had a good system as well imo (art style aside). It was similar to Reach in regards to customization options and there were a variety of ways to earn armors through commendations or achievements.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4