Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

What Halo game did armour Customisation the best?

OP oDjento

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
Iron Xile wrote:
I loved how Reach made it so detailed but H5 has some great additions.
Halo 4 was a great middle ground.
I like customization in Halo 5 because there are more armor permutations to choose from and I don't believe we've ever been able to choose a stance before. Also, weapon skins are a lovely addition.
What you got was determined by RNG so Halo 5 automatically has the worst customization by far. Like are you serious you can’t even choose what you unlock? What if you get something that looks completely ridiculous (pretty much 50% of all the cosmetics in H5) and you’re just stuck with it? It’s a stupid system that tries to trick you into buying stuff.
The only person to blame for buying packs is yourself. While I agree that the RNG system lacks the sense of honor after Earning armor, Halo 5 does have an extremely broad selection of armor to choose from, both new and old. I do hope the old ways of earning armor either through saving up creds or rank/achievement unlocks returns, though I’m 100% sure it will in Infinite.
And again, if you feel pressured to buy packs to look good that is 100% on you, not 343. I never bought packs and I unlocked everything just by playing the game.
I understand what you’re saying and while you are somewhat correct (in my opinion) you seem to miss that whether the packs are hard to get or not, you don’t get to choose what you get, unlike in reach. Also reqs don’t come easily, at least for me cause I suck at Halo 5 lol, but I’m not sure how performance affects getting req points.
I like customization in Halo 5 because there are more armor permutations to choose from and I don't believe we've ever been able to choose a stance before. Also, weapon skins are a lovely addition.
What you got was determined by RNG so Halo 5 automatically has the worst customization by far. Like are you serious you can’t even choose what you unlock? What if you get something that looks completely ridiculous (pretty much 50% of all the cosmetics in H5) and you’re just stuck with it? It’s a stupid system that tries to trick you into buying stuff.
The only person to blame for buying packs is yourself. While I agree that the RNG system lacks the sense of honor after Earning armor, Halo 5 does have an extremely broad selection of armor to choose from, both new and old. I do hope the old ways of earning armor either through saving up creds or rank/achievement unlocks returns, though I’m 100% sure it will in Infinite.
And again, if you feel pressured to buy packs to look good that is 100% on you, not 343. I never bought packs and I unlocked everything just by playing the game.
I understand what you’re saying and while you are somewhat correct (in my opinion) you seem to miss that whether the packs are hard to get or not, you don’t get to choose what you get, unlike in reach. Also reqs don’t come easily, at least for me cause I suck at Halo 5 lol, but I’m not sure how performance affects getting req points.
It’s already been confirmed Halo Infinite will return to or build upon Halo Reach’s customization format, which makes me incredibly happy. I miss the days when armor was a statement not only of what your Spartan/Elite looks like but the patience and determination to get those beautiful expensive armor pieces or achievement-earned sets.
I like the Halo 5 weapon customization but I love the Halo Reach armour customization.
Halo 5 definitely had the best freedom of armor customization, and halo MCC data is linked to halo 5, which is how u get the mojionere armor
(wrong spelling)
Halo 4 brought stance and weapon skins, and yeah halo 5 has the most armor I think it is completely trash the way they went about the customizations in pay to earn cosmetics, what I loved about all the other halo games was you earned your cosmetics, the cooler the look the harder it was to get that look.
I liked that halo 3 had amour unlocks for completing certain challenges or hitting milestones! Halo reach had great options but I hated the currency implementation and the color scheme options seemed so drab. I would be happier grinding out a difficult challenge that makes you stand out from other players than just play games earn credits rinse and repeat!
I always loved the enormous selection of armor pieces that halo reach offered, it really allowed each and every player to give their own personal touch to their spartan
Halo Reach: you earn points just by playing the game, that you can spend on which armor customization you want, and the higher you rank, the more variety of options you have access to. I find that infinitely preferable to random options in booster packs, most of which are just new paint jobs on the designs we inevitably already have.
Reach and 4 (they were basically the same) because I loved mix matching armor to make you own custom spartan.
I picked halo 5 because it's an under appreciated underdog. Many didn't like various aspects of the look and customization, or lack of options. But, I have to admit that In halo 5 you can create some very good looking Spartans.
Halo Reach, In just about every way. I loved the credit system, and each new unlocked armor looked cooler than the last. Kinda wish we had some armor unlockable through achievements like in Halo 3.
100% Halo Reach.
I honestly can't get passed Reach, but 4 comes a close second. There was so much involved. There were helmet attachments, shoulder variants, torsos with metal arms, utility, wrist, knees, visor colors, firefight voices, SO MUCH! Credits were a great way of giving the player freedom to choose what they wanted. With 4, it's largely the same, but I like that there were stances, more visor colors, and loadout weapon skins. The reason for why I don't say Halo 5 is my favorite is because individual armor customization was less than Halo 3 with only a helmet and a set of armor on the rest of the body you couldn't change. I also think that Halo 5 has too many visor colors that look similar, while Halo 4 was perfect with the variety of colors. I do like the new stances, assassinations, and weapon skins though, as well as Helioskrill.
Reach design concepts were alot cooler albeit more limited. It felt more dynamic than most of the other games..... Halo 5 is next however THERE"S TOO MANY options lol with exclusive stuff locked thru micro-transactions
I will give credit to Halo: 3 ODST’s customization, but Halo: Reach had more freedom of course.
To me the halo reach armor customization is the best . the idea of saveing up to buy the armor you want is a great idea.
I like Halo 5 guardians customization more.
Halo reach has the best armor Customization in all of halo so far in my opinion.
Reach, easily. How they haven’t taken that and run further with it in another new title yet is amazing to me. The MCC Reach took it another step further, although I liked the original Reach method of unlocking the pieces a lot better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6