Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

What is the scariest Covenant Race?

OP TheSmallestPond

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It stills gives me shivers when the music picks up, I see a big open space, and not a single enemy is around. Hunters may not be the hardest enemy to kill, but the intimidation factor is always up there.
Jackals. I still have nightmares of them sniping me...
Prophets...they used all these other races for their own selfish agenda
Not even going to lie , I got actual jump scared by a bloody grunt in the first game , was sneaking around with a sniper casually scoping the area then a bloody screech ah the demon " maybe both of us got scared never pressed the left trigger so fast in my life
Brutes, ruthless and unforgiving. There is no way there is a chance of living if captured. Plus they will eat you.
Drones are gross, but when I was much younger and i was playing "The Silent Cartographer" for the first time, I was shaking and nearly crapped my pants when I had to face the Hunters. That's how I accidentally found ways to skip big parts of the level, because I was willing to try anything than to fight those things lol.
Hunters are a big helping of nope on legendary, unless you have the right weapons.
Hunters. They give me the creeps whenever they show up with their epic trademark music on Legendary plus they're basically a bunch of disgusting worms stuffed in armor.
Hunters are definitely the scariest. I had a whole new perspective of them once I watched Halo: Nightfall. Absolute nightmare fuel!
Ever since I was young I always found the hunters terrifying.. I use to jump out of my skin when they'd rush at me. LOL
Brutes, drones and jackals, only because they all have a habit of eating human meat.
hunters, imagine running around a corner into a wall of worms, imagine that they start swarming you, imagine them entering your body however they can, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, open wounds. now imagine the pain of having your limbs burnt away by burning hot plasma, imagine your metal chestplate as a marine melting into your skin. and finally imagine the pain from being thrown into a concrete wall by a hunter, imagine having a vehicle thrown on you because of a hunter, imagine having that giant brick of an arm driven into your abdomen. Hunters are scary considering how complex they can be yet how simple they are.
The Squigz wrote:
As feral as the Brutes act, the lekgolo (hunters) scare me the most. The fact that they get exponentially smarter the more there are scares me even more.
Spoiler:
Show
Seconded... Individually the worms aren't really all that scary. Its when they are in their swarm form (aka Hunter mode) that their combined intelligence is something to be feared. According to the Halo story arc. Even the Elites fear and respect them
Imagine being a citizen in New Mombasa when the Covenant invaded. You are hiding in your house and you can feel the ground shake from the heavy footfalls of a Hunter as it gets closer and closer. Idea: survival horror Halo game!
a survival horror where you have to evade the covenant and escape the city?
I vote Brutes, especially with their methods of torture described in the expanded books. They're like big, sadistic bears
The Squigz wrote:
As feral as the Brutes act, the lekgolo (hunters) scare me the most. The fact that they get exponentially smarter the more there are scares me even more.
Spoiler:
Show
Seconded... Individually the worms aren't really all that scary. Its when they are in their swarm form (aka Hunter mode) that their combined intelligence is something to be feared. According to the Halo story arc. Even the Elites fear and respect them
Imagine being a citizen in New Mombasa when the Covenant invaded. You are hiding in your house and you can feel the ground shake from the heavy footfalls of a Hunter as it gets closer and closer. Idea: survival horror Halo game!
a survival horror where you have to evade the covenant and escape the city?
Yes! I feel like the only thing we have that is close to that ODST on Heroic or Legendary.
Depends on your definition of scary. I chose prophets because their power and influence can get any of the others to do what they want.
Hunters (Mgalekgolo) have always been menacing yet intriguing to me. The fact they are worms (Lekgolo) of high intelligence, they are given respect from the Covenant is pretty impressive! They are my favourite and scariest covenant race.
Hunters, big walking tanks with fuel rod guns. Even death itself is afraid.
Hunters wreak everything
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3