OP Sensei Joltss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Vaudeur wrote:
Hitmarkers aren't bad. I like hitmarkers.
Hitboxes are not the same as hitmarkers.
What's the difference?
I'm surprised people chose Locke when "Campaign" is right above it. Out of everything, I hate Campaign the most. Spartan Charge next, then not much else.
None of the above. The worst aspect of this game is its insistence that you play as part of a team. Campaign & FFA are the only two ways to escape team game play, and even campaign tries to fight you on it. Warzone Firefight, the one game mode that has no conceivable reason to force team play, still forces team play and it's especially unforgivable there because they could change it with little more than the flip of a switch. This game is too sweaty and it's way too teamy.
This.
I actually like every aspect asked about in this poll.
Muhabahaba wrote:
Vaudeur wrote:
What's the difference?
Hitboxes are the areas on the enemy where you must hit them to do damage.

hitmarkers are the little popups on your reticle to let you know that you hit somebody(In Halo 5, it's a little red X that pops up). Hitmarkers were never a part of the Halo games until Halo 5 and there shouldn't be a need for them in this franchise. The problem is that the player movement speed is so fast and frantic now that the need for hitmarkers has been artificially created.
Also am I the only person disappointed by the lack of character development Blue Team had in the story? Not everyone has read those books you know. (I didn't)

It's like 343 put them in the campaign and expected us to already know who they were, their past, and I mean all of them, not just Chief obviously.
Spartan Charge is tedious to use. It took me over 3 months to complete the corresponding commendation. Despite that, it's not a bad offensive option in SWAT / (Shotty) Snipers.
it was a tie for me between Spartan charge and the campaign but then I remembered how triggering Spartan charge is
Radar, but campaign was , or seemed too short
Muhabahaba wrote:
Vaudeur wrote:
What's the difference?
Hitboxes are the coding that surround objects. The head hitbox on a Spartan surrounds the head at relatively the same size. Hitboxes are there for other hitboxes to interact with. Whether it be a Spartan's entire hitbox interacting with a wall or a hydra missile's hitbox interacting with a Warthog's.
Charge, tiny radar and the campaign.
I (like most) picked campaign for only one reason. It tried to do too much character-wise in a 5-6 hour campaign. We went from (essentially a 1-spartan story in Halo 4, to a 8-spartan story in Halo 5. I just had the idea recently that it could have been cool if they had focused on each team doing missions separately, so we could bond somewhat to the characters, then when they "fight", it would mean a bit more. Also, I only played it once at launch (so maybe I'm forgetting) but where the heck did the other three in Blue Team come from? Wasn't Chief the last Spartan -II?
There were many great things about the campaign though: amazing cinematics, good gameplay, interesting environments/worlds, good voice acting, etc. I just fear not enough time was spent getting the player invested in the characters to warrant much love like in past games.
I have high hopes for the next one, they've learned a lot, and if the current state of Halo 5 is an example, "Halo 6" will be pretty darn good.
I actually liked the Spartan Abilities. Of course, the double impact of a melee and a sprint makes sense in a combat situation. Of course, having hover abilities makes sense, because it helps aiming and prevents damage from falling from high altitudes. Of course, clambering makes sense; after all, how stupid would it be to say that a Spartan couldn't climb? Of course, ground pounding... actually no, ground pounding does not make much sense, but that ability is fun nonetheless.

As for the campaign, Halo 5's is actually my favorite. Despite the Halo community's general dislike, it touched my heart in a way that the others didn't. I find it difficult to explain for the most part, but I can say the cutscene at the end of The Breaking played a role.

For my vote, I would say the radar. It was fine the way it was in the past, and decreasing the range did not make much sense.
TRITONK175 wrote:
Am I the only person who likes the campaign despite LOATHING the narrative???
The campaign and location in it were amazing and breathtaking. Kamchatka, Argent Moon, Meridian, Sangheilios, and Genesis were awesome places that told stores just by looking at them. The fact that you interact with them in a way (charging through destructibles, getting Intel) made those places even more deep.

The narrative, no. I bet someone could make money by adding different dialogue to the campaign, a few self-made cutscenes, and republishing Halo 5.
Results are not surprising.
The campaign it almost ruined the game.
Locke.. I just couldn't get myself into his character.. I like that actor a lot better in the Netflix Original, as Luke Cage.
Either Spartan Charge or how bad the Campaign story was.
Campaign story by a factor of about 900000000000000000000000000000000000000X compared to all that other stuff.
TRITONK175 wrote:
Am I the only person who likes the campaign despite LOATHING the narrative???
no
The Campaign was just so bad
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4