Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

What would you pick as a Forge Avatar.

OP Marinealver

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Who/what would you play as in Forge mode?

Make Your Selection:

So in a thread about customization I added a segment of what I would think a cool customization option is if you could chose your editor model in the forge mode for Halo Infinite. Anything from the from the Iconic monitor to the Humble Sentinel or the Covenant Engineer. If you could pick one when editing forge which one would it be?

1. Monitor The classic floaty ball that has been the standard for all forge modes
  2. Sentinel You saw these guys shoot and you saw them carry things and work without pause.
  3. Promethean Watcher For once you might see them do something useful other than be a pain
  4. Huragok (Covenant Engineer) The floaty boys from ODST that explodes in a real cool way when you shoot them with a plasma pistol, wha... wait, we are not supposed to shoot at them?
For playable characters go to this thread.
So in a thread about customization I added a segment of what I would think a cool customization option is if you could chose your editor model in the forge mode for Halo Infinite. Anything from the from the Iconic monitor to the Humble Sentinel or the Covenant Engineer. If you could pick one when editing forge which one would it be?

1. Monitor The classic floaty ball that has been the standard for all forge modes
  2. Sentinel You saw these guys shoot and you saw them carry things and work without pause.
  3. Promethean Watcher For once you might see them do something useful other than be a pain
  4. Huragok (Covenant Engineer) The floaty boys from ODST that explodes in a real cool when you shoot them with a plasma pistol, wha... wait, we are not supposed to shoot at them?
All very nice ideas, but I'm keeping it classic with the Monitor.
A huragok sounds like an interesting idea. It fits well with their role to create/repair things.
Who wouldn’t want to fly around as a Huragok?
I think a choice would be cool, especially when you are Forging with friends.

But I'm gonna go with the Sentinel.
Huragok. That would be so cool.
No one loves the watcher, it is not its fault it was a Promethean.
Well, it has always been the monitor, so I guess it would feel odd to play as another character
Well, it has always been the monitor, so I guess it would feel odd to play as another character
Wow this forum is really buggy, when I clicked on the notifications the poll results said 100% Monitor (someone must be hacking the votes).
Wow this forum is really buggy, when I clicked on the notifications the poll results said 100% Monitor (someone must be hacking the votes).
I don't think so, maybe it's a programming hiccup
Haha, no one has voted for a Watcher? They are rathr annoying.
Skunkie wrote:
Haha, no one has voted for a Watcher? They are rathr annoying.
If different editor models are an option in Halo Infinite Forge I would still say throw them in because there will be at least a few people who would pick this just to stand out a little.
Tough choice between Monitor and Huragok.
Monitor, definitely. Secondary would be Huragok.
I would still go with the monitor as it's the playable being when forging something.

2 middle ones are more of a combat units, even if the other is more in a support role.

Engineer would be interesting option but I think I would still go with monitor to build forerunner and other lesser technology based structures.

So monitor makes sense as the avatar.
The monitor is fine but mixing things up to the huragok would be pretty awesome.
Any of them
I would still go with the monitor as it's the playable being when forging something.

2 middle ones are more of a combat units, even if the other is more in a support role.

Engineer would be interesting option but I think I would still go with monitor to build forerunner and other lesser technology based structures.

Generally the only requirement is to be a player sized character that floats around. I remember seeing the sentinels in H2 carrying gas so I'd figure they could they could also work as an editor.
The watcher is obviously the least popular one but I'd figure some players would pick it just to be a little different from everyone else.

4. Huragok (Covenant Engineer) The floaty boys from ODST that explodes in a real cool way when you shoot them with a plasma pistol, wha... wait, we are not supposed to shoot at them?
For playable characters go to this thread Huragok(Covenant Engineer
Huragok (Covenant Engineer) definitely sounds like that could be interesting to play as!

Generally the only requirement is to be a player sized character that floats around. I remember seeing the sentinels in H2 carrying gas so I'd figure they could they could also work as an editor.
The watcher is obviously the least popular one but I'd figure some players would pick it just to be a little different from everyone else.
Sentinels have their uses outside of combat but carrying gas seems to direct towards manual labor rather than creative work. But could definitely still work as an option for forge mode.

As to why I would prefer monitor is that monitors seem to be the ones calling the shots in the absence of forerunners which leads to monitors being the ones creating stuff more appealing, even if forge is just community creation tool.
The popping up gear is pretty much just for the sake of convenience, otherwise I could see monitor tagging the place they want the item brought to while sentinels (or other forerunner tech) could carry it in place, depending on the size of object & the available room. Obviously that would get old fast.

But as for the avatar itself, I don't see much reason to drastically change the icon that already is recognizeable yet little thing.

Maybe have some other icon for the mode in some spin-off title like with what Halo 3: ODST did with the legendary symbol but even then it would be a thad bit odd much like the legendary icon change.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2