Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[Locked] Whats the worst Halo Multiplayer?

OP Writery

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Looking back at them all now, I say Halo 3. Call me what you will, but when I went back to MCC and played all the Halo multiplayers, I couldn't stand Halo 3.
Halo 5 is my favorite IMO. Way into the arena gameplay.
4 was easily my least favorite and least memorable, but I will give it credit for having three saving graces: Regicide, Medal Madness, and Husky Raid.

Also: I miss Reach's Headhunter gametype so much. :(
Halo 4 for me.
4 or 5, Reach may have sent us towards the rabbit hole, but 4 and 5 definitely took us in with trying to catch the CoD crowd. Halo 2 was, to this day, is my preferred MP experience in a Halo game.
Halo 5
I love it, but there's something about the map design that just doesn't feel "Halo" to me in Arena.
Also, never been a fan of Smart-Scope, and never will be.
iseeOwls wrote:
Halo 2

Didnt like the mp at all. I actually don't mind Halo 5 multiplayer.
Stop trolling
Would have thought MMC would be in here
EvilKeny28 wrote:
Halo 4. It just wasn't that memorable for me.
That said I never did play Halo Ce and Halo 2 multiplayer.
I promise you, CE and 2 are some of the best games to play with friends.
Halo 3 takes that crown for me - honestly had more enjoyment playing multiplayer from every other game more than I ever did playing 3
I enjoy every halo multiplayer so it's a bit hard for me to choose, but I'll go with halo 4 because most of the armor abilities weren't that interesting to me, and they straight up ruined the jet pack. also the fact that it pointed out where every weapon was on the map really bothered me. I'm still annoyed by the highlight around the weapon in halo 5 when you approach it and the little marker on the h2a weapons also when you approach them but at least they don't show you everything before you can physically see the weapon like in halo 4. hopefully in future halo's they'll go back to not pointing everything out to you.
It's unlikely they will change that, this was first introduced in Halo 3 odst ad now with Halo being a rated T game they have to make everything obvious so that little kids will know what to do.
Halo 5 mp>>>>>>>>>>>>halo reach and 4 mp, come at me, bro!
EchoLoco2 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
I'll take your word for it.
stckrboy wrote:
Halo 3 takes that crown for me - honestly had more enjoyment playing multiplayer from every other game more than I ever did playing 3
Halo 3 has the best weapons sandbox, great balancing, great maps, playable elites with awesome customization for them and Spartans, duel wielding, awesome vehicles, split screen, fantastic game modes, introduction of forge theater and file share, and huge replay value. I'm not trying to be a jerk, and i know it's your opinion, but I'm just seriously confused about why you think it has the worst multiplayer. I think it has the best.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Halo 3 has the best weapons sandbox, great balancing, great maps, playable elites with awesome customization for them and Spartans, duel wielding, awesome vehicles, split screen, fantastic game modes, introduction of forge theater and file share, and huge replay value. I'm not trying to be a jerk, and i know it's your opinion, but I'm just seriously confused about why you think it has the worst multiplayer. I think it has the best.
Oh I know loads of people love it, I've just had more enjoyment playing Halo 4 and 5 with friends than I ever did playing Halo 3.
I prefer how Halo 5 balanced the sandbox, prefer maps from Halo 2 and 4, never been a fan of playable elites, dual wielding (in my opinion) imbalanced the sandbox. Can give you split-screen - I never really used it so I don't miss it but I know how important that is to folk. Theatre needs a lot of work for sure, hope that future games do some work on this to bring back campaign theatre and rewinding. For Forge I have to go with Halo 5 for the sheer amount of work the team put into it.
stckrboy wrote:
EchoLoco2 wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Oh I know loads of people love it, I've just had more enjoyment playing Halo 4 and 5 with friends than I ever did playing Halo 3.
I prefer how Halo 5 balanced the sandbox, prefer maps from Halo 2 and 4, never been a fan of playable elites, dual wielding (in my opinion) imbalanced the sandbox. Can give you split-screen - I never really used it so I don't miss it but I know how important that is to folk. Theatre needs a lot of work for sure, hope that future games do some work on this to bring back campaign theatre and rewinding. For Forge I have to go with Halo 5 for the sheer amount of work the team put into it.
agreed. Halo 5's forge may be the best thing about the whole game.
I' saying halo 2, because it was the first halo to have Xbox live features. When you go into a game with 16 players on the Halo 2 maps and spawning, it tends to have major imbalance. It does get a bit of a pass, because it was the first Halo on XBL.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
On that note, the real tragedy is stripping Halo 5 of its splitscreen multiplayer. That is what Halo was and always should be about: Having a blast with two or more friends (three or more players altogether) on one TV in your own living room. That is the definition of fun. Eight-player system link on two Xboxs is also amazing. Online multiplayer doesn't even come close.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
On that note, the real tragedy is stripping Halo 5 of its splitscreen multiplayer. That is what Halo was and always should be about: Having a blast with two or more friends (three or more players altogether) on one TV in your own living room. That is the definition of fun. Eight-player system link on two Xboxs is also amazing. Online multiplayer doesn't even come close.
343 confirmed split screen is coming back in all future Halo FPS games.
Halo 4 wasnt bad multiplayer, but with customizable loadouts and killstreaks, it was far from perfect
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4