Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which Elites look better? (Please read first)

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We're not judging the Elites by their overall quality of graphics or extra details, but by their general looks. Imagine if each of these Elites had the exact same shapes and colouring as they currently have but all within the same updated engine. You'd then be able to fairly compare them. You would see that even the Halo 2 Anniversary Elites look very different from the Halo 2 Elites (i.e. different shaped skulls and helmets; rougher, harder and bumpier/thornier skin; different shaped mandables; etc. - I personally feel the H2A Elites look more like slimmer versions of the Halo 4/5 Elites than classic Halo 2 Elites). Pay attention to both armour and physiology.
In short, we're judging the Elites' appearance based on style rather than graphics.

Examples:

Halo CE Elite

Halo 2 Elite

Halo 3 Elite

Halo Reach Elite

Halo 4 Elite

Halo 2 Anniversary Campaign Elite

Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer Elite

Elites Without Helmets:

Halo 2

Halo Reach (Glitched)

Halo 4

Halo 2 Anniversary

Skulls

Classic Legendary Emblem - Resembles Elites from Halos 1, 2 & 3

Halo 2 Anniversary Elite Skull - Matches H2A smaller Elite heads

Note: Sorry about the question. My autocorrect is really weird. It changed "Sangheili" to "which will". It does that sort of thing a lot.

For me, I prefer the eel-like physiology of Bungie's Elites and their pointier, angular helmets. I voted "Halo 3". I couldn't find the best images of the Halo 3 Elites, but I remember there were some great ones in the old video game guide (not manual) that really showed off their shark-like qualities.
Thanks for putting such time into this poll, it’s not something you see everyday to have so much work put into this, so thanks!
I chose the halo 2 anniversary multiplayer elites, because the necks aren’t so long, see that’s the one feature that reallly does it for me

This post has been hidden.

The 1,2,3 elites always looked off to me, and the 4 and 5 ones are just ugly. I think that h2 anniversary successfully combined the look of both
Thanks for putting such time into this poll, it’s not something you see everyday to have so much work put into this, so thanks!
I chose the halo 2 anniversary multiplayer elites, because the necks aren’t so long, see that’s the one feature that reallly does it for me
You're welcome. :) I figured it just made sense if I could give people assistance in visualising the different Elites to help them decide and keep the poll accurate. People might think they prefer one type of Elite because they've forgotten what the others looked like rather than them actually liking that design more. It's also just nice to sit back and appreciate the designs of the Sangheili.
I quite like the style of the H2A multiplayer Elites as well. They're not my favourite, but I love the sleek look of the armour.

Unknown wrote:
I think the Reach elites are best. I can’t describe it but something about them makes them look “elite”. The design of the Reach elites is very fitting to how they behave in gameplay, fast and agile.
Yeah. I get that, for sure. But I also see why people think they're a little too bulky.

The 1,2,3 elites always looked off to me, and the 4 and 5 ones are just ugly. I think that h2 anniversary successfully combined the look of both
I actually don't hate the Halo 4 and 5 Elites, but they do feel somewhat Brute-ish, which I think should be saved for the Jiralhanae. One interesting thing to note is that the H2A Elites are actually just Halo 4 models that were reshaped. 343i had previously used that method to create the Halo 4 Jackals from the Halo Reach ones.
I'm not the biggest fan of the H2A campaign Elites. The helmet shape puts me off, and the faces are a bit weird for me. I think the latter issue might come from the fact that they used motion caption (of real life humans) to create the H2A's Elites' expressions, similar to Smaug in The Hobbit, and they therefore changed the facial structure to match. Plus, they look a little too Yautja in my opinion.
Halo Reach elites for sure.
As we all some what know that 1,2 is probs due to bad graphics. I like 3, and reach, unfortunately I can’t have 2 votes. 343s version of elites look deformed and disgusting and elites are supposed to be really badass, cool aliens and 343 made them look like giant warts. Ewwwwwwwwwwwy🤢🤮

EDIT haven’t played h2A but by your pictures, I like them and that armour from the multiplayer is badass. I’ll get the game next time I pop into a game shop. (If it’s fairly cheap)
I always prefer the Halo 2 elites when it comes to the artstyle. Pretty much both the armor design and physiology. The armors fitted their ranks with lower ranks having combat oriented suits with sleek design and higher ranking ones like political elites having rather ornamental design given they were not meant to be in combat at least in such amounts.
Halo CE Elites followed closely by Halo 2 Elites. The Honor Guards, to me, have always been some of the coolest looking Elites I've ever seen
I think the Halo 2A and Reach look the best.
I'm still going with the H2A campaign look.
Halo CE Elites followed closely by Halo 2 Elites. The Honor Guards, to me, have always been some of the coolest looking Elites I've ever seen
The Honor Guards are definitely the coolest looking Elites in the franchise.
I loved the reach Elites always liked the variety and the way they played in the game.
I think it's an understatement to say that 343 freaking nailed the Elites in Halo 2 Anniversary's campaign. I want those Elites back so bad in Infinite!!!
EchoLoco2 wrote:
I think it's an understatement to say that 343 freaking nailed the Elites in Halo 2 Anniversary's campaign. I want those Elites back so bad in Infinite!!!
I actually disagree. I appreciate the H2A campaign Elite design just as I appreciate all designs of the Elites, but they look strange to me; the flat faces, short skulls, rough and thorny skin, rounded helmets, etc. I like what they've tried to do, but I much prefer Bungie's designs.
- -
After going back and looking at the Elites in-game I have noticed something about the Elites in Halo 1, 2 and 3 that seems to have been dropped in Reach onward. The Halo 1, 2 and 3 Elites all have this vein pattern on them. I'm not sure what it is. Scales maybe? Some sort of under-armour? Just a pattern on their skin? All I know is that it stopped after Halo 3, which is a shame, because it added to the overall squid-eel-shark feel of the Elites for me.
Halo 2, honor guard elite
I like the design of the halo 2 anniversary and halo reach elites, they look amazing
Hard decision for me to make. I'm going to say H2A but I also want to say the elites of Halo 5.
I like the design of the halo 2 anniversary and halo reach elites, they look amazing
The H2A Sangheili are a little too snake-like for me. I mean, the Elites were always snake-like to some extent, but I feel like H2A took it a little too far. I prefer their more distinct Bungie appearance.
I need to say the Halo 2: Anniversary ones are very spot on. I hope they carry that art style into Halo Infinite, even the Halo Wars 2 ones were good.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
I need to say the Halo 2: Anniversary ones are very spot on. I hope they carry that art style into Halo Infinite, even the Halo Wars 2 ones were good.
The H2A and HW2 Elites are one and the same.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2