Which Grunts look better?

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
We're not judging the Grunts by their overall quality of graphics or extra details, but by their general looks. Imagine if each of these Grunts had the exact same shapes and colouring as they currently have but all within the same updated engine. You'd then be able to fairly compare them. Pay attention to both armour and physiology. We're judging the Elites' appearance based on style rather than graphics.

Examples:
Edit: Not sure why the links are loading tiny images. That's not the sizes they were when I copied them.
I find the Halo Wars Grunt particularly interesting because it looks like they started off with the Halo 1 Grunt as a basis and then took their own artistic liberties from there.
I like both Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 grunt artstyle but overall I would go with Halo 2 grunts because that metal mask version of the grunt didnt look as good as the version that made it to the second game.

Otherwise the similar grunts look better in Halo: Combat Evolved.
I always liked the CE grunt, they looked so cute, then puberty hit.
Halo Reach grunts xD
Gotta go with Halo 2 grunts. They aren't a cute design like in Halo 1 but they are a somewhat believable alien design and not an ugly weird thing like Halo 3, 4 and 5.
I like both Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 grunt artstyle but overall I would go with Halo 2 grunts because that metal mask version of the grunt didnt look as good as the version that made it to the second game.

Otherwise the similar grunts look better in Halo: Combat Evolved.
I always liked the CE grunt, they looked so cute, then puberty hit.
Gotta go with Halo 2 grunts. They aren't a cute design like in Halo 1 but they are a somewhat believable alien design and not an ugly weird thing like Halo 3, 4 and 5.
Interesting. I never realised how popular the classic Unggoy were despite also having voted for them.
Kinda stuck between the Reach and 5 ones. Reach had a lot of cool designs and animations, but 5 did have a grunt have an interesting conversation with an elite so I’m torn about it. I’ll say final answer is reach
The Halo 5 ones looked interesting.
Reach grunts we’re ths best, H3 after that.
Halo Wars, forever
Halo Wars, forever
Definitely underrated.
The white grunt ultras will always be my favorite, but they sucked to fight against during my "Monument to all your sins" achievement run
I liked the grunts style in Reach, the different armor styles that when along with what they did in the Covenant made a lot of since to me. However Halo CE grunts AI will always be my favorite.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
They looked like the Halo 4 ones, but with swollen eyes and different armour colour. Actually, they were more faithful to the concept art the Halo 4 Grunts were based on. I kind of get why you might like them, but they don't look like Grunts to me. They're kind of like tortoises who learned how to stand upright and had their heads stung by hornets. :P I also prefer the classic rebreather pack over the metal pipe stuck up their noses in Halo 4 and 5.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
They looked like the Halo 4 ones, but with swollen eyes and different armour colour. Actually, they were more faithful to the concept art the Halo 4 Grunts were based on. I kind of get why you might like them, but they don't look like Grunts to me. They're kind of like tortoises who learned how to stand upright and had their heads stung by hornets. :P I also prefer the classic rebreather pack over the metal pipe stuck up their noses in Halo 4 and 5.
I'm curious to see what they will do to them in Halo Infinite, maybe they might go back to a more classic design.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
buzzsaw135 wrote:
I'm curious to see what they will do to them in Halo Infinite, maybe they might go back to a more classic design.
Hopefully they don't just use the same design again. They might go for a bit of a hybrid. They definitely should have their mouths covered.
Most are different but I always liked Classic and Reach grunts
I think that in Halo CE the grunt style was more like a cartoon or a little funy design that in Halo 2, in Halo 2 i think that they try to make them a little more badass.

My vote is going to the Halo 2 Grunts
Halo reach grunts.
I think if the Halo 4 and 5 Grunts had the gas masks and cone-shaped backpacks, they'd be my favourite. I like the skin and face better on those ones.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4