OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
glennvans wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks halo 4 and 5 grunts arn't too bad?
They're not terrible. Their changes aren't as drastic as the Elite or Jackal changes in Halo 4, but it's still a pretty big difference. While they maintain their ape-like physiology, the 343i Grunts go for a more tortoise-y body and goblin face as opposed to their classic 'lobster' appearance. If you google pictures of tortoises, you can actually quite clearly see 343i's inspiration. Secondly, people became very familiar with the Grunts' masks. I doubt there are many people who picture a Grunt without its mask when they are being referred to in general. It's a bit jarring to see them with these thick tubes shoved up their noises instead. And finally, I always liked the pointy gas tanks of the classic Halo Trilogy Grunts. Like the masks, it was something that made the Grunts distinct. With all these changes 343i made to the Unggoy, they've ended up feeling a little too unfamiliar.
glennvans wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks halo 4 and 5 grunts arn't too bad?
They're not terrible. Their changes aren't as drastic as the Elite or Jackal changes in Halo 4, but it's still a pretty big difference. While they maintain their ape-like physiology, the 343i Grunts go for a more tortoise-y body and goblin face as opposed to their classic 'lobster' appearance. If you google pictures of tortoises, you can actually quite clearly see 343i's inspiration. Secondly, people became very familiar with the Grunts' masks. I doubt there are many people who picture a Grunt without its mask when they are being referred to in general. It's a bit jarring to see them with these thick tubes shoved up their noises instead. And finally, I always liked the pointy gas tanks of the classic Halo Trilogy Grunts. Like the masks, it was something that made the Grunts distinct. With all these changes 343i made to the Unggoy, they've ended up feeling a little too unfamiliar.
Totally agree on the gas masks. That is the change that has made me the most uncomfortable about their design. I wish with the updated graphics, they would have at least kept that and then I'd think they'd look awesome. The other things arn't a big issue for me. I know everyone complains about the grunts (and elites especially), but actually the jackals were the only ones that really had me SUPER disappointed.
I never liked the grunts from Halo 4 onwards, they look a bit weird for my liking. Reach was the best.
Halo 2 is first, reach second, Halo 3 is third. Rest stink.
Halo 3 ones are classic, but Reach's are great as well.
I would prefer the halo 2 anniversary grunts those are the cutest in my opinion.
H2A
I will always have a soft spot for Reach Grunts, but halo 3 is a very close second
I will definitely go for the Halo Wars Grunts as they look relatively good from a distance and are clearly recognizable.
Halo 2 and Halo 3 grunts were my favorites.
H3 and H2
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4