1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. ...
  8. 24
Halo 5 and sometimes MCC for the fun of it.
Halo 5 and sometimes MCC for the fun of it.
MCC is the way to go
All of them are great to re-play
All of them are great to re-play
MCC especially
halo 3, love the campaign
Its a fun campaign to play, especially co-op
I still frequently play all of the old Halo games on the Xbox 360 and even the original Xbox. I tend to play Halo 3 and Reach because of Firefight, and Halo Reach and Halo 4 because of Forge mode (I make a LOT of maps). And I only play offline system link for multiplayer, so that was what made me fall in love with the Halo franchise to begin with.

Sadly, 343 ruined Halo for me when they moved to the Xbox One and removed System Link and Split Screen.
I still frequently play all of the old Halo games on the Xbox 360 and even the original Xbox. I tend to play Halo 3 and Reach because of Firefight, and Halo Reach and Halo 4 because of Forge mode (I make a LOT of maps). And I only play offline system link for multiplayer, so that was what made me fall in love with the Halo franchise to begin with.

Sadly, 343 ruined Halo for me when they moved to the Xbox One and removed System Link and Split Screen.
Just to make something clear, the lack of system link is Microsoft's fault, not 343. The lack of splitscreen was 343's choice.

Its cool to hear you frequent the originals on their designated consoles as well. I have LAN parties all the time and at least once a month, we'll go back and play Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo Reach via system link
I still play halo reach becouse I think the graphics are realistic and not like halo 5’S power rangers(Spartans). In reach a play firefight a lot becouse it is the only good firefight that is infinate waves. I also thing reach has one of the best forge’s.
The campain is so fun and the right amount of challenge. Unlike halo 2 legendary.......
Do you still play any of the older Halo games? If so, what do you play? Customs, matchmaking, firefight, or campaign? Talk about what you play and what you miss.

I love playing Halo CE and Halo 2 via MCC. I loved that multiplayer experience and can never get enough of it. Reach is a close third. My girlfriend and I like to play Reach at least a few times a week, usually in SWAT or the CE Anniversary playlist to play on the old school maps.
Halo reach will always be my favorite halo
The campain is so fun and the right amount of challenge. Unlike halo 2 legendary.......
Halo 2 on Legendary was incredibly hard but it's that much more rewarding when you do actually beat it
Do you still play any of the older Halo games? If so, what do you play? Customs, matchmaking, firefight, or campaign? Talk about what you play and what you miss.

I love playing Halo CE and Halo 2 via MCC. I loved that multiplayer experience and can never get enough of it. Reach is a close third. My girlfriend and I like to play Reach at least a few times a week, usually in SWAT or the CE Anniversary playlist to play on the old school maps.
Halo reach will always be my favorite halo
Halo Reach has a special place for me. It's not my favorite but it was pretty amazing
I actually went through and did the h3 campaign again not too long ago, and boy it was so much fun, not to mention that I forgot how amazing of a campaign that game had.
I actually went through and did the h3 campaign again not too long ago, and boy it was so much fun, not to mention that I forgot how amazing of a campaign that game had.
Even more so when you go through and play it through on co-op with your friends
Just to make something clear, the lack of system link is Microsoft's fault, not 343.
Which is why I don't own an Xbox One. My son, who is a HUGE Halo fan, saved up money for a long time to purchase his Xbox One so he could play Halo MCC. He was so excited to get it. But that excitement was soon replaced by utter disappointment when he found out MCC has so many major bugs and it doesn't even support offline system link. Like you, we were expecting the Xbox One to be at least as capable as the Xbox 360. It's just sad because the Original Xbox and Xbox 360 were such great consoles. I feel really bad for my son spending all his hard earned money on a console he hardly ever plays. He didn't even buy Halo 5, which was just another big Xbox One disappointment. We still play the old Halos on Xbox 360 and even original Xbox all the time. We decided to buy Call of Duty because at least it had LAN support. But now we find out we can't even play Call of Duty LAN offline. ANOTHER disappointment! The Xbox One has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment after disappointment. He said to me last week, reluctantly, "I should have bought a PS4".

And Microsoft wonders why PS4 is selling so much better than Xbox One. It's their own fault.
Just to make something clear, the lack of system link is Microsoft's fault, not 343.
Which is why I don't own an Xbox One. My son, who is a HUGE Halo fan, saved up money for a long time to purchase his Xbox One so he could play Halo MCC. He was so excited to get it. But that excitement was soon replaced by utter disappointment when he found out MCC has so many major bugs and it doesn't even support offline system link. Like you, we were expecting the Xbox One to be at least as capable as the Xbox 360. It's just sad because the Original Xbox and Xbox 360 were such great consoles. I feel really bad for my son spending all his hard earned money on a console he hardly ever plays. He didn't even buy Halo 5, which was just another big Xbox One disappointment. We still play the old Halos on Xbox 360 and even original Xbox all the time. We decided to buy Call of Duty because at least it had LAN support. But now we find out we can't even play Call of Duty LAN offline. ANOTHER disappointment! The Xbox One has been nothing but disappointment after disappointment after disappointment. He said to me last week, reluctantly, "I should have bought a PS4".

And Microsoft wonders why PS4 is selling so much better than Xbox One. It's their own fault.
All the big software companies are guilty of false advertising because they state that their games can be played "via LAN" when they really can't. The Xbox One version of a "LAN Game" is nothing more than a private custom game lobby. It's a joke. Microsoft got their "always online console." The really bad part is, 90%+ of Xbox One owners don't know any better so it just feeds into everything. The frustration is incredibly annoying.

On a more positive note, the Master Chief Collection is very much playable. I've been playing since early December after hearing that 343 was coming back to work on MCC. Matchmaking works really well as long as you stay away from ranked playlists. I've gone through all the campaigns on Legendary too. It's worth picking up now at the very least
On a more positive note, the Master Chief Collection is very much playable. I've been playing since early December after hearing that 343 was coming back to work on MCC. Matchmaking works really well as long as you stay away from ranked playlists. I've gone through all the campaigns on Legendary too. It's worth picking up now at the very least
Yes, there are parts of MCC that are very playable. Sadly, the thing we were looking forward to most was Halo 2 Forge mode. We have built tons of Forge maps in Halo Reach and Halo 4 (and a couple even in Halo 3) and we play them off line via System Link all the time. Halo 2 forge still has a lot of really bad bugs that are major regressions from Halo 4. They haven't fixed ANY of the Halo 2 Forge mode bugs since MCC was first released, and they actually broke some things with an update.

Some examples off the top of my head:
  1. Respawn points are totally broken. If you create a bunch of respawn points, you're supposed to respawn at a random point each time you respawn. Instead, you always respawn at the same point, regardless of how many you've placed.
  2. You can't save a map to a new file name while offline. This actually worked fine when MCC was first released, but they broke it in an update. This makes saving new versions of maps impossible while offline (which is how we normally play).
  3. Dynamic lighting is totally broken. Halo 4 used to cast dynamic shadows from trees, which was awesome. MCC casts NO shadows from trees (not even static) and the trees are always fully lit even when in the shade. This makes maps with trees look very bad.
  4. Sound effects frequently just stop working. It's very odd when shooting a tank or a gun with no sound at all.
And, to my knowledge, there's no LAN support at all for Halo 2 Forge maps.
It's really just a buggy mess, which is sad because it really has some great new features.
I'm CE all the way
I'm CE all the way
CE all day, every day
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. ...
  8. 24