Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which Halo do you think gets too much hate?

OP AlanDjikkaity

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I’m going to have to say halo 4 nearly all people Iv talked to that has/plays halo didn’t like it or the mechanics of the game I didn’t mind it had lots of fun when I played.
I’m going to have to say halo 4 nearly all people Iv talked to that has/plays halo didn’t like it or the mechanics of the game I didn’t mind it had lots of fun when I played.
Same
Halo 4, definitely. I mean, you got a heartbreaking story, new enemy to fight, great graphics and great sound effects for the guns. It is my 4th favorite, please don't hurt me.
Halo 5, but its for good reason, IMO.
P.S; Love how nobody voted for Halo 3, cheers for the best game.
Halo 4 is my favorite game. But I could tell that it always sustained a lot of hate. Nowadays, everyone hates and critizes everything as something bad (seems to be a new groove in society) but I always enjoy Halo 4 in most of its aspects and for it, get a lot of hate from other people XD
But I dont care, Halo 4 is still my favorite game of all.
Same. I always thought H4 had the best MP and that people were overreacting about the COD-like gameplay
Many stated that it was too COD because of the Sprint, but SPrint was introduced back on Reach.
Besides, one of the things I loved about Halo 4 was Spartan Ops, it was a whole new thing to make your Spartan character part of the Halo universe, not like we are all Noble Six like in Reach, but like we are all our own Spartans in the Halo universe.
The sprint in Reach was different from H4, sure it didn't make much sense that running faster would be an inventory item instead of something like a perk or just a general ability, but making it an inventory item that wasn't available by default is what separated it from what would be the spartan abilities. Sprint was the first spartan ability and that was from H4, not from Reach.
Well, I meant about the very existence of sprint itself. No one said anything until Halo 4, which to me doesn't make much sense.
The addition of Sprint into Halo games (ability or item) has been considered as a COD ripoff, based on personal experience and witnessing. But no one said a word until Halo 4. I think adding it as an ability was good in both gameplay and lore. It didn't seemed right to me that Spartans were not able to pick up the pace
Halo 4, definitely. I mean, you got a heartbreaking story, new enemy to fight, great graphics and great sound effects for the guns. It is my 4th favorite, please don't hurt me.
No hurt at all...in my case Halo 4 is my favorite game
I think H5 doesn’t gets bashed too much, because of the new movements. Sprint I don’t mind, I’ll be happy with or without sprint in Infinite, but I love having a thruster. It makes gunfights interesting. I find it fun. And I noticed H5’s campaign get a lot of hate also. I don’t understand, it’s such a great game.
When Reach first released it got a lot of hate for it's story and new gameplay mechanics. In the later years I had seen less hate but it was still there. I believe every Halo should have it's own spotlight and recognition for something that was done different in the game like the mechanics or maybe some sort of progression system. While there will always be critics for games, I believe you can't straight up just hate on a Halo in its entirety.
Halo 4 is my favorite game. But I could tell that it always sustained a lot of hate. Nowadays, everyone hates and critizes everything as something bad (seems to be a new groove in society) but I always enjoy Halo 4 in most of its aspects and for it, get a lot of hate from other people XD
Same. I always thought H4 had the best MP and that people were overreacting about the COD-like gameplay
Many stated that it was too COD because of the Sprint, but SPrint was introduced back on Reach.
Besides, one of the things I loved about Halo 4 was Spartan Ops, it was a whole new thing to make your Spartan character part of the Halo universe, not like we are all Noble Six like in Reach, but like we are all our own Spartans in the Halo universe.
The sprint in Reach was different from H4, sure it didn't make much sense that running faster would be an inventory item instead of something like a perk or just a general ability, but making it an inventory item that wasn't available by default is what separated it from what would be the spartan abilities. Sprint was the first spartan ability and that was from H4, not from Reach.
Well, I meant about the very existence of sprint itself. No one said anything until Halo 4, which to me doesn't make much sense.
The addition of Sprint into Halo games (ability or item) has been considered as a COD ripoff, based on personal experience and witnessing. But no one said a word until Halo 4. I think adding it as an ability was good in both gameplay and lore. It didn't seemed right to me that Spartans were not able to pick up the pace
That is because the way it was added into H4 was completely different then the way t was implemented in Reach. It no longer became an item as much as it became something you could do. Also you could argue that scope was the ADS it is now that every weapon was scoped, but the general consensus is that we didn't need every weapon to have a scope/ADS feature and everyone didn't need to have a sprint unless that was their choice for ability.

Reach did have sprint in it but H4 added sprint in the same way CoD used it. Halo had scoped weapons ever since the beginning but H4 put ADS on all weapons. If it looks like a fish and smells like a fish, it's a CoD.
I think H5 doesn’t gets bashed too much, because of the new movements. Sprint I don’t mind, I’ll be happy with or without sprint in Infinite, but I love having a thruster. It makes gunfights interesting. I find it fun. And I noticed H5’s campaign get a lot of hate also. I don’t understand, it’s such a great game.
Personally, I never really liked to story but hey, it’s just an opinion, something a lot of Halo fans don’t know about
Why is Halo Wars not an option? Every Halo fan.I know complains about it. Personally I love it.
Why is Halo Wars not an option? Every Halo fan.I know complains about it. Personally I love it.
I ran out of options while making the post. I’m not into RTS games, but it’s OK IMO
Personally, I think H5 gets the most hate.
  1. False advertising for the Campaign
  2. New movements
  3. Removal of split screen
  4. Lack of content during release
I ran out of options while making the post. I’m not into RTS games, but it’s OK IMO
That makes more sense. I know it isn't everybody's favorite since most Halo fans play mostly just FPS's, but I hear so many people hate on it.
Honestly it would have to be Halo 5 in my opinion. As I understand the point about the campaign but when it comes to multiplayer, forge, and customs I feel like 343i did an outstanding job. Could customizations have been done better? Yes, definitely. Could there be some work within the Halo 5 servers? Yes, of course. But is it a bad Halo game? No.
That is because the way it was added into H4 was completely different then the way t was implemented in Reach. It no longer became an item as much as it became something you could do. Also you could argue that scope was the ADS it is now that every weapon was scoped, but the general consensus is that we didn't need every weapon to have a scope/ADS feature and everyone didn't need to have a sprint unless that was their choice for ability.

Reach did have sprint in it but H4 added sprint in the same way CoD used it. Halo had scoped weapons ever since the beginning but H4 put ADS on all weapons. If it looks like a fish and smells like a fish, it's a CoD.
Well now. It would appear that you hate H4 with all your being.

Well now. It would appear that you hate H4 with all your being.
There is something worse than Call of Halo, it is called Halo 5 Requisition.
I'd say Halo 4. Sure, it doesn't get as much hate nowadays because Halo 5 is the focus now and the dust has settled. But at least before Halo 5 came out the level of hate I saw for halo 4 was definitely greater than 5. And while I didn't think Halo 4 was amazing, I definitely think it got too much hate, everything considered. As I personally did enjoy the game while it lasted.
I'd say Halo 4. Sure, it doesn't get as much hate nowadays because Halo 5 is the focus now and the dust has settled. But at least before Halo 5 came out the level of hate I saw for halo 4 was definitely greater than 5. And while I didn't think Halo 4 was amazing, I definitely think it got too much hate, everything considered. As I personally did enjoy the game while it lasted.
I didn’t play it as much back then, as I was about 7 back then, but I enjoy playing it now
I think Halo 4 gets a bit to much. Ya halo 4 made some dumb choices and the multiplayer was kinda meh, but the story was pretty good imo. I think it followed up the story from halo 3, and it set the story up to halo 5 perfectly. Unfortunately halo 5 didnt deliver on the follow up so that kind of was a bummer
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5