Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which Halo game had the best Soundtrack?

OP The Projucer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8
Impossibru. They are all the best. Except maybe Halo 4, but only because it was the first non Bungie Halo game.
But it was still composed by Martin O'Donnell. Not going to say your opinion is wrong (Wouldn't be right for me to do so) but, just because Halo 4 was 343(including existing members of bungie) and not solely bungie does not mean it's bad. But that's none of my business. :)
While I really do cherish Reach's Winter Contingency and ONI Sword Base, So Reach for me..
I like all of them except for halo 4
Halo 3, by far. It's a shame Martin is no longer part of the team.
Got to love Steve Vai's guitars in Halo 2.
Impossibru. They are all the best. Except maybe Halo 4, but only because it was the first non Bungie Halo game.
But it was still composed by Martin O'Donnell. Not going to say your opinion is wrong (Wouldn't be right for me to do so) but, just because Halo 4 was 343(including existing members of bungie) and not solely bungie does not mean it's bad. But that's none of my business. :)
No it wasn't. It was composed primarily by Neil Davidge, with a couple songs from Kazuma Jinnouchi.
I voted ODST in the poll, but Halo Wars will always be my favorite OST.
Halo 3 or Halo Reach, Halo 3 because of the new refreshed nostalgic feeling of it, and Halo Reach because of the first opening cenematic when opening the game for the first time.
No it wasn't. It was composed primarily by Neil Davidge, with a couple songs from Kazuma Jinnouchi.
-Yoink-, I definitely read that wrong. I was very tired when I wrote this. None the less I admit to my wrong statement.
Like all Halo OST except Halo 5.
Halo 4 had only few good tracks:
- Arrival
- Arrival (Norin & Rad Remix)
- Green and Blue (Koan Sound Remix)
- Halo 4 Remix - Main Theme To Galaxy (Orchestra Version) by Plasma3Music & Pl511 ---> Only on Youtube (Better than the original!)
Except for the first 2 non of those popped up in the game.
Music makes a lot to the game and the Halo feeling also vanished a good bit with the change of the composer Martin O'Donnell.
Besides did anyone notice that the music in Halo 4 was hardly present? Even in the last level before you reach the Didact the music was so quiet
(And that track "Arrival" is one of my favorites in Halo 4. So epic). But put into the background so much and that really annoyed me.
Thinking about Halo 5 there is no track that gave me a special feeling saying "Wow!". No track giving me goosebumps or so.
I mean in Halo 5 they got the music out of the background and made it more present... but therefore has no impressive tracks.
Halo 1-3 was always cool to listen with it's memorizing music. ODST, Wars and Reach had their own cool music style and which simply fitted perfectly into the Halo world.
343... please just get back Martin O'Donell would you?
Like all Halo OST except Halo 5.
Halo 4 had only few good tracks:
- Arrival
- Arrival (Norin & Rad Remix)
- Green and Blue (Koan Sound Remix)- Halo 4 Remix - Main Theme To Galaxy (Orchestra Version) by Plasma3Music & Pl511 ---> Only on Youtube (Better than the original!)Except for the first 2 non of those popped up in the game.
Music makes a lot to the game and the Halo feeling also vanished a good bit with the change of the composer Martin O'Donnell.
Besides did anyone notice that the music in Halo 4 was hardly present? Even in the last level before you reach the Didact the music was so quiet
(And that track "Arrival" is one of my favorites in Halo 4. So epic). But put into the background so much and that really annoyed me.
Thinking about Halo 5 there is no track that gave me a special feeling saying "Wow!". No track giving me goosebumps or so.
I mean in Halo 5 they got the music out of the background and made it more present... but therefore has no impressive tracks.
Halo 1-3 was always cool to listen with it's memorizing music. ODST, Wars and Reach had their own cool music style and which simply fitted perfectly into the Halo world.
343... please just get back Martin O'Donell would you?
Halo 4 had more than a few good tracks imo. To name some of my favorites (Aside from 117 and Arrival, which you already mentioned): Awakening, Requiem, Legacy, Nemesis, Green and Blue, Atonement, Never Forget (Midnight Version), Mantis. The music doesn't sound like "Halo", but that doesn't necessarily make it bad. While it can definitely be argued that Davidge should have tried to incorporate a few classic themes into the soundtrack (Halo 5 did a better job of this), I still think that much of the new music works really well with the story and setting.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you about the music hardly being present, since it was a key part of why certain moments worked so well in the campaign. Requiem enhances the sense of wonder felt after you step out of the cave and take in the beautiful skybox and scenery of this new alien world. Immaterial makes you feel powerless as you watch the scientists on Ivanoff Station be horrifically composed. 117 urges you forward as you pilot the broadsword through the perilous trenches of the Didact's ship. Green and Blue evokes various emotions as you say goodbye to Cortana. Those are just a few examples. The music was very much at the forefront of the experience, just as it always is in Halo games.
Rethinking it I could admit what you are saying about Halo 4. But if I remember then the soundtrack was too "backgrounded" which killed a lot of emotion. Not because my TV was too quiet ; ) . I mean If you compare with ODST REACH and Halo 2 you have so many intense moments where the music just blasts you away (not kinda hiding in the background).
It's not very easy for me to explain something in English. Excuse me, I am no native speaker ^^'
I guess 343 should add an option where the player himself is able too change the music settings.
And yes, classic themes are totally missing. Some more of in Halo 5 but still not enough.
But that is what you'll always be having. People who like the old and familiar and people who want something totally new : )
I am actually going to change my choice to Halo Reach, I just can't forget how they played the perfect sad tunes after the deaths of noble team. And the opening of the game, Jesus, that music was such a great pump to get you ready for what you were about to play.
I absolutely LOVE Halo 3 ODST's soundtrack to death. It's just so nice! I don't know what it is about it, but if I could pick a second, than it would be halo 2... Or 3.... I think I just like Martin O'Donnell :P
Halo 3 followed closely by Halo 2

Halo 3 just had such memorable tracks like Out of Shadow, Black Tower, 3 Gates, Behold a Pale Horse, Halo Reborn, Roll Call that captured me on a whole different level.

Halo 2 favorites - MJOLNIR Remix, Heretic, Hero, Impend, In Amber Clad, Delta Halo Suite, High Charity Suite
I liked halo 4 and reach because it was different but I have to go with halo 3
Halo 2 was my favorite soundtrack. that one piece of music in the gravemind mission where you are fighting in the mausoleum of the Arbiter. CE is a close second due to nostalgia.
I would say halo 2 or halo 3
Halo 4. ODST is the only one that bugged me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8