Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which halo game should you start on(if your new)

OP lordsheep13

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Picture this, you are thinking of showing someone how great halo is but theirs one problem, you have no idea what game you should show them first. what would you choose?
Uhhhh obviously CE! It'll help new players get used to the Halo universe in the right way! And if they're whinny graphics complainers then get the Master Chief collection so you can have the remastered CE and 2 along with 3 and 4 (and 3 ODST with a $5 DLC) all with 60 FPS. Maybe you should show them Halo 3's multiplayer first to get them hooked and then tell them "well you gotta start on Combat Evolved and work your way up bud. There's no other way." Starting them off with Halo 4 and 5 will give them a really bad/wrong impression on the franchise so it's important that we start at the very beginning. There's also the story to consider and if they start on the newer games they'd be like "what the heck is going on?" Trust me CE is the best starting point.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
Uhhhh obviously CE! It'll help new players get used to the Halo universe in the right way! And if they're whinny graphics complainers then get the Master Chief collection so you can have the remastered CE and 2 along with 3 and 4 (and 3 ODST with a $5 DLC) all with 60 FPS. Maybe you should show them Halo 3's multiplayer first to get them hooked and then tell them "well you gotta start on Combat Evolved and work your way up bud. There's no other way." Starting them off with Halo 4 and 5 will give them a really bad/wrong impression on the franchise so it's important that we start at the very beginning. There's also the story to consider and if they start on the newer games they'd be like "what the heck is going on?" Trust me CE is the best starting point.
not necessarily, i tried to get my cousin to play halo instead of cod and the moment he heard there was no sprint, he just quit and said it was crap. but not a bad choice
From the beginning really, not everyone likes Halo as not everyone likes every game but it makes sense in a way they could see the changes Halo has gone through and its pretty much the purest Halo experience.
Halo: Combat Evolved
For me it's Halo Wars. Why ? It's basically the start of it all, then I work on through the events in Chronological order.
They should be played in the order they were released.
-Halo CE
-Halo 2
-Halo 3
-Halo 3 ODST
-Halo Reach
-Halo 4
-Halo 5

Once that's done, circle back and play Halo Wars, Spartan Assault, Spartan Strike, and Halo Wars 2
if I were to suggest it to some one obsessed with game uuniverse's and lore I start with halo wars and play in chronological order but if it's to some one who generally likes story but also prefers fps style gameplay I'd start them with halo ce and play each based on release except put odst before halo 3. the story behind odst (besides find your team) was basically "oh I wonder what the covenant are looking for under the city" but we've all played halo 3 by then.
I think that if they are new then they should start out with either Reach or Combat Evolved.
I always found it fun to play in cronological order
I have to go with CE but for multiplayer Reach.
Who the hell voted for Halo 5? That's like saying that the first Star Wars movie you should watch is The Last Jedi. I'd like to hear their reasoning for it.
Halo CE, I remember my dad buying me the game at Blockbuster. Good times. It would be a sin not to start with CE.
CE seems like the best answer honestly. Then in order of release til you get to reach. After that maybe show them halo 5s multiplayer but tell them that there is no halo 5 campaign
vulture111 wrote:
CE seems like the best answer honestly. Then in order of release til you get to reach. After that maybe show them halo 5s multiplayer but tell them that there is no halo 5 campaign
deceptive...i like it
anyone but 5
How could you start with anything but CE. Everything would just be "who is that?" or "why is he a big deal?"
If your going to start somewhere, it should be the beginning. Plus so you could understand the story better.
CE hands down. IMO Reach is played better as a prequel instead of a first time halo game
You can start with either CE or Reach IMO.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2