Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which Halo had the best art style?

OP RunWithSpoons

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Personally I completely despise Halo 5's art style. The armor looks incredibly cheap and plastic; I swear I could break it apart with my bare hands. The spartans look like power rangers running around the map. The colors are way too bright; you can't even tell what armors people are wearing. It's complete trash.

Now, in order to improve the art style for Halo 6, I'm wondering what the consensus is among the community as to what the best art style has been in the past. What do you think?
I'm a big fan of how the Halo Wars 2 cinematics are looking. The armor, the characters, the marines, the weapons... they all look and feel like classic Halo, and it gave me goosebumps when I saw it. But it's also much darker and grittier, reminding me of Reach, an art style I also loved.
I'd have to pick between Halo Ce and Halo Reach.
"Why Halo Ce?"
It's important to be able to distinguish art style from graphical quality.
Ce had the most ancient looking Forerunner structures, while Halo 3 took it a tad more advanced looking.
Ce wasn't too colorful but not super washed out either. Good balance.
Reach had the best armor, good looking weapons, and pretty good looking environments as well.
Halo 3 has been my favorite. There wasn't much revisiting the same locations like in halo ce.
I would say CE. The environments gave off the best vibes.
Halo 3.
HR & H3
Can I say Halo 2 Anniversary?
I actually really liked the battle rusted look of Reach. Good Job Reach
Halo 3 ODST. I don't even need to think about this choice.
I like Halo CE, Halo 3, Halo Reach (Recon helmet), and Halo 4's art styles.
Halo wars also looked amazing, too. I can't wait for the sequel.
Yes, H4 had some good parts to it. The Didact looked awesome, knights were cool too, and the EOD armor looked good.
Personally I completely despise Halo 5's art style. The armor looks incredibly cheap and plastic; I swear I could break it apart with my bare hands. The spartans look like power rangers running around the map. The colors are way too bright; you can't even tell what armors people are wearing. It's complete trash.

Now, in order to improve the art style for Halo 6, I'm wondering what the consensus is among the community as to what the best art style has been in the past. What do you think?
I'm a big fan of how the Halo Wars 2 cinematics are looking. The armor, the characters, the marines, the weapons... they all look and feel like classic Halo, and it gave me goosebumps when I saw it. But it's also much darker and grittier, reminding me of Reach, an art style I also loved.
I'm surprised you didn't have the H5 beta, which is very different from the H5 we recieved.
Halo 3 and Reach
Halo CE. It had an amazing alien look to it.
I really liked the look of Reach. Weathered, and mean.
3 Was amazing in most parts but it is just beaten by the dark looking art style of Reach man....
3 Was amazing in most parts but it is just beaten by the dark looking art style of Reach man....
Agreed
Sure, It's your opinion. I personally think they made it look like plastic, it's like Halo 5. I think they changed it so Halo 5 wouldn't look so fake.
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
Sure, It's your opinion. I personally think they made it look like plastic, it's like Halo 5. I think they changed it so Halo 5 wouldn't look so fake.
I thought H2A's multiplayer looked like plastic. The campaign was pretty good looking though, which is why I asked.
Ravenpaw14 wrote:
I thought H2A's multiplayer looked like plastic. The campaign was pretty good looking though, which is why I asked.
Ah. That looked like halo, that makes sense.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3