Which halo has the best OST?

OP SalmonSpoon2125

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Which halo in your opinion has the best OST?
This is my personal leaderboard
1) Halo ce
2) Halo Reach
3) Halo 3 ODST
4) Halo 3
5) Halo wars
6) Halo 2
7) Halo 4
8) Halo 5
Halo 3 ODST had an incredible soundtrack, gets a vote from me.
Halo 3/Halo 3 ODST. Absolutely.

Who hasn't had a rough day at work, gone home and played ODST Streets of Mombasa... JUST to hear the music.
OMG I could not even BEGIN to choose for this one. They are all so fantastic.

I know for sure judging the entire OST's as a whole, my answer would not be H4 or H5, but even from those there are tracks that I like. (117, The Trial, etc.)
I love Halo CE’s OST, Covenant Dance is my personal favorite and I wish it was remixed on future OSTs. But all of the OSTs from Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori are amazing.
H3 all the way. Love the grandiose finality of these soundtracks. Still listen to Finish the Fight on the way to work at least once a week.
I love Halo CE’s OST, Covenant Dance is my personal favorite and I wish it was remixed on future OSTs. But all of the OSTs from Martin O’Donnell and Michael Salvatori are amazing.
Covenant dance has always been one of my all time favorites along with the rest of CE's ost. Halo 2 has some really awesome stuff though. Peril, Impend, high charity suite and mombassa suite, the last Spartan and unforgotten are all fantastic. Halo 3's finish the fight and behold a pale horse are also top notch the only reach song I really dig is overture. And of course everyone knows halo 3 odst's rain. Some good stuff.
Which halo in your opinion has the best OST?
This is my personal leaderboard
1) Halo ce
2) Halo Reach
3) Halo 3 ODST
4) Halo 3
5) Halo wars
6) Halo 2
7) Halo 4
8) Halo 5
Halo 2
Halo 2
Halo 2 gets my vote.
xAlchemist wrote:

Who hasn't had a rough day at work, gone home and played ODST Streets of Mombasa... JUST to hear the music.
My favorite song in halo 3 odst is "asphalt and ablution"
xAlchemist wrote:

Nice one! Deference to Darkness is for me.
CE if for no other reason than it having Under Cover of Night. It's still one of my favourite songs from a game 18 years later.
xAlchemist wrote:

100% great sound track both H3 and H3 ODST
CE if for no other reason than it having Under Cover of Night. It's still one of my favourite songs from a game 18 years later.
I agree. Under cover of night is my favourite song in halo ce. I also love covenant dance
xAlchemist wrote:
xAlchemist wrote:

Nice one! Deference to Darkness is for me.
Overture for me, love the sax and strings!
Halo Ce, 2, 3, Odst, Reach, and Wars. 1 & 2. 4 and 5 I guess.
Very difficult to choose my best. Feel like there are tiers:

Tier 0 (perfection):
H: CE
ODST

Tier 1 (standalone masterpieces, difficult to find weak links but hit their highest notes with references elsewhere):
H2
H3
Reach
Halo Wars

Tier 2 (solid entries with some great tracks but not quite as good as other entries and have some weak links):
Halo 4 (midnight is perfection, but much of the rest of it is very forgettable)
Halo Wars 2

Tier 3 (mis-steps)
Halo 5
I'd vote Halo CE for nostalgia, but I think we can all agree that Halo 2 had the best soundtrack.
ODST. Is this even a competition?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5