Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which Halo is Most Overrated in Your Opinion???

OP TRITONK175

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7

Which Halo is Most Overrated in Your Opinion???

Make Your Selection:

Simply answer the question and put your reasons why For me, it's Halo 1 and Halo 2;

. Halo 1 cause the second half of the campaign (from the Library to the end of the game) isn't a patch on the first half and it doesn't have the same flow and 'feel' of it's successors. It's a significantly slower paced game than the others.

. Halo 2 cause A LOT of the level design is a bit messy, the Brutes are WAY too OP and the whole campaign has that 'should of had another year of development time' feel to it. I DO know about it's troubled development, just a shame that it shows.

What about you guys???

Note that this is all just my opinion, and frankly if you are unable to respect it I'm reporting you.
None of them. Both arent really overrated.
I won't disagree with anything you said about 1 & 2, but personally I'm tired of hearing how Halo 3 was The Answer To All Things, especially from a multiplayer standpoint. Most over-rated Halo: Halo 3.
None of them.
Really??? Not even one???
TRITONK175 wrote:
None of them.
All I saw was Halo CE and Halo 2 when you posted. No joke.
TRITONK175 wrote:
None of them.
All I saw was Halo CE and Halo 2 when you posted. No joke.
Yeah, still getting used to the new method of creating polls.
I won't disagree with anything you said about 1 & 2, but personally I'm tired of hearing how Halo 3 was The Answer To All Things, especially from a multiplayer standpoint. Most over-rated Halo: Halo 3.
Definitely. Halo 3 was a brilliant game, but fans are driven by nostalgia.
Halo 3 was the first Halo game for a lot of todays players.
I don't disagree that H3 is hugely overrated, and as you know, it's my least favorite of the bunch. Aiming is weird, the tone and pacing sucked, the mechanics were annoying, and everyone treats it like it's yoinking flawless. In my opinion, the best parts about the whole thing were the fire weapons, and I almost never got to use them.
H2... H2 was so hyped that I guess I couldn't help but feel disappointed. I liked it, sure, but all the really cool or original aspects are never revisited in later installments, making it feel a little out of place. Besides, it falls flat at several points where it seems to just say 'because game.' Great game; not near what the hype will have you believe.
H3, with an honorable mention to H2.
I guess Halo 3, my least favorite in MP and seemed to overhyped. Forge is nice, but the game was a one gun game. You needed a BR to have fun in the game.
My thoughts are the same. I mean I enjoyed playing it, but it's definitely bottom of my list for Halo games, never been a huge fan of the campaign or the multiplayer
stckrboy wrote:
My thoughts are the same. I mean I enjoyed playing it, but it's definitely bottom of my list for Halo games, never been a huge fan of the campaign or the multiplayer
Wow, stckrboy agrees!
It's nice to see I'm not alone in this regard. I've played the campaign through twice, and it's always just felt off to me- especially when everyone else seems to praise it to the heavens. That, and I never could figure out the multiplayer.
Halo CE is overrated to me. I understand that it revolutionized the FPS genre, but as far as Halo games go, to me it doesn't stand up to 2 or 3. Not saying CE was bad, of course not. But I look at how much Halo 2 and 3 improved on the formula began in CE, I can't help but wonder why some people call CE the best Halo game.
stckrboy wrote:
HERESY!!!
Halo 5, easily.

It plays nothing like a Halo game, yet gets praised constantly for it. Halo 4 is a worse Halo game, in my eyes. But at least it gets a lot of hate.
As much as I enjoy Halo 3, I never felt it was very new-player friendly. I remember going into halo 3 never playing a shooter before and getting destroyed, now that I think about it, I probably never even get a kill.
Halo 5 definitely. Everyone acts like Halo 5's MP is the best multiplayer of all time, but compared to past halos and other games on the market these days it's just decent at best.
None of them are overated
JV11077 wrote:
Halo 5 definitely. Everyone acts like Halo 5's MP is the best multiplayer of all time, but compared to past halos and other games on the market these days it's just decent at best.
Actually most people hate halo 5s multiplayer
JV11077 wrote:
Actually most people hate halo 5s multiplayer
Really? Cause it seems like here on waypoint and /r/Halo everyone loves the MP.
Willko wrote:
Halo 5, easily.

It plays nothing like a Halo game, yet gets praised constantly for it. Halo 4 is a worse Halo game, in my eyes. But at least it gets a lot of hate.
Halo 4 is WAY more Halo to me than Halo 5;
. Halo 4 took a few elements from COD.
. Halo 5 just flat out plays IDENTICALLY to COD: Advanced Warfare.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7