Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which Halo is Most Overrated in Your Opinion???

OP TRITONK175

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
JV11077 wrote:
Halo 5 definitely. Everyone acts like Halo 5's MP is the best multiplayer of all time, but compared to past halos and other games on the market these days it's just decent at best.
Plus the REQ system...
TRITONK175 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:
Halo 5 definitely. Everyone acts like Halo 5's MP is the best multiplayer of all time, but compared to past halos and other games on the market these days it's just decent at best.
Plus the REQ system...
Yeah. The req system is pretty awful. Who thought it was a good idea to lock all customization behind RNG packs? Seriously. The req systems really waters down Halo 5 IMO. I really hope it's gone or changed completely in Halo 6.
I would say Halo 5 however none are overrated at least to me.
Going with the time to time Halo 5
Chimera30 wrote:
Halo CE is overrated to me. I understand that it revolutionized the FPS genre, but as far as Halo games go, to me it doesn't stand up to 2 or 3. Not saying CE was bad, of course not. But I look at how much Halo 2 and 3 improved on the formula began in CE, I can't help but wonder why some people call CE the best Halo game.
I agree with you there. Like it was great and was my first experience with Halo, but after more games came out, there was certainly improvements made in 2 & 3, and yet some people swear that CE is the best one.
JV11077 wrote:
That's definitely an exaggeration. Have you seen the Sprint thread? Plenty of people dislike Halo 5's multiplayer.
Chimera30 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:
That's definitely an exaggeration. Have you seen the Sprint thread? Plenty of people dislike Halo 5's multiplayer.
I haven't seen the sprint thread yet but I've definitely heard about it. Like I said in another response, to me it seems like Halo 5 gets a lot of praise for it's MP here on waypoint and on /r/Halo over on reddit. I've seen a lot of comments about how Halo 5 has the MP/Gameplay in the series and such.
JV11077 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:
I haven't seen the sprint thread yet but I've definitely heard about it. Like I said in another response, to me it seems like Halo 5 gets a lot of praise for it's MP here on waypoint and on /r/Halo over on reddit. I've seen a lot of comments about how Halo 5 has the MP/Gameplay in the series and such.
Yeah, that's probably just tunnel vision. If you really look, you'll find plenty of complaints about Spartan abilities, about Warzone, about Arena being too competitive/not competitive enough, etc. It's all out there.
Halo 3
Halo 3 was overrated? I find that hard to wrap my head around. It got well-deserved praise.

I'll go with Reach or Halo 4. Reach was a lovely experience, but I didn't love it nearly as much as others. Halo 4 wasn't nearly as good as Reach, but many may agree with me there (unlike how I feel about Reach).
Chimera30 wrote:
Halo CE is overrated to me. I understand that it revolutionized the FPS genre, but as far as Halo games go, to me it doesn't stand up to 2 or 3. Not saying CE was bad, of course not. But I look at how much Halo 2 and 3 improved on the formula began in CE, I can't help but wonder why some people call CE the best Halo game.
I couldn't agree more. It no doubt made a huge impact on everybody, however it has nothing on newer Halo titles which have much better replayability.

So I would have to say Halo CE is probably the most overrated in the series. I think Reach is probably the most underrated of them all, if all the online hate it anything to go by. That may be because of my bias toward Reach though hah.
I won't disagree with anything you said about 1 & 2, but personally I'm tired of hearing how Halo 3 was The Answer To All Things, especially from a multiplayer standpoint. Most over-rated Halo: Halo 3.
Agreed 100%.
Definitely Halo 3!
Never realised how many people aren't Halo 3 fans.
TRITONK175 wrote:
Just because they think it's overrated doesn't necessarily mean they dislike it.
TRITONK175 wrote:
I'm not saying that I didn't play it addictively for three years. I'm just saying that I don't see how anyone can look back at that flawed game and see any kind of high-water mark for the franchise. Fun? Yes. Perfect? Far from it.
Halo 5
TRITONK175 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Halo 5, easily.

It plays nothing like a Halo game, yet gets praised constantly for it. Halo 4 is a worse Halo game, in my eyes. But at least it gets a lot of hate.
Halo 4 is WAY more Halo to me than Halo 5;
. Halo 4 took a few elements from COD.
. Halo 5 just flat out plays IDENTICALLY to COD: Advanced Warfare.
No it doesn't I've played both them.
HALO 5 is underrated. HALO 3 is over rated.
Willko wrote:
Halo 5, easily.

It plays nothing like a Halo game, yet gets praised constantly for it. Halo 4 is a worse Halo game, in my eyes. But at least it gets a lot of hate.
HALO 5 multiplayer is different then older games but is it bad? the campaign was lame but the new mechanics were trying to make it stand out thrusting helps a lot in campaign staying alive. The health system is good. I see a lot of hate for HALO 5 but the multiplayer is fun. (R.I.P BREAKOUT)
Willko wrote:
Halo 5, easily.

HALO 5 multiplayer is different then older games but is it bad? the campaign was lame but the new mechanics were trying to make it stand out thrusting helps a lot in campaign staying alive. The health system is good. I see a lot of hate for HALO 5 but the multiplayer is fun. (R.I.P BREAKOUT)
Halo 5's multiplayer would be good if it was a part of some new franchise instead of trying to be a Halo game. Since they missed the mark of the Halo franchise so badly, then yes, I would call it bad overall. It's not enjoyable for me to play. When I put a disk in my Xbox that says "Halo", I expect to be treated to a Halo experience. Halo 5 does not provide that. That's why I haven't played it since November 2015 and never will again unless they add some classic playlists or something. Matchmaking offers absolutely nothing to me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7