Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which Halo is Most Overrated in Your Opinion???

OP TRITONK175

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7
Jack 0O1 wrote:
This is a good question. I would say Halo 2. Halo 1 was revolutionary in its own right because it was the introduction - it was the first to break ground on the Xbox FPS console genre. Halo 2 did a lot of revolutionary things too, but it just didn't feel as complete - not as polished. That's probably mainly because it was actually pushing the limits of the OG Xbox. It did have Xbox Live for the first time, but again - not polished. Even the campaign felt hectic, always jumping around.. I liked it from a story stand-point and what they tried to do with it by giving you the opportunity to play both sides, but I honestly had to play through the campaign about 5 times before I actually understood everything.

I know Halo 3 is winning the 'most over-rated' award right now, but sometimes a game is so highly regarded by the community just because it was actually that good for that time period. Halo 3 did everything it wanted really, really well - both the Campaign and Multiplayer were equally amazing. And the Easter eggs! That game was extremely polished and things just worked - and the things that didn't work were fun as hell to play with (the physics engine was like an Easter egg in itself). I honestly don't think Halo 3 is over-rated.. You had to be there during the time period when it was the most relevant game in existence - it had great expectations to meet by the fans, and it ended up exceeding them. That was the game that broke the mold.
Halo 3 holds up better than many current FPS games in my opinion.
TRITONK175 wrote:
TRITONK175 wrote:
EmiDidact wrote:
The hype for Halo 5 was just taken too far in my opinion, it became overrated with all the marketing of Chief vs. Locke and stuff.

But I actually liked Halo 3 so I wouldn't think it was overrated.
---
Halo 4 is my favourite Halo.
Halo 4's campaign is so much better than Halo 5 that I pretty much consider it to be on par with the originals.
I didn't play a lot of H4 multiplayer though.
Halo 4 DEFINITELY has the 'feel' of a Halo campaign more than 5's. Not to mention more mission variety, less restrictive level design, a MUCH better narrative and it's the best looking game on Xbox 360 in my opinion.

I really liked it's multiplayer. I liked how it was faster and a bit more ferocious than the previous games (plus killing real people with the Mantis is SIGNIFICANTLY more satisfying than killing AI) and the map design was top class across the board, but for my money Halo 3 still has the best multiplayer of the series, although Halo 2: Anniversary's comes REALLY close.
Halo 3

I enjoyed it but it wasn't the God sent I believe most would say it is. Never really was a much MPLAYER game type of guy unless it was with the original Star Craft and RTS of that Era. Not to say I didn't dabble in the FPS arena with H2 and H3. I wasn't as responsive or accurate enough to even be able to play in the online setting. Coming of split screen and link cables into that chaos was daunting so much so it took me some time for me to get used to it. I strayed away from Halo after that always kept up with the newest games because of the Lore. I disliked Halo 4's campaign but did like the armor and how I would wear it as a badge of achievement. The Halo 5 was released and MCC the servers closed down not a big deal I had all the Halo I could handle. MCC was riddled with this horrible load time and would just drop me from the mission ( It still does that today ) and H5's ranking system was all kinds of screwed up I didn't understand the req system. That was then, now it's different, so much hate towards H5 it blows my mind, it's fun, it keeps the franchise going. The only way I feel that could make a Halo game not feel like a Halo game is if the took out the Covenant.
TRITONK175 wrote:
Jack 0O1 wrote:
I agree completely. It's not overrated; it's just that good.
Jack 0O1 wrote:
TRITONK175 wrote:
Jack 0O1 wrote:
I agree completely. It's not overrated; it's just that good.
It was my very first Halo too.
am i the only one who doesn't know what overrated means? XD
If you think something is overrated, you don't think it's as good as everyone does. Underrated if you're interested means the opposite.
I love all halo games besides Reach.

Reach wasn't fun at all.
Halo 5 would be overrated for me....it could be better if more effort was put into it, plus they took away 12 man fireteams.
Vote goes to Halo 3. The campaign did not do it for me. It had some great moments, but it had some flaws.
Halo 5s false and misleading advertising that was EPIC AND LOOKED LIKE THE BEST GAME OF THE CENTURYYYYYYYYY
...343 why
ODST...it was okay.
Reach hands down. Most boring halo ever.
Halo 5s false and misleading advertising that was EPIC AND LOOKED LIKE THE BEST GAME OF THE CENTURYYYYYYYYY
...343 why
I wouldn't say 'game of the century', but it definitely looked like the killer game the Xbox ONE needed.
Overhyped
I get pretty annoyed by the Reach fan boys sometimes.
I love all halo games besides Reach.

Reach wasn't fun at all.
You prefer Halo 5 to Reach???
ODST is way over rated.. that game sucked big time.. being a halo fan, i was very
Disappointed in ODST...
Most Overrated Halo: Halo 3

Most Underrated Halo: Halo Reach

I HATE how everyone says Halo 3 was the “best halo ever”, when it was not. Nostalgia is just getting the better of theme . Halo Reach was made around the same time and is a MUCH better game.
Halo 3 is my absolute, hands down, favorite... but I will admit that it is overrated. It's still amazing, but definitely gets a lot more praise than it should. The campaign is very easy compared to its predecessors and some of the sound design for certain weapons seems off (the assault rifle sounds like a toy gun instead of a true machine gun).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. ...
  8. 7