Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which Halo is Most Overrated in Your Opinion???

OP TRITONK175

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
Gonna go with Reach. As a BTB guy and Warthog driver from Halo 3, I detested what they did to vehicular gameplay in Reach.
I picked Reach as the most overrated. I had Halo 3 in a close second because we all know how Halo 3 has been talked about as the unofficial best Halo game by most people, but I've found it to live up to the hype more than Reach. Before I go on, I should mention that this absolutely does not mean I hate either of these games. In fact, both are in my top 10 favorite games of all time (Being the Halo nerd that I am :) ). But I hear a lot of people saying the same things about Reach that people say about H3, and I've personally found Halo 3 to live up to the hype more than Reach, leaving Reach as the most overrated.
I'd say Halo 1. I've seen some in the comments say Halo 3 because of nostalgia but thats exactly what I think about the people hyping up Halo 1.
Don't get me wrong, its a great game, was the start of one of the best shooter game franchises, and many of its missions are genuinely interesting but the game overall doesn't hold up against its successors in my view. And thats okay, as thats what installments after the original SHOULD be doing. But because its the original and many people have fond memories attached to it I think it tends to get a bit overrated.

On a side note, I kinda think Halo Reach customization is overrated. Sure, is it one of the better Halos for armor customization? Most definitely. And I understand it just fits most peoples itch for something 'gritty' looking. Add that on top of using that look not only in multiplayer but campaign as well.
The reason I think its overrated though is people seem to forget about the amazing customization Halo 4 had as well! I can understand why though, as most people are of the opinion that it has the worst multiplayer of any Halo game (which I personally do not agree with).
The Halo 5 multiplayer is very overrated in my opinion.
Halo 3 for sure. Everyone makes it out to be this perfect masterpiece. But I didn't really like it that much. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I literally prefer any other halo FPS (aside from halo 5).
Chimera30 wrote:
Halo CE is overrated to me. I understand that it revolutionized the FPS genre, but as far as Halo games go, to me it doesn't stand up to 2 or 3. Not saying CE was bad, of course not. But I look at how much Halo 2 and 3 improved on the formula began in CE, I can't help but wonder why some people call CE the best Halo game.
As someone who loves playing Halo CE more than any other video game in existence, Halo 2 is the most overrated for me. Its weapon sandbox no longer feels as fun or unique. Its level design is far more linear than a Halo game should be, and is far more linear overall than any other Bungie Halo title. It had more bugs than any other Bungie title and felt overall less polished than any other Halo game to this day. The reduced FOV made everything feel much smaller. While I enjoy Halo 2 a lot, I'm glad Bungie fixed all these issues moving forward. It's my least favourite Bungie Halo title in a number of ways. Definitely the most overrated Halo game to date.
-snip-
Why did you quote me? Not really necessary for a thread dedicated to stating opinions. The point isn't to challenge others.
:/
I love Halo 3 but I feel like it is way too hyped then it actual is. It's a great game but not my favorite.
Chimera30 wrote:
-snip-
Why did you quote me? Not really necessary for a thread dedicated to stating opinions. The point isn't to challenge others.
:/
Huh? It's not a challenge. It's a comparison. If it was a challenge (which as you said, makes no sense on a thread discussing opinions) it would have been worded very differently.
I would say Halo 3.
I feel that too many people think Halo 3 is the answer to everything.
I can understand where they're coming from though. Halo 3 is a great game.
Halo 3 was good, one of the best,. But it's the entry that is very overrated.
I prefer Halo 4, honestly. And people can't to stop saying Halo 3 was the best or Halo Reach was the best. I think all the entries where good, But exaggerating over Halo 3 or Halo Reach to the point where, if you don't think the same as the people who overrate those two games, you are either an outcast, an idiot or not a true Halo fan.
Its a bit furstrating at this point
JV11077 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:
Halo 5 definitely. Everyone acts like Halo 5's MP is the best multiplayer of all time, but compared to past halos and other games on the market these days it's just decent at best.
Actually most people hate halo 5s multiplayer
Really? Cause it seems like here on waypoint and /r/Halo everyone loves the MP.
Well I guess i was wrong then
Easily Halo 3 for me. The matchmaking feels broken. Movement is slow and cumbersome. The weapons are the worst in the series. The pistol is laughably bad. The br spread is a joke. The ar is garbage. While the campaign is pretty, halo 3 matchmaking is atrociously ugly and I'm not particularly fond of the multiplayer maps. Oh and let's not forget that btb turned the vehicles into op killing machines leaving people on foot pretty much useless. Halo 3 without a doubt is the most annoying to listen to people talk about. It was released at the peak of Halo's popularity, so people fawn over it like there is no tomorrow. Meanwhile, fans of halo 1 and 2 are left wondering why halo changed so much and in tears that they may never see a classic halo game like 1 or 2 again. Yeah if you couldn't tell I despise halo 3. I weep inside seeing how much praise it gets.
Halo Reach. I am not a fan of a story about a setting. I
Halo 3 for me. I wasn't online for the "Golden age" of Halo 3, so I never understood why people are so set on Halo 3 being the best game in the series. I did, however, have Gold for Reach, and loved that game (I love Halo in general, but Reach is my bae). I just remember all the people that would say, "Its not Halo. Its nothing like Halo 3. Armor abilities suck." and proceed to rip on the game, but have lots of fun in it. idk, it seems like Reach took a step forward with the forge and the customs community, but took a step back for the nostalgia lovers with armor abilities and the lack of a Chief in the story.

Would love to hear what you guys think!
Thought i would get annihilated for saying Halo 3, but the poll surprised me. I just don't see what's great about the campaign (although the MP is pretty good).
Don't get me wrong, Halo 3 is an incredible game, but I feel the praise for it is a little bit overblown at times. My biggest gripes with it personally are some of the (in my opinion) horrible MP maps that feel impossible to be competitive on due to their strange layouts and inconsistent spawns and the irritating bits of the campaign where Cortana invades your mind, and not to mention the mission of the same name near the end where it happens every 30 seconds while you go through a level that is as repetitive as the worst Forerunner structures from Combat Evolved.
JV11077 wrote:
JV11077 wrote:
Halo 5 definitely. Everyone acts like Halo 5's MP is the best multiplayer of all time, but compared to past halos and other games on the market these days it's just decent at best.
Actually most people hate halo 5s multiplayer
Really? Cause it seems like here on waypoint and /r/Halo everyone loves the MP.
I personally don’t like Halo 5’s Multiplayer, it can be fun but it’s not that perfect, some improvements would make it better, for me it’s take away Spartan Ablities but keep the basic mechanics like Sprint, Clamber & Slide, to me that should’ve been Halo 5 back in 2015
I like them all even with their flaws, but for overrated my vote would have to go Halo 3, I enjoy it but you have to admit it really is praised a lot

iI can’t say that when I find Halo 2 a godlike game of them all lol
In my opinion, CE is the most overrated. Some missions are just flips of others. I'm not saying it was a bad game though. I thought Halo 2, and 3 improved so much that it just doesn't compare. I know the results say Halo 3 was the most overrated, but I disagree. It had a great campaign, I can think of many legendary moments it forged. The double scarab fight, rescuing Cortana, the warthog run, etc. It also implemented an armor system in which you actually had to earn sets, instead of buying your way to Helioskrill. I will agree the multiplayer was a bit glitchy though. Just my opinion.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7