Skip to main content

Which is better?

Make Your Selection:

The Halo CE Magnum was amazing, but Halo CEhad a slew of much more powerful weapons than Halo 5. The Halo 5 version is much more dominant because it's up against the relatively weak Halo 5 weapons.
I honestly love both as the CE magnum started the Precision weapon meta and the H5 magnum was a return to form for the magnum. I love both designs but if I had to chose one I would pick the CE magnum.
In my opinion, one of the main reasonings why the Halo CE Pistol is so dominant is that they lacks appropriate alternatives to the weapon. It's simply the only mid to long range weapon in the game if we exclude from the Sniper Rifle which means that you have to use it if you wish to take down the enemies from a safe distance. This can be contrasted to this weapon in Halo 5 which can easily be substituted with the Battle Rifle, DMR, Magnum, Carbine och Light Rifle.
I honestly love both as the CE magnum started the Precision weapon meta and the H5 magnum was a return to form for the magnum. I love both designs but if I had to chose one I would pick the CE magnum.
I would instead say that Halo 2 was that game that truly started the precision weapon meta as it removed the viability of all other alternatives. As an example, who wouldn't use a mid to long range precision weapon as a primary weapon when playing the campaign on Legendary?

When I play Halo 2 on any of the higher difficulties, it's pretty much required to use this kind of weapon as it can be used to instant kill most of the enemies like Grunts and Jackals. In addition to that, the mid to long range precision weapons are also relatively effective against every other enemy type like the Flood, Brutes and Elies (w. Plasma Pistol overcharge). In Halo CE, the other weapons was at least to some extent viable compared to the pistol like the Needler mainly against Elites, Shotgun and Plasma Pistol.
Ok ok, y'all look... If y'all picked the OG CE pistol to be better, y'all trippin. H5's is wayyyy better cuz it's new. The bloom and random shots in CE is a huuuuuuge difference from H5.
I prefer the Halo CE magnum. Never used the Halo 5 magnum enough to have an opinion about it.
I like the M6D Magnum from Halo Combat Evolved. That is still the best.
CE. Nothing else comes close.
CE magnum is great, but i will admit the halo 5 magnum feels nice. but nothing beats the clunky look of CE (not to mention seen someone 3D print a part on a glock to make it look like the halo CE magnum which was badass)
Originals are almost always better, OG CE has my vote.
I meant the CE req variant of the magnum in halo 5.
The og magnum was able to be just as good as the plasma rifle which I have yet to see any other halo game do. lol