Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Which visuals do you prefer more?

OP NegativeEnd0090

Which visuals do you prefer more?

Make Your Selection:

Wether it be cutscenes or gameplay graphics, which one do you think is more visually appealing?

Anniversary seems more visually impressive, although classic gives off more of a feeling of nostalgia, which most fans generally like.
It's kind of tough to make a decision on this one, but I'll have to go with Anniversary for me. H2 with the incredible cut scenes was just so well done and CE's cut scenes were certainly improved by better and more detailed graphics. But on the other side of the table is the fact that the CE anniversary graphics in game play deviate kinda heavily from the original look and feel of the original CE. As an example, the level 343 Guilty Spark is much brighter than the foggy and mysterious feel of the original graphics.

While nostalgia may drive people to prefer classic graphics, there are some more concrete reasons to prefer classic over anniversary, especially in the case of CE.
It's kind of tough to make a decision on this one, but I'll have to go with Anniversary for me. H2 with the incredible cut scenes was just so well done and CE's cut scenes were certainly improved by better and more detailed graphics. But on the other side of the table is the fact that the CE anniversary graphics in game play deviate kinda heavily from the original look and feel of the original CE. As an example, the level 343 Guilty Spark is much brighter than the foggy and mysterious feel of the original graphics.

While nostalgia may drive people to prefer classic graphics, there are some more concrete reasons to prefer classic over anniversary, especially in the case of CE.
Happy coming through will solid points, again!

Classic visuals will always be an OG favourite... however, as a personal preference, I have to agree on Anniversary graphics. Aesthetically superior and allows the player to immerse a little deeper in the gaming experience. Sometimes you need to forget you're holding your xbox controller and remember you're two shots away from reloading the pistol in your right hand. Anniversary visuals for me.
For the most part anniversary. Some models
or levels (343 GS, TB, Uprising) failed to
capture the original feeling, and I think CE
and 2 didint NEED a 100% graphic overhaul,
but it's already here, and both remasters look
mindblowing when compared
I prefer Anniversaries graphics more than Classic's, unless we are including Reach. I enjoy visually appealing games, but also don't want it to be 100 gigs pretty with lackluster gameplay and a dookie story.
Halo Combat Evolved mostly looks better on classic visuals, Halo 2 is bit of a mixed thing.
Halo Combat Evolved mostly looks better on classic visuals, Halo 2 is bit of a mixed thing.
Yes, there's certainly this good feeling of the good old classic mode. I really like the look of the Covenant crates that also acted as a communication stand. There were plenty of the Covenant tech and interiors that I think looked better in classic mode, mainly because of the colors that I find anniversary lacking in. The cool blue and purple shading and lighting in the Covenant ship, the looks of the shielding on the bay doors and covers. They just look better in classic mode. Hopefully in Infinite, they can find some way to recreate the look of the old Covenant tech and design.
I mean I love playing the og games but sometimes its nice to see the anniversary graphics. But the weird thing about the anniversary versions (Halo CEA especially) the geometry isnt the same as the classic and the anniversary versions. So i always play OG graphics.
I tend to prefer anniversary graphics. I like the ability to choose between the two though.
Halo2: Anniversary definitely
HaloCe: Classic for me
the visor's too large, too bright, not right
the men are green, not grey, that's not okay

Arbi's men will highly rend and in a little while my shields will mend
For nostalgia definitely classic but since i am used to nowadays graphics i personally prefer to play the anniversary version in Halo 2 especially for the cutscenes.
Anniversary
For nostalgia definitely classic but since i am used to nowadays graphics i personally prefer to play the anniversary version in Halo 2 especially for the cutscenes.
They certainly did a fantastic job with the cutscenes, did they?
This is a tough one. I like certain aspects of the OG more like the energy sword appearance and sound but the cutscenes in Aniversary are b-e-a-utiful. Anniversary makes the game look how I thought it looked in 2004 when I played it on the original Xbox.
They certainly did a fantastic job with the cutscenes, did they?
oh yeah it's amazing what they made out of the original game
Unless I'm performing a granade jump or a difficult jump accross a surface where the ledge amd the paint job don't line up..
I like both...I like the classic and Anniversary.