Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Who actually uses micro transactions?

OP LoneRedWolf24

!!!ASIDE FROM HCS PACKS AND PACKS LIKE IT!!!

Quote:
"Micro transactions are killing Halo!"
Are they though? There's such an uproar in the community that im surprised if even 25% of us would use them?
So to settle this once and for all, to see if they really are turning the tides in Warzone, lets see how many of us actually buy REQ packs with micro transactions.
!!!ASIDE FROM HCS PACKS AND PACKS LIKE IT!!!

Quote:
"Micro transactions are killing Halo!"
Are they though? There's such an uproar in the community that im surprised if even 25% of us would use them?
So to settle this once and for all, to see if they really are turning the tides in Warzone, lets see how many of us actually buy REQ packs with micro transactions.
Well, the forums aren't going to get you a good sample of Halo players. Only a fraction of the people who play the game are going to find their way here.

As for micro transactions my opinion on them has remained fairly consistent. I think they are inherently a bad thing that was implemented very well in Halo 5. The problems that they tend to cause are kept to an absolute minimum. I haven't (and have no intention) of ever paying for a req pack.
I will never buy into microtransactions with money. Not if it was the last miserable thing on Earth.
I will never buy into microtransactions with money. Not if it was the last miserable thing on Earth.
I've never really bought them either, but you make it sound like Halo 5's microtransactions are the worst out there. They are completely optional. Just look at blops 3, pay2win gobblegums in zombies and heaps of cryptokey -Yoink- in multiplayer, with many things behind a pay wall. Plus a $60 season pass.
I've never really bought them either, but you make it sound like Halo 5's microtransactions are the worst out there. They are completely optional. Just look at blops 3, pay2win gobblegums in zombies and heaps of cryptokey -Yoink- in multiplayer, with many things behind a pay wall. Plus a $60 season pass.
Considering I'm SR 102 and just now 74% done with REQs using the most efficient method of pack unlocking to grind through all the trash weapon skins and redundant visors and poor armor design, it could be more streamlined.

Im just biased against micro transactions in any shape or form. Halo 5's are a lesser issue than most though.
My buddy does, when my birthday gift to him was "progress in his REQ collection.".

Would either of us buy REQs for ourselves? -Yoink- no.
The only thing truly killing Halo is 343s inability to make a fully functional game. Sure they launched without all the modes and not everyone liked the campaign but all that doesn't matter near as much as the game not functioning well. How many frame rate drops/lag, retrieving data, and really bad lag for players over seas.
Time for some math!
Average WZ match = about 20 minutes
Average REQ earning = about 2000
10000 (1 Gold Pack) ÷ 2000 = 5 (games)
5 x 22 = 110 (minutes)
110 minutes = 1 hour & 50 minutes.
So, if you spend 2.99 on a Gold Pack, that's skipping 1 hour and 50 minutes of gameplay.

I find that perfectly reasonable. If you don't really have time to play the game, but want to grab that Helljumper helmet as soon as possible, then why not buy a few packs? It's really not all that bad. I don't understand why people are so upset over this.
So this is the standard packs not the Bundles or Special packs?
As of now, I've spent about $30 on req packs. Just means I can save up more points for the next update!
Walrificus wrote:
Time for some math!
5 x 22 = 110 (minutes)
So, if you spend 2.99 on a Gold Pack, that's skipping 1 hour and 50 minutes of gameplay.

I find that perfectly reasonable. If you don't really have time to play the game, but want to grab that Helljumper helmet as soon as possible, then why not buy a few packs? It's really not all that bad. I don't understand why people are so upset over this.
Because the odds of acquiring say the helljumper helmet in a few light micro transactions is incredibly small. If anything, your gonna be buying 1, 2, 3 or maybe even more of the $99.00 req bundles to get that item you so deeply want. In order to acquire everything in the game (also doing bronze, to silver, to gold), it will require over a million req points to achieve. You could acquire the hell jumper at req point count 1.25 million mark, or your could acquire it on your first or third gold req pack.

The point is that the RNG is too random, the average player won't play enough to achieve the parts he/she really wants, and players will have to drop over a thousand dollars or hundreds of hours or any combination of both to acquire a majority of the stuff in the game.

Plus let's not forget that people who purchase req packs are inheritely going to be having more fun than the person who has to grind to achieve his reqs. While this is fine because the person who is having more fun has paid to do so, but this same player has also already been charged full value for the game, and likely a pre-order cost as well, and has probably purchased other titles of the franchise in the past. So the cost to play is already high, so why do players have to spend more to have more fun?
Walrificus wrote:
Time for some math!
5 x 22 = 110 (minutes)

Because the odds of acquiring say the helljumper helmet in a few light micro transactions is incredibly small. If anything, your gonna be buying 1, 2, 3 or maybe even more of the $99.00 req bundles to get that item you so deeply want. In order to acquire everything in the game (also doing bronze, to silver, to gold), it will require over a million req points to achieve. You could acquire the hell jumper at req point count 1.25 million mark, or your could acquire it on your first or third gold req pack.

The point is that the RNG is too random, the average player won't play enough to achieve the parts he/she really wants, and players will have to drop over a thousand dollars or hundreds of hours or any combination of both to acquire a majority of the stuff in the game.

Plus let's not forget that people who purchase req packs are inheritely going to be having more fun than the person who has to grind to achieve his reqs. While this is fine because the person who is having more fun has paid to do so, but this same player has also already been charged full value for the game, and likely a pre-order cost as well, and has probably purchased other titles of the franchise in the past. So the cost to play is already high, so why do players have to spend more to have more fun?
That's a good point. The point of view I was getting at was the point of view of someone who plays a lot of Halo 5, and has built up his/her REQ collection significantly, and wanting to put themselves further towards the helmet they wanted, spent a little on a pack or too. But I see what you're getting at. RNG is too random, indeed, and buying a large amount of packs w/o getting the item you want is extremely inefficient.

Commenting on your second point, I would say people having to grind for their permanent unlocks have more fun than people who buy them. Having grind makes you feel like you earn the reward at the end, however small it is. To each, his own, though.
Honestly... nobody is standing at 343's doorstep saying " oh please 343 add more microtransactions... I have all this money and have nothing better to do with it!" And if they are... I have some junk I'd like to sell them...
Never the £8 packs are way over priced

The team weapon skin packs should be more like .80 packs not £8
Walrificus wrote:
Time for some math!
5 x 22 = 110 (minutes)

Because they think people are emptying their pockets buying as many packs as they can and then they feel they feel that player has a better chance at winning games because they have a lot of reqs. A large req inventory doesn't mean you are going to win what so ever.
didn't the month of mythic make this a problem ?
Out of principle, I never have and never will pay for any microtransaction. Ever.