Who Are You in the Community?

OP TormentHCS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Everyone has there own role in the community, either it's Lore Nerd to Forger, everyone does something. Here are what I mean by each role...

Lore Nerd: Reads all the books, knows everything about the lore, and loves the campaign

Casual: Someone who plays campaign and multiplayer often but doesn't really sweat.

Noob: Yea those guys....

Sweaty Player: Loves competitive Halo and sweating hard (even in socials lol).

Speedrunners: Crazy kids that know how to beat Halo in an hour.

Trickers: People who trick the game and pull off amazing oddities in the game.

Guy Who Stalks Waypoint But Doesn't Play: Those people who are here for nostalgic reasons.

Forger: Makes amazing maps, for custom games, or whatever. Legends.

Who and why are you, you? Me, I'm a sweaty player who loves the competitive halo scene. Love it. Live it. Breathe it.

Edit: I also left out a lot of other roles. My bad y’all. If your role is not mentioned, comment below.
casual campaign mostly and little multi
Gimme moar lore.

I'm a massive lore nerd. I can't wait to get Point of Light in the mail, and now another book has already been announced that is being written by Troy Denning.... yessssssssssss please
Gimme moar lore.

I'm a massive lore nerd. I can't wait to get Point of Light in the mail, and now another book has already been announced that is being written by Troy Denning.... yessssssssssss please
LOL "gimme moar lore."

I haven't read that many halo books. Any recommended?
You still have to mention the collector community and achievements hunter.

Quote:
Where I belong.

Quote:
Where I belong.
I’m sry lol forgot that’s a big thing...

Quote:
Where I belong.
I’m sry lol forgot that’s a big thing...
You don't have Janitor/Bouncer
You don't have Janitor/Bouncer
Sorry bro I clearly don’t know every category. My bad guys.
These days: A casual multiplayer Halo player.
I can’t pick one as I’m a Casual, Sweaty Player, Speedrunner & a Lore Nerd

Spoiler:
Show
I’m a casually sweaty lore nerd who occasionally speed runs on my quest for world domination through 100% halo completion
TormentHCS wrote:
Gimme moar lore.

LOL "gimme moar lore."

It's gonna depend on what you prefer, but I'll give you a few recommendations split into vague and somewhat overlapping categories:
  • Civilian stories: Cole Protocol, Battle Born, Envoy
  • Covvie fan: Broken Circle, Hunters in the Dark
  • Classic UNSC focus: Contact Harvest, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx
  • Newer UNSC focus: New Blood, Bad Blood, Last Light
  • Master Chief focus: Silent Storm, Oblivion, Shadows of Reach
Overall my absolute favorite Halo book is Contact Harvest. I view it as the cornerstone of the Halo Universe. Books like the Fall of Reach set the stage, but Contact Harvest answered a lot of important questions and gave a lot of backstory as to why things played out the way they did in the Halo Universe. Johnson, the main Prophets (Truth, Regret, and Mercy), and Tartarus got origin stories in that one book. The true reasons for the Covenant War were explained. The Human Insurrection prior to the Covenant got fleshed out fairly well. It had everything imo.
I'm a casual because I don't really know much, halo lore wise
TormentHCS wrote:
Gimme moar lore.

LOL "gimme moar lore."

It's gonna depend on what you prefer, but I'll give you a few recommendations split into vague and somewhat overlapping categories:
  • Civilian stories: Cole Protocol, Battle Born, Envoy
  • Covvie fan: Broken Circle, Hunters in the Dark
  • Classic UNSC focus: Contact Harvest, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx
  • Newer UNSC focus: New Blood, Bad Blood, Last Light
  • Master Chief focus: Silent Storm, Oblivion, Shadows of Reach
Overall my absolute favorite Halo book is Contact Harvest. I view it as the cornerstone of the Halo Universe. Books like the Fall of Reach set the stage, but Contact Harvest answered a lot of important questions and gave a lot of backstory as to why things played out the way they did in the Halo Universe. Johnson, the main Prophets (Truth, Regret, and Mercy), and Tartarus got origin stories in that one book. The true reasons for the Covenant War were explained. The Human Insurrection prior to the Covenant got fleshed out fairly well. It had everything imo.
I'll be sure to check some of those out! Thanks!
A casual but feels like I'm slowly turning into a lore nerd
Casual Campaign Player.
Casual mixed with forger, I love making maps for Halo and I love seeing how they preform so I know what to tweak later on, that and in multiplayer I'm usually casual sometimes doing dumb stuff in social with friends which can be a fun time.
Lore nerd. For people who follow my posts, this is obvious.
I am definitely a lore nerd in the community. I love halo lore a lot.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4