Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Who should die in infinite?

OP YoutubeSPARTAN4

What is your pick and thoughts?
Prometheans are extremely annoying to fight. They deserve death
Sara Palmer....honestly Jun is still an option for spartan command, has no confirmed death....instead we get a spartan who has seemingly no affiliation has shown little to no actual combat skill besides in halo 4 AND gladly took on a hit mission against doctor hasely....in my opinion a little too trigger happy against the old doc. Plus I hate her voice so...yea bring Jun back or even better have him take out palmer....good ridens!
There definitely are some characters that I could live without but they are generally minor nuisance in comparison of the fecesfest that prometheans are.
we will bring them to their promethean knees.
Kepitalism wrote:
With u broski
Cortana definitely should die for real. She lost her overall appeal after Halo 4, and even Mileena and Frost from Mortal Kombat are more appealing and better villains than her.

Also, if Chief does die, which is becoming more and more likely given that his VA Steve Downes doesn't have much longer to live, the franchise needs Fred-104 as the new main protagonist, even if an all-out reboot has to be done. Just make sure the reboot is done right!
Cortana definitely should die for real. She lost her overall appeal after Halo 4, and even Mileena and Frost from Mortal Kombat are more appealing and better villains than her.

Also, if Chief does die, which is becoming more and more likely given that his VA Steve Downes doesn't have much longer to live, the franchise needs Fred-104 as the new main protagonist, even if an all-out reboot has to be done. Just make sure the reboot is done right!
This is all true, but Fred? Fr? We don't kno enough abt him. Maybe Infinite will give him a chance to reveal more abt him.
I never liked palmer from the start she shot Halsey in the arm I mean who does that. Giving Jul a little practice in amputation glad he's dead too that waste of hunk of meat. But most of all Locke he must die for winning a game of straws I rigged and left me on alpha shard to nuke it. Spartans never die locke, comin for ya.) =<
lol on the Prometheans bit.
I mean, sure, they're annoying but I think there are better solutions than getting rid of them altogether. That said, if it were to happen then Infinite would be the place to do it.

My vote actually goes towards Sarah Palmer...
Now that's a character thats never been very endearing! She seems to be a replacement for Sgt. Johnson and she simply just doesn't stack up!
Thats not to say she couldn't be more endearing in Infinite though while staying true to her character. If I were writing the story I think that would be one of my objectives (while simultaneously planning the demise at the end lol) as she volunteers to stay behind to blow up a critical objective on a mission that goes wrong which hence requires this of someone. Similar to Forge in Halo Wars 1.
Palmer makes a final last stand as she tries holding off enemy forces while she makes time for Chiefs departure to get away from the soon to be massive blast. As she lays on the ground mortally wounded with the activation device in hand she has the last word as enemies surround her, "So you think you've won? Heh heh… Eggheads." and we immediately see Chief flying off in a Pelican as the explosion is thoroughly seen and felt.
This would mirror Johnson's death as he died in the third Halo game and this would be 343's third Halo installment as well. This way, at least this would give her a proper death that may even redeem the character for some.
Sorry Sarah but only Chief deserves to lead spartans.
Kepitalism wrote:
With u broski
Right behind you spartan
Personally, Palmer was an annoying character, she wasn't a character where you go: "Hey remember when Palmer did that?". She didn't reflect the spartan image (she didn't hesitate to go on a hit mission towards Halsey). Overall a somewhat annoying character in general.
Not a big fan of the Prometheans, so I would not mind seeing them go.
As for story then Palmer. But the Prometheans are so annoying to fight. The o my fun levels in Halo 5 in my opinion were the ones with covenant.
Ok those powered up halo 5 knights are a pain and I wouldn't mind if they all died