Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Whose Line Is It Anyway? Round #36

OP Adog 5836

Quote:
"I... am ordering you... to surrender that A.I!"
Quote:
PREVIOUS ANSWER:::Sergeant Johnson
Ah yes, everyone’s favorite Captain in the Halo universe. (Sarcasm).
When Chief hit him with that "no...sir" I got so hype lmao
Seems more like a Politician to me
MorseyBaby wrote:
Funny you should say that since
Spoiler:
Show
MorseyBaby wrote:
Funny you should say that since
Spoiler:
Show
I set 'em up, you knock em down
I still hate that -Yoink- for how he treated the Chief
It felt really bizarre from a writing perspective. The Master Chief had saved humanity on more than one occasion, and the Captain just treats him like dirt?
Rio: Give me that Chip
Chief: **Munches potato chip**
Rio: ARREST HIM!!!

One of my favourite moments in Halo 4 by far, not even Palmer wanted to try and arrest him
John9895 wrote:
It felt really bizarre from a writing perspective. The Master Chief had saved humanity on more than one occasion, and the Captain just treats him like dirt?
343, I believe, was trying to develop the narrative that the Chief is considered old news. The first cut scene was all about how the UNSC was trying to "replace" him, hinting at the development of the Spartan-IV program. It came off awkward and out of place since the guy just treated the Chief like crap for seemingly no apparent reason. If the narrative of the story included some reason for that, it might have worked better.
Im not sure why but that is one of those scenes in particular that felt out of place in Halo.

Nothing in the scene seemed "militaristic" the lines nor the actions taken.

Though at least it's something that gets remembered, even if it's in a way of "never do this type of thing again in Halo" thing.
I remeber this feeling a little weird. I understand that they would be arresting the Master Chief, but not even Palmer moves. I understand the history between Thomas and John (as little as it may be), but John and Sarah have no such history, and she has no reason to disobey the order? Maybe I read into this too much. Haha.
I played this cutscene over and over so many times...
I played this cutscene over and over so many times...
One of the most meme-able moments in all of Halo lol