Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Why do you think we're not getting infinite news?

OP EchoLoco2

Why do you think we're not getting infinite news?

Make Your Selection:

Halo infinite was announced in JUNE and it's now almost DECEMBER and we've had almost no news! This has been a huge content drought and it worries me, but it could also mean that 343 wants to dump a crap ton of news on us in 2019 which is the year when I assume Infinite will be released. What are your thoughts?
I think we will hear more news about Infinite in 2019.
It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't far enough along in development. When 343 showed an in-engine demo at E3, my first thought was they scrapped whatever they had originally done and started over. It's probably a combination of both, though. It's not ready to be shown, and they don't want to talk about anything with a likely release date in 2020.
Maybe a cool sneakpeak for christmas : ^ ), hopefully.
As much as I hope it's because they're waiting, a chunk of me believes it's because they dont have much progress on it
Would be the best christmas gift
Odds are they don't really have anything they think is worth saying is news or they are waiting to let us seep in our own hype.
I'd like to think they are actually taking their time and developing a good story, which would mean there isn't enough developed content to release or tease us with. Youtube channels have been speculating like crazy, and in an ideal world I would hope 343i would be watching these videos and taking notes. As has been said before, they can't please everyone, but they can take bits and pieces from Waypoint forums, Youtube videos, and other user generated media in order to move the story in the right direction.
I think they’re focusing on developing two large projects a game engine and then the game on top of it. I’m sure they don’t have time to tell us about the technical intricacies of building a game engine. I’m also sure we’d find it uninteresting unless y’all are also developers...
As much as I hope it's because they're waiting, a chunk of me believes it's because they dont have much progress on it
Would be the best christmas gift
Agreed.

How about Merry Christmas, Halo: Infinite has actually been finished since E3! *Puts it on market* Have fun!
Probably because they are very far away from release. I bet the game doesn’t realest until minimum Holiday 2020
Infinite isn't far enough in development yet. Witch means 343 are taking time with development so we don't get a bad game.
Maybe they want to give more information about the right moment, honestly I'm fine either way on when they want to give more info, I'm glad they're taking their time

Just hoping Microsoft doesn't try rush them to make a quick buck, don't want it to end up like MCC at its launch
I think we will hear more news about Infinite in 2019.
I have no doubt that we'll hear something in 2019. I'm thinking more of an official trailer as to where Halo Infinite is going along with a potential Beta Test announcement.

I know the likelihood of this happening is slim to none but personally, I think it'd be great to see Crackdown 3 released with an invitation to the Halo infinite Beta just as the original Crackdown had an invitation for the Halo 3 Beta back in 2007.
I went with the not that far in development option. Also if there is something to report they will let us know.