Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Will Halo: Infinite come with or without Sprint?

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Do you believe Infinite will feature Sprint?

Make Your Selection:

Many of us have strong opinions as to whether or not Halo: Infinite should feature a Sprint mechanic such as the ones featured in Halo: Reach, Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians. My question is, do you think Halo: Infinite will have Sprint, or do you think it will not? Please provide an explanation as to why you believe this.

Additionally, is the answer to the above question the same as your answer to whether or not you'd like Infinite to include a Sprint mechanic?
I feel like it's too late to not include sprint. It's a part of halo and shooters as a whole. For a shooter to come out in 2020 without sprint, it would feel odd to play.
If you are asking if I think it will be in the game then my answer is no. They’ll probably get rid of sprint along with the 4 & 5 art style to give us a more classic halo experience. If you’re asking me if I want it in, then I also say no because it wasn’t fun in my opinion. I like constantly moving at a moderate speed then going from slow to fast all the time. It leaves more room for mistake and is just annoying.
Probably it will include sprint as it's pretty much a mechanic that is seen everywhere & it has been implemented in Halo too, doubt big companies will try to differentiate themselves by removing the most homogeneous of "modern" movement mechanics, which I don't really think it's that modern given pretty old games have had speed up buttons like super mario for example, as for sprint in FPS, it was back in the 90's, at least for PC.

But as it's part of marketing something as "new" or "fast", like pretty much decades earlier, same thing over & over, I think it likely will continue to be in old franchises that don't really include the original developers anymore at least, if it's brought to the formula, it likely will stick there for the sake of the type of marketing this type of product usually has.

Though I would be pleasantly surprised if there were only a fast base movement speed as that actually allows for faster gameplay by technical standpoint by keeping some of the more menial controls in minimum, the type of controls that include movement.

But I doubt Halo will yet reach out to old core fanbase instead of trying to appeal for consumers of other franchises in terms of gameplay.

I feel like it's too late to not include sprint. It's a part of halo and shooters as a whole. For a shooter to come out in 2020 without sprint, it would feel odd to play.
"Visible confusion while blasting with super shotgun in DOOM".
For a shooter to come out in 2020 without sprint, it would feel odd to play.
Doom 2016 proved that is not the case. Not only do shooters not need Sprint, but in my opinion, they are much less fun when they have it. Play Doom: Eternal when it releases and try telling people that it would be more fun if it had Sprint.
I don’t think it will solely based on the assumption that H5 Mythic doesn’t have sprint, and a lot of people are saying that is a test run for infinite.

That isn’t a very viable argument, but there also isn’t any viable arguments that there will be sprint in infinite. My official stance is “nobody knows”.

i personally would not like sprint in infinite, but I made sure not to be biased in answering this question.
Counter Strike: Probably always Number 1 or 2 on Twitch (FPS)
Overwatch: Game of the Year 2016 *except one character*
Crossfire: Most popular FPS in Asia
Doom: One of the most hyped games in the present

It's 2020, nothing about Sprint is "modern" - it's just a preference.

Before someone comes up with the Lore Argument "BuT wE aRe SpArTaNs, wE mUsT sPrInT" - Spartans ARE able to shoot at a very high speed. So even if you take Lore into consideration, Reach, 4 & 5 don't make sense.

Don't get me even started about the pacing argument. Sprint is just an animation and there are tons of ways to make gameplay faster, but this has been said thousands of times across all Threads.

I hope that Infinite will build upon the run & gun movement (Classic) and improves the Equipment System.
I don't like the restricted "run or gun" movement from Halo 5. Beeing constantly forced to let your weapons down while moving at top speed is not exciting for me.
I don't think they will remove sprint. I mean it's there since Reach. But this time their approach can be different like some cooldown for sprint
I think it will. I think the game is going to look like H3 but play like H5, maybe with less abilities like spartan charge and ground pound removed but I think sprint will be there.

As far as what I want, I'd rather not gave sprint but it's not a deal breaker for me if it does.
This exactly.
It should to be honest
KnightFJS wrote:
This exactly.
Someone hasn't been ripping and tearing enough, clearly
I don't think they will remove sprint. I mean it's there since Reach. But this time their approach can be different like some cooldown for sprint
Thing is, the majority of gamers (casual and competitive) consider Halo to have been in its golden years with Halo 2 and 3. Halo actually lost its population with Reach, which means most players actually associate Halo with not having Sprint. While I love Halo, and have played every Halo, most people I've spoken to in real life didn't play anything after Halo 3. A few people I know didn't even realise that Halo 5 existed until I mentioned it recently. They're starting to catch on again with Infinite, fortunately enough, but my point is that Sprint is not a staple of Halo and has only been included in the least popular titles of the series.
I think it will. I think the game is going to look like H3 but play like H5, maybe with less abilities like spartan charge and ground pound removed but I think sprint will be there.

As far as what I want, I'd rather not gave sprint but it's not a deal breaker for me if it does.
I really loved the ground pound. They should keep that at least
I think it will include sprint and this is why.
Halo CE - no sprint
Halo 2 - no sprint
Halo 3 - no sprint
Halo 3 ODST - no sprint
Halo Reach - sprint
Halo 4 - sprint
Halo 5 - sprint
Infinite - sprint?

No Sprint - 4
Sprint - 3

A weak argument but this is my opinion.

Before someone comes up with the Lore Argument "BuT wE aRe SpArTaNs, wE mUsT sPrInT" - Spartans ARE able to shoot at a very high speed. So even if you take Lore into consideration, Reach, 4 & 5 don't make sense.

Don't get me even started about the pacing argument. Sprint is just an animation and there are tons of ways to make gameplay faster, but this has been said thousands of times across all Threads.

I hope that Infinite will build upon the run & gun movement (Classic) and improves the Equipment System.
I don't like the restricted "run or gun" movement from Halo 5. Beeing constantly forced to let your weapons down while moving at top speed is not exciting for me.
This is the best explanation of why sprint should not be in the game that I have seen so far.
Should it? No.
Will it? Yes.
My idea for the halo I want is very different from what the hardcore halo community wants and what will actually happen. Halo Infinite will have sprint and I would prefer it not to.
Then again I want pistol starts so what do I know.
I think it will have sprint because its ben apart of halo for a bit know, and cause its better then hoping through the campaign the whole time.

Sprint is modern and it is far better than no sprint. Why else do you think a lot of new games today are starting to implement it? Going back to the early 2000s I can't think of a single game that had sprint. If you don't like sprint then that's because you probably never learned how to utilize it, sprint is a tool that lets you have offensive and defensive potential meaning sprint adds a level of skill.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2