Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Would you be fine if the Chief died in Infinite...

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Steve Downes, the voice actor of the Master Chief is getting older. He has retired from his radio career, and will no doubt be planning retirement from other duties fairly soon. You can hear it in his voice in-game. Neither Steve nor the Chief will last forever. The Master Chief isn't invincible. If he were to die, would you be happy if his personal team, Blue Team, bore his legacy moving forward?
If Halo Wars characters would ever come into the mainline games, then Jerome would be a perfect choice for Chief's successor IMO.

Jerome & Isabel = New Chief & Cortana

If not then, idk. Blue Team wasn't that much appealing to me in H5G. They would need more character development before they ever take Chief's place.
Blue Team wasn't that much appealing to me in H5G. They would need more character development before they ever take Chief's place.
Absolutely. That goes without saying.

In regards to Jerome and Isabel, I'm not sure that's a good idea. They've never been introduced in a main Halo title. I don't think the general audience (outside of the more dedicated fans like us) would be as interested. I feel they could do a lot more with Blue Team in terms of attracting the more casual audience. Plus, Blue Team have far more history rooted in the universe that 343i could play with.
I think Blue team should definitely die first before Master Chief does and I hope he does not die in Halo Infinite.
I think Blue team should definitely die first before Master Chief does and I hope he does not die in Halo Infinite.
Okay. How come?
Okay. How come?
Because Master Chief is pretty much the player and if he dies then our link to the Halo Universe is cut. If that makes any sense.
As said above blue team didn't appeal to me either and I would rather see them die then Chief.
I say he will probably pull through or be captured by Cortana again
Okay. How come?
Because Master Chief is pretty much the player and if he dies then our link to the Halo Universe is cut. If that makes any sense.
As said above blue team didn't appeal to me either and I would rather see them die then Chief.
New Question: Would you rather see the Master Chief die or receive a new voice actor? Steve Downes is sixty-seven years old. He has already retired from his other duties. I doubt he'll want to be voice-acting forever, and I'm not sure how realistic it will be when Downes is seventy while the Chief is still running around completing insane mission after mission. You can hear it in his voice already; he's getting old.
Okay. How come?
New Question: Would you rather see the Master Chief die or be replaced by another voice actor? Steve Downs is sixty-seven years old. He has already retired from his other duties. I doubt he'll want to be voice-acting forever, and I'm not sure how realistic it will be when Downes is seventy while the Chief is still running around completing insane mission after mission. You can hear it in his voice already; he's getting old.
I would rather him die then get replaced. I think it should be up to Steve Downes to say what happens to Master Chief.
if chief ever goes out I'd prefer it be up to the players interpretation kinda like how 6 went out
Death4695 wrote:
if chief ever goes out I'd prefer it be up to the players interpretation kinda like how 6 went out
... He got stabbed by an Elite with an Energy Sword. I'm not sure how much player interpretation is behind that.
Death4695 wrote:
... He got stabbed by an Elite with an Energy Sword. I'm not sure how much player interpretation is behind that.
some people still believe he survived 😆
Death4695 wrote:
Death4695 wrote:
Yeah. Well, apparently Tupac is alive, Paul McCartney is an imposter and Michael Jackson's ghost can be seen roaming the halls of his estate.
Death4695 wrote:
Death4695 wrote:
Yeah. Well, apparently Tupac is alive, Paul McCartney is an imposter and Michael Jackson's ghost can be seen roaming the halls of his estate.
further proving people will believe what they want 😆
I never really gave much thought to retirement, but if the Chief decided to hang up his cape at the end of Infinite, that would make this a much better game. The hero dying is too cliche. Anybody dying in Blue Team would be, lets face it, just a sacrifice. We saw that in Reach, I don't need any more one-dimensional characters doing the same to recapture the uniqueness to Reach.
I never really gave much thought to retirement, but if the Chief decided to hang up his cape at the end of Infinite, that would make this a much better game. The hero dying is too cliche. Anybody dying in Blue Team would be, lets face it, just a sacrifice. We saw that in Reach, I don't need any more one-dimensional characters doing the same to recapture the uniqueness to Reach.
The thing is, Blue Team are not one-dimensional. If you go to this thread, you'll find why Kelly is my favourite Spartan. However, due to the writing in Halo 5, most people do not yet know how much character there is to Blue Team. That can easily be fixed going forward.
The thing is, Blue Team are not one-dimensional. If you go to this thread, you'll find why Kelly is my favourite Spartan. However, due to the writing in Halo 5, most people do not yet know how much character there is to Blue Team. That can easily be fixed going forward.
A character originating from the books and dying in-game will make it pointless to care.
A character originating from the books and dying in-game will make it pointless to care.
I disagree. The books provide backstory that explain their characters. Backstory is there to be built upon. If they are written well in-game moving forward, I don't see what the problem is.
I’d prefer someone like Jerome replace the Master Chief more or less just so we as the player know the original chief is alive, but retired.
I would like Jerome from halo wars to replace chief, he is young and he is a spartan II. Plus he is my favorite spartan. If 343 does this then they should make Jerome a side character/ companion introduce him slowly to new players. Even if chief does die and Jerome replaces him, Jerome would have very big shoes to fill.

but I don't think chief should die in halo infinite I would recommend in the next three games lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5