Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Would you be fine if the Chief died in Infinite...

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
Most vehemently no, and the voice actor could be replaced.
Master Chief is a legend, I hope he doesn't die on this new game. Master Chief es una leyenda, espero que no muera en esta nueva entrega, seria muy triste.
The only person aside from chief that I feel an emotional attachment to is Buck. I think chief needs to die or retire (or go missing in action :P) and I don’t think it needs to be Blue Team that replaces him. I think it should be the person we feel emotional attachment to (in my case, buck).
Chief shouldn't die. If he does it better be emotional, worthwhile and legendary
Chief needs to die at some point, and Infinite is the perfect game to do it in. If he never dies, he essentially becomes invincible to us, and the thrill/suspense of the game is gone. As for a replacement, I think Jerome and Isabel would be perfect, so long as they were gradually integrated into the main series over the events of Infinite.But if not Jerome, Buck would be an awesome replacement
no, not at all
I think Blue team should definitely die first before Master Chief does and I hope he does not die in Halo Infinite.
Okay. How come?
Because Master Chief is pretty much the player and if he dies then our link to the Halo Universe is cut. If that makes any sense.
As said above blue team didn't appeal to me either and I would rather see them die then Chief.
New Question: Would you rather see the Master Chief die or receive a new voice actor? Steve Downes is sixty-seven years old. He has already retired from his other duties. I doubt he'll want to be voice-acting forever, and I'm not sure how realistic it will be when Downes is seventy while the Chief is still running around completing insane mission after mission. You can hear it in his voice already; he's getting old.
New voice actor.
What if Master Chief retired and they brought back Noble 6 as a replacement? It would be hilarious watching the lore nerds.
The only person aside from chief that I feel an emotional attachment to is Buck. I think chief needs to die or retire (or go missing in action :P) and I don’t think it needs to be Blue Team that replaces him. I think it should be the person we feel emotional attachment to (in my case, buck).
In my opinion Missing in action is the best way to go, because retiring wouldn't really be good for someone who was trained from a child to kill, having to stop would most likely cause some mental issues. dying could work as well and have either Buck or Jerome take his spot.
it depends how would he die because ITS FROSTY ZEE has a good point but to improvies he would die by the thel because the flood infected him and he would be to danger es
Spartans don't die
I would not know how to tell you, I do not think so that I self-suggest myself, but if the boss dies, who will be the protagonist of the saga. It would be better if he died but of natural causes. Can you imagine John-117 retired?
Spartans never die. They're just missing in action
If Halo Wars characters would ever come into the mainline games, then Jerome would be a perfect choice for Chief's successor IMO.

Jerome & Isabel = New Chief & Cortana

If not then, idk. Blue Team wasn't that much appealing to me in H5G. They would need more character development before they ever take Chief's place.
not many people played halo wars 1&2 so Jerome is out,beside team Osiris also didn't have much development time either
Infinites a 10 year game, n i cant see Steve still voicin Chief after another decade so i aint made if they retired the character.
Spartans never die...they're just Missing In Action
Spartans never die. They're just missing in action
Wow I just typed the same thing and then saw yours XD
Why would you kill chief lol
He wont die, he cant die, spartans dont die, they just go MIA
I remember the end of Halo 3 during the generic, thinking Master Chief was dead, it was horrible
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6