Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Would you like an open world Halo game?

OP CattyMusician

Would you like an open world Halo game?

Poll Ends

Make Your Selection:

I think an open world Halo game with arena pvp would be perfect!
I would like to see a world of Halo as in GTA.
Maybe not as one of the main line FPS games, but an RPG style game would be fun. I mentioned in another forum post (can't remember which one), that an RPG centered around the formation of the Covenant and the acquisition of the various client species could be really interesting.
I wouldn't mind either.
I honestly don't know. I know for a fact it's gonna be best as an arena game, but I feel it could kinda work if it's open world in the sense that Destiny is. If your a Spartan or maybe even a Marine who upgrade armor as the game advances and you rank up. Maybe get Republic Commando style squad controls when you become squad leader and enemies get harder and more complex.
J kid789 wrote:
I honestly don't know. I know for a fact it's gonna be best as an arena game, but I feel it could kinda work if it's open world in the sense that Destiny is. If your a Spartan or maybe even a Marine who upgrade armor as the game advances and you rank up. Maybe get Republic Commando style squad controls when you become squad leader and enemies get harder and more complex.
I think Halo would thrive in a Destiny style game. I played tons of OG Destiny, & it was an extremely fun game. I was in love with the open world RPG/FPS style game. I think it would be a smart decision to make it an open world game, but I can see why others would not.
I want it to be semi open world like The Silent Cartographer or Two Betrayals from Combat Evolved
An open world rpg that is not in the main line like HW and HW2. Or maybe a combo?
I clicked yes but I am not sure if I would play it. I use to like open world games but most of them became boring with too much travel time.
I feel as though If Halo were like an Elder Scrolls game, that'd be terrible. The formulas simply wouldn't mix well. However, I would love to see another game like ODST. That was semi open world and was great. CE also did this. So basically, a Halo game with side objectives and multiple routes would be awesome.
If by open world you are referring to ODST I would then love it, but if its more like RDR2 no way. Id rather have a Halo games where you would be able to command/pilot capital ships in space.
J kid789 wrote:
I think Halo would thrive in a Destiny style game. I played tons of OG Destiny, & it was an extremely fun game. I was in love with the open world RPG/FPS style game. I think it would be a smart decision to make it an open world game, but I can see why others would not.
One of Destiny's biggest problems was it's lack of storytelling. It was basically Halo 5 in the sense you needed much outside material to get the full picture of what happened. I think it'd be better served though if it took place on several planets, like you evacuated before the glassing and was pushed further into the Inner Colonies. MAYBE and I stress MAYBE take it back to Reach.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
One of Destiny's biggest problems was it's lack of storytelling. It was basically Halo 5 in the sense you needed much outside material to get the full picture of what happened. I think it'd be better served though if it took place on several planets, like you evacuated before the glassing and was pushed further into the Inner Colonies. MAYBE and I stress MAYBE take it back to Reach.
This is very true, Destiny required lots of DLCs to finish there storytelling. There main story didn't have enough substance to keep most people interested. The RPG side is kind of a tricky concept to pull off considering Destiny has you play as your character you make, where as Halo has you play as the Chief. I think it could still be done though.
I think we have enough open world games, and I'm not a fan of any of them. I would much prefer Halo remained story driven with tight campaigns and experiences where game designers get to have more impact on what you experience.

Though oddly enough, ODST is my favorite game it's pretty much the closest thing to open world we've had yet.
J kid789 wrote:
J kid789 wrote:
This is very true, Destiny required lots of DLCs to finish there storytelling. There main story didn't have enough substance to keep most people interested. The RPG side is kind of a tricky concept to pull off considering Destiny has you play as your character you make, where as Halo has you play as the Chief. I think it could still be done though.
Well you have Noble 6 who was your own character who could be customized, just with a pre designated name. Doing that again would work.
Reclaiment wrote:
I feel as though If Halo were like an Elder Scrolls game, that'd be terrible. The formulas simply wouldn't mix well. However, I would love to see another game like ODST. That was semi open world and was great. CE also did this. So basically, a Halo game with side objectives and multiple routes would be awesome.
I think I'm in this boat as well. Keep the main series the same, but a spin-off game like ODST would be fun.
J kid789 wrote:
Literally can’t be that far off since Bungie went and made Destiny right after leaving halo to Microsoft and 343i. I’d bet destiny was an idea for how they could reimagine a halo like game in a new universe. Now just do that in the halo universe and bam instant blockbuster I’d say.