Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Would you play a Covenant themed Halo game?

OP Erich Grulms

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
i do like fighting with aliens but not be one
So im guessing you did not enjoy the arbiter missions in halo 2?
Oh, yea I'd love to play a covie Halo game! The story could be battling Spartans, marines, flood. You could do a ton of things with that game but the only downside is that you're on the losing side. Would still love it!
Not if tue game took place on reach. You would win. Or Harvest
Honestly I'd play any Halo game. Any one. It doesn't matter, as long as it's Halo.
Amen to that.
Meh. Maybe in a mix like Halo 2 had you play some missions for the Humans as the Chief, and some as the Arbiter for the Convenant. As for a whole campaign with just them? No. Not really. Flood though, that's another story. Make me a Flood Spore and let me infect any creature arround to fight and then pop out of the dead body to infect the next. Now THAT is a game i'd play.
But you would die so easy. Like the game is always on legendary lolz.
I've always wanted to play a game where you're the covenant and you have to kill humans, I think I've got practice from the hordes of marines I've killed over the years :/
Hahaha betrayal
Yes totally.
But should it be post or pre schism.
To be honest i dont know what that means. Sorry lore noob here I just play the games. What is the schism?
Basically should it be before or after the covenant civil war.
I would say before. Have it take place on instalation 04.
HYv47 wrote:
Yeah I would love it. This is my idea for an all-Covenant Halo spin-off game. It still needs some editing keep in mind.

You would fight on other planets in engagement on all fronts including space; and against all enemies at the peak of the Covenant Empire. Some of the fronts could be space battles on massive scales, mega-cities, jungles, snowy mountains, swamps, and many more. And you could choose your species and there would be a different campaign for each, and at some points they would intersect.

The space battles would be very big; and all the corridors would be fully textured in every ship including the 95,000 feet long super carriers with thousands upon thousands of troops inside ready to attack the enemy.

Maybe at the end all the main characters of all the stories could form an epic squad and have an amazing battle to have a Honorable deaths like Noble Six in Halo Reach. Also as each character you could rank up in the Covenant and rise up to positions like supreme commander, squad leader, and other roles and /or ranks.

But 343 will never do anything like that or come close. And if someone would try it would take them a long time to fully make this game the way it should be.
Jesus that sounds way to good to ever be a thing. Danm.
That would be interesting, making a game like Halo 3 ODST, I think. Might or might not happen, that's a pretty good concept.
I think that would be beutiful
i like being a human only
Ohh ok.
its just my opinion
That would be interesting, making a game like Halo 3 ODST, I think. Might or might not happen, that's a pretty good concept.
Ya parts of it can even be during ODST in new mombasa when the elites get betrayed.
Ohh ok.
its just my opinion
Ohh ok.
its just my opinion
So maybe like an ODST sequel then??
Im not a big fan of the covenant but yhea why not
A1NZ wrote:
Im not a big fan of the covenant but yhea why not
Not a big fan. Your telling me you didnt like playing as the arbiter in halo 2???
I'm all about spin-off games because I just love the Halo lore and want to eat up all I can. It's my favorite universe! And I think spin-off games are a great way to experiment with different goals than the main games achieve, while still getting a Halo fix.

An idea I personally had a while back was for a game about the Arbiter (Thel) that expands on his character and gets you to more fully identify with him, understand his motives, and really feel the pain of his betrayal.
My idea was that it would start before Combat Evolved, maybe even showing some scenes on Sanghelios when he was younger and showing him in training while allowing you to have a brief kind of tutorial/introductory level which would be just long enough to establish his pure intentions in deep religious devotion and to see why he really developed a sense of purpose in fighting humanity. Then it would skip ahead, you'd play the first mission proper as you annihilate Reach as an adult, veteran Supreme Commander or whatever. You follow to Halo and spend most of the game during the events of Combat Evolved, but from the Covenant's perspective while hunting down this demon that you eventually learn plans on destroying the sacred ring you're sworn to protect.

I guess there are two main reasons I thought about the idea. One is that I really dislike CE: Anniversary. Unlike Halo 2 Anniversary, I thought they did a terrible job updating the graphics and the new look really doesn't properly respect the original artstyle. It also has a bad problem with geometry being completely different. So it's hard to get headshots, or you might be getting shot through a rock that's there on anniversary graphics so you can't see through it, but it's not actually there in the game. Furthermore, CE has very outdated gameplay and I'd love to experience a nostalgic take on the game that started it all with fresh features like melee lunge, assassination, bloom, more weapons and vehicles from the series, etc., and modern visuals.
The second reason is that I love the Flood, really want them to return in a modern gen game and be a truly spooky experience, and this would be a great excuse to meet them for the first time, again. It would also allow for other new opportunities, like improving classic regions with new level design and less repetition, and new Forerunner bots to fight alongside Sentinels, Flood, and Marines and ODSTs.
I'm all about spin-off games because I just love the Halo lore and want to eat up all I can. It's my favorite universe! And I think spin-off games are a great way to experiment with different goals than the main games achieve, while still getting a Halo fix.

An idea I personally had a while back was for a game about the Arbiter (Thel) that expands on his character and gets you to more fully identify with him, understand his motives, and really feel the pain of his betrayal.
My idea was that it would start before Combat Evolved, maybe even showing some scenes on Sanghelios when he was younger and showing him in training while allowing you to have a brief kind of tutorial/introductory level which would be just long enough to establish his pure intentions in deep religious devotion and to see why he really developed a sense of purpose in fighting humanity. Then it would skip ahead, you'd play the first mission proper as you annihilate Reach as an adult, veteran Supreme Commander or whatever. You follow to Halo and spend most of the game during the events of Combat Evolved, but from the Covenant's perspective while hunting down this demon that you eventually learn plans on destroying the sacred ring you're sworn to protect.

I guess there are two main reasons I thought about the idea. One is that I really dislike CE: Anniversary. Unlike Halo 2 Anniversary, I thought they did a terrible job updating the graphics and the new look really doesn't properly respect the original artstyle. It also has a bad problem with geometry being completely different. So it's hard to get headshots, or you might be getting shot through a rock that's there on anniversary graphics so you can't see through it, but it's not actually there in the game. Furthermore, CE has very outdated gameplay and I'd love to experience a nostalgic take on the game that started it all with fresh features like melee lunge, assassination, bloom, more weapons and vehicles from the series, etc., and modern visuals.
The second reason is that I love the Flood, really want them to return in a modern gen game and be a truly spooky experience, and this would be a great excuse to meet them for the first time, again. It would also allow for other new opportunities, like improving classic regions with new level design and less repetition, and new Forerunner bots to fight alongside Sentinels, Flood, and Marines and ODSTs.
Danm that sounds good. I like the tutorial playing when he is young. The idea of them forcing young to fight and shoving the great journey -Yoink- down there throut at such a young age.
Depends about the game overall and not just about the theme. But the theme would definitely be likeable. At least with real old design covenant.

Also, maybe edit this to a poll since its in a poll section.
I definitely would. Swords of Sanghelios squad, Republic Commando style perhaps.
Absolutely
Depends about the game overall and not just about the theme. But the theme would definitely be likeable. At least with real old design covenant.

Also, maybe edit this to a poll since its in a poll section.
Ya when i made it 2 weeks ago. Polls were broken. There was a post pinned saying they were aware of the issue and just recently got it fixed. So I just never changed it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3