Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Would you play a Covenant themed Halo game?

OP Erich Grulms

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
I definitely would. Swords of Sanghelios squad, Republic Commando style perhaps.
I never played republic commadoes. But heard good things.
Depends about the game overall and not just about the theme. But the theme would definitely be likeable. At least with real old design covenant.

Also, maybe edit this to a poll since its in a poll section.
Ya when i made it 2 weeks ago. Polls were broken. There was a post pinned saying they were aware of the issue and just recently got it fixed. So I just never changed it.
Understandable. Lets carry on about the post then.
Depends about the game overall and not just about the theme. But the theme would definitely be likeable. At least with real old design covenant.

Also, maybe edit this to a poll since its in a poll section.
Ya when i made it 2 weeks ago. Polls were broken. There was a post pinned saying they were aware of the issue and just recently got it fixed. So I just never changed it.
Understandable. Lets carry on about the post then.
And to reply to your other statement. I agree the old design. I would hate to fight alonside those ugly grunts all the time. I would just betray them all hahaha.
Hell yes
I wanna play as grunts

anyone else?
If it's good, sure.
I wanna play as grunts

anyone else?
A grunt in a mech hahahaha.
I wanna play as grunts

anyone else?
A grunt in a mech hahahaha.
YES! We can crush people easily
I don't really know. I'd have to see the trailer and gameplay.
I don't really know. I'd have to see the trailer and gameplay.
Come on just picture it. Playing as the arbiter
Still, the best weapons are the SMGs and shotguns.
I dont understand what this has to do with a Covenant themed game.
Well, I just enjoy playing UNSC more, so unless it was REALLY good, I don't know if I would play it.
Well, I just enjoy playing UNSC more, so unless it was REALLY good, I don't know if I would play it.
Ohh ok i see
It would be really cool to conquer one of humanity's colonies and go looking for forerunner structures and artifacts on the surface. I feel it would best simulate the Human-Covenant War as that's what higher ranks elites did "There are those at ONI, myself included, who believe the Covenant dispatch Elite advance teams to hunt down artifacts of value to their religion." - Dr. Catherine Halsey
I would love to play a Covenant themed Halo game.
Thatd be amazing and i would love to play it.
yes that would be awesome, although halo 2 was kinda like that
Oh yes. So many possibilities...

Covenant perspective(s) of New Mombasa before, during, and after Regret's slipspace jump and the early hours of the Great Schism (in-fighting between Covenant Separatists and Loyalists), maybe featuring an uneasy alliance with stranded UNSC forces?

Game focusing on a Spec Ops Elite during the events of Halo CE with the player boarding the Pillar of Autumn (just barely missing the chance to kill John-117 in cryo), exploring Installation 04, encountering hostile wildlife, hunting down UNSC lifeboats (capturing Captain Keyes), and later helping to clear the infestation of Flood from the Truth & Reconciliation... all before either being infected, being killed in the ring's destruction, or falling to Master Chief himself?

Unlikely that anything like this will be made, but it'd be hard to pass up if it were.
I think that would be a great idea! Especially if 343 decides not to put playable elites in H6, they would make a game centered around the elites. In fact, I have quite a few ideas of a covenant game. Imagine a Halo game called "Halo Stories". Where we don't just play as an elite in the campaign, but even an ODST and a brute! There would be 3 individual campaigns for the ODST, Elite & Brute. With the campaign being In chapters, with the first chapter starting off in the events of Harvest ongoing to other chapters being about other events such as Reach & Earth and other stories we don't really acknowledge. Basically the whole covenant-human war shortened and shoved into one game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5