Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Would you play a Covenant themed Halo game?

OP Erich Grulms

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
Absolutely I'd play a covenant themed halo game. Though, I think it would be better as a separate game from the main Halo series. Why not both? I'm campaigning for 2 halo games, both with 4 year dev cycles, released alternately every 2 years. One is traditional halo that follows the master chief. The second is a game that follows other spartarns OR COVENANT, and covers other stories in the Halo universe. Having a covenant themed halo would be the perfect compliment imo. The second game would allow devs to add whatever nonsense abilities and features to a halo game without angering all the fans that just want a classic halo game.
Totally even bounce between different characters like ODST only a grunt, jackal, hunter...that would be SOOOO DOPE
I think it's a fine idea, but shouldn't be labeled Halo. The Halo title in my opinion is reserved for games centered around the Master Chief. Change the name and allow us to play stories from the Covenant's perspective while also keeping a traditional halo game in addition to a covenant game and I'm all in.
I would pay like $150.00 for a Covenant based game.

Made during the great schism. You are an Elite captain trying to keep you team alive while fighting brutes.
Um heck yes!
I would want it to follow the Arbiter, from Reach all the way up to the beginning of Halo 2 when he's on trial. It would be a very fun game with a good story. Definitely would buy that!
Yea I think it would be great. A whole new perspective of the game yes please.
YES absolutely, it would be cool if you could play as different species.
The title says it all would you play a halo game FPS or not, centered around the covenant?
I don't think this would work. Halo has always stayed away from human body count (with the exception of multiplayer, but according to the Canon, is just war games simulations.) Playing as the covenant and killing countless humans would be very dark. Obviously 343i can do whatever they want, I just don't see it.

This has marketing implications as well. Growing up on Halo as a kid, a shooter game where "you only kill aliens and its only because the aliens are trying to destroy the human race" is easier to explain to mom and dad when the game is rated M for mature. Especially for the below 18 crowd of Halo players who we all know make up a good chunk of the population.

Thel Vadamee's sword massacre against the UNSC's bravest would be much less appealing.
I think we got something like that. It was called halo 2.

I really liked the first 4 arbiter missions, to see things from the covenants perspective. I did like the last 2 arbiter missions, too, but they were only sort of from the covenants perspective.

I would like to see something like this during the time period of halo CE.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5