Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

You guys think Halo 6 will be good?

OP True Alibi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Halo 6 will probably be 343's best Halo, I have high hopes for it.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I say average because I see it as the closest thing to neutral. I feel like halo 6 should be that ultimate halo game but then again, I have so much evidence to prove that 343 still haven't learned. So i don't know.

And before you call me a hater that is not the case. I want halo to succeed, I want 343 to finally make that gave that gives them praise, I want halo to not be a chore anymore. Halo 6 is their last chance, god help us all.
I agree i think that at this point, 343i has received all the feedback that they can and the only thing to do now is to wait and pray.
I have very high expectations. All the games have been great, but I feel it's going to be hard to surpass Halo 5.
really? huh. I personally believe Halo 5 was lackluster at best. it got boring and the story was way too complicated. I had to watch all the shows, read all the books, and spend a thousand hours on the wiki, and now, three years later, I finally understand it. although it had potential, i think they took a bit of an L with it. but i think they can recover their pride with Halo 6.
i'm hoping for at least average and not alienating to fans my expectations aren't set to good because it hasn't gone well before
True Alibi wrote:
I have very high expectations. All the games have been great, but I feel it's going to be hard to surpass Halo 5.
really? huh. I personally believe Halo 5 was lackluster at best. it got boring and the story was way too complicated. I had to watch all the shows, read all the books, and spend a thousand hours on the wiki, and now, three years later, I finally understand it. although it had potential, i think they took a bit of an L with it. but i think they can recover their pride with Halo 6.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 3 was still probably the best game in the series anyway, but it cannot compete with the weapons and balancing in Halo 5. There are close to what? 150, 200 different weapons in Halo 5? Not to mention the unique vehicles. 343 cares for weapons balancing in ways Bungie never did. For example, it was pretty much impossible to 4 shot an Elite with a BR in Halo 3 when it first came out, and it was the same way lat time I checked which was in like 2012. Plus they always had this hollow point in their head/neck that couldn't be hit. You could take a shotgun to it and miss at point blank range. Meanwhile, the Arclight (a still EXTREMELY underrated weapon) got banned for a while when the most unlikely loophole was discovered. Halo 5 has a lot more content and what the developers don't do correctly, they seem to fix.

The stories always seem controversial but they seem to become highly regarded once enough time passes. Many people complained in 2004 that Halo 2's campaign was too short, and now it's the Halo golden child. I think it has to do with having to wait for 3+ years to pick up where you left off.

Personally I am sad that I picked this game up in summer 2016 and not when it first came out. It probably was rougher at first but I bet they will remove a lot of the new Spartan abilities that I love so much.
If 343 learns from their mistakes then yeah!
True Alibi wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Halo 3 was still probably the best game in the series anyway, but it cannot compete with the weapons and balancing in Halo 5. There are close to what? 150, 200 different weapons in Halo 5? Not to mention the unique vehicles. 343 cares for weapons balancing in ways Bungie never did. For example, it was pretty much impossible to 4 shot an Elite with a BR in Halo 3 when it first came out, and it was the same way lat time I checked which was in like 2012. Plus they always had this hollow point in their head/neck that couldn't be hit. You could take a shotgun to it and miss at point blank range. Meanwhile, the Arclight (a still EXTREMELY underrated weapon) got banned for a while when the most unlikely loophole was discovered. Halo 5 has a lot more content and what the developers don't do correctly, they seem to fix.

The stories always seem controversial but they seem to become highly regarded once enough time passes. Many people complained in 2004 that Halo 2's campaign was too short, and now it's the Halo golden child. I think it has to do with having to wait for 3+ years to pick up where you left off.

Personally I am sad that I picked this game up in summer 2016 and not when it first came out. It probably was rougher at first but I bet they will remove a lot of the new Spartan abilities that I love so much.
while I do agree with this, I never played multiplayer as much as much as campaign and forge, so weapon balance doesn't matter that much to me as long as there is a decent story. also, Halo 5's story was much more than Locke and co. trying to find Halsey. you really do have to read the all three books in the Kilo-5 trilogy to understand the civil war in Sanghelios or other things like the capture and history of Argent Moon, or the reason that the guardians are on Meridian. Then it takes all of these great stories and just sloppily throws them together and expects all of the fanbase to know exactly whats happening. I kinda just wish that halo would go back to the time of Halo 3 (best halo game) with the main story being easy to understand for the casual and younger fanbase, and the expanded universe being optional. the use of terminals to tell the story of Mendicant Bias in Halo 3 is probably the best-executed use of expanded lore out of all the Halo games because it didn't force it onto the player. it was very subtle, and subtlety is key in a game with a player base that is divided by the hardcore and casual players. at least when it comes to campaign, I think Halo 3 is the perfect example of what the Halo franchise needs. a good simple story that the casual player can understand and connect with, and a vast and interesting expanded lore that the hardcore player can dig their teeth into.
True Alibi wrote:
I personally have high hopes for Halo 6, but what about you? if you think it will be good, leave your reason why. if you think it will be bad, also leave a reason, or if your feelin' spicy, maybe leave some recommendations for how it could be better. I am really interested in the Halo communities take on this topic.
I am still in love with the Master Chief Collection and Halo 5 I hope they milk it out as long as possible
Gotta think positive!!!
I think halo 6 will be 343 best game yet
As a Halo player who was disappointed with Halo 5, I really do hope that they can succeed with Halo 6
I have an idea. The UNSC renders the Spartans no longer of use. So they drop a nuke hoping to kill all of them. MasterChief survives. He is ultimately the only spartan remaining. MasterChief has to fight not only the covenant but also fight a different army the UNSC had created. Towards the end. We discover that the Covenant were the good guys in the story. And the UNSC was ultimately the bad guy. We learn that all the remaining Spartans had joined the covenant and leading up to halo 7 we have a war which is UNSC and their new army vs. the Covenant and the Spartans.
It'll be Legendary!!!!
Honestly I hope it what we wanted
I think it will be their best Halo game but it wont beat any bungie Halo games.
I hope so i really hope so
It'll be 343's best game, but then that's not saying much. That's like saying "Hey guys this movie I just saw has better writing and dialogue then Attack of the Clones!". You know what I mean?
EchoLoco2 wrote:
It'll be 343's best game, but then that's not saying much. That's like saying "Hey guys this movie I just saw has better writing and dialogue then Attack of the Clones!". You know what I mean?
Attack of the clones isn't even that bad though, the last jedi on the other hand would fit better with your point.
I really hope it is "revolutionary" or else Halo is done for good if it isn't already.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
Attack of the clones isn't even that bad though, the last jedi on the other hand would fit better with your point.
The plot itself I agree, but I said "writing and dialogue". The dialogue in the movie is terrible/cheesy. The Last Jedi may have some well deserved hate to the story/plot, but the writing for the characters are far better than those in Attack of the Clones.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3