Forums / Community / Community Creations

[Locked] A Message to 343 Regarding the August Update

OP Loser n00b

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Well, 343, after reading your so called "update", I decided to take the time yesterday to make a nice long video arguing against it. In the video, I use very simple reasonings, current population statistics at the time of the recording, AND community thoughts on the topic (things you should know, but it seems otherwise). Anyway, it's a pretty long video; much longer than I originally intended. It's nearly 27 minutes, but it just goes to show that this isn't a trivial matter for the community. You're killing our game here, 343.

A Message to 343 Regarding the August Update.
I am absolutely livid that 343i is removing Anniversary BTB, Action Sack, and Firefight Doubles. I don't think I've ever seen a more deplorable matchmaking update.

They said they are removing playlists because of lack of population...? Funny, because in Firefight doubles last night, there was nearly 3500 people in the playlist.

If the action sack and firefight doubles playlists get taken down, I will never play Reach again.
I just hope the don't remove grifball.
Thanks for making this video. Really good arguments with valid points. Hope 343 takes a look.
This is what I want to see, constructive criticism.

Very well done good sir. Let's hope 343i takes into consideration what you said
The only thorn in my balls now, is that Firefight doubles is getting removed, i loved playing that with my friends.
Everyone needs to tell your friends to comment on this thread. 343 is killing Reach even before Halo 4 comes out,this is unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

The population on most of these playlists is still healthy,also everyone that paid their hard earned money for the DLCs has just been robbed as of the August update because we will no longer be able to play many of the great DLC maps like Ridgeline and Headlong,the great maps that we all paid our hard earned money for and expect to actually see in Matchmaking...

Its already bad enough that were unable to play great maps from previous DLCs like Breakpoint,Tempest and now our options continue to shrink and our beloved game continues to be dismantled and run into the ground prematurely.. Halo 4 on the horizon is no reason for such sudden and extreme changes and cutbacks to be made on Reach.

Just let your voices be heard on this thread if you dont want your beloved Halo playlists like Action Sack and Anniversary Big Team to be prematurely and unjustly removed from MM.
I for one have learned my lesson from this whole experience. I will not be wasting my money on DLCs when they role out; Based on 343i's current level of customer support for them. I'll be taking a wait and see approach this time around. I feel for those who shelled out a ton for the legendary edition of reach.
To those who think 343i are killing Reach, then please tell me why they are going to come back and support the game with more Matchmaking updates a short time after Halo 4 comes out as said here: Twitter link

That is something Bungie never did with Halo 3 or even Halo 2 I believe, they are doing it to ensure people can find games quicker when Halo 4 is released, Bungie didn't manage to perfect it in Halo 3, Team Mythic can pretty much be considered a dead playlist, search times are long on that playlist.

There are still going to be a few dead playlists on Reach even after this consolidation and once Halo 4 is out, one of them being Arena, another being co-op campaign.

For those thinking they are killing Reach before Halo 4 comes out, it is better to do it now, than have it delayed right until Halo 4 comes out, and then less work is put into the first Halo 4 Matchmaking Update or less work put into Matchmaking playlists for Halo 4 on launch.
I found it very interesting that frankie specifically mentioned support for halo 3. Seems to add weight to the rumoured sunset H3 playlist update. What a great gift to the long time fans that would be, and a show of leadership by 343i for taking care of everything currently under their control.

I was always so sad that halo 2 was left to rot until it was switched off :(
Quote:
To those who think 343i are killing Reach, then please tell me why they are going to come back and support the game with more Matchmaking updates a short time after Halo 4 comes out as said here: Twitter link

That is something Bungie never did with Halo 3 or even Halo 2 I believe, they are doing it to ensure people can find games quicker when Halo 4 is released, Bungie didn't manage to perfect it in Halo 3, Team Mythic can pretty much be considered a dead playlist, search times are long on that playlist.

There are still going to be a few dead playlists on Reach even after this consolidation and once Halo 4 is out, one of them being Arena, another being co-op campaign.

For those thinking they are killing Reach before Halo 4 comes out, it is better to do it now, than have it delayed right until Halo 4 comes out, and then less work is put into the first Halo 4 Matchmaking Update or less work put into Matchmaking playlists for Halo 4 on launch.
If they're going to bring back the playlists later, then what's the point of taking them out in the first place?
Quote:
Quote:

If they're going to bring back the playlists later, then what's the point of taking them out in the first place?
The tweet said specifically that they WONT be adding any more playlists to Reach, they will still be doing Matchmaking updates thought like adding/removing maps, gametypes & updating them in the remaining playlists though.
I personally think this update sucks more than a runt grunt fresh on it mothers teat .

Being a massive fan of firefight doubles for one has lead me to feel as such .
See , for me in the UK were my Internet connection setting of upstream bandwidth is constantly ( and despite having the best fibre optic speed virgin have to offer ) stuck on Warning , even when I can hog up the Internet when everyone's out and plug an ether net cable straight in the router . Having these unavoidable limitations means that 4 player firefight is extremely , and often quit provoking frustratingly , lagging . So Firefight doubles was a heaven sent . And now it's been removed :-( By the Rings - NOOO !!
And didn't FF Doubles have quite a big population ?!

I just pray now that Spartan Ops will at least have a 2 player mode , and / or , doing have the potent Lagging problems plagued by 4 player FF . I pray .... Hard .

As for the removal of BTB ( another person favourite playlist , and with an also high population ) ... Isn't this a major kick in the teeth for us who spent our hard earned money on the map packs ??
It just doesn't leave a pleasant taste in the mouth as 343 were the map makers themselves .

As inescapably as a plasma grenade stuck spartan with out the armour lock load out ... It just leaves us knowing things are over .

I personally think 343 are carrying the Halo mantle well , but there's no getting around , dressing it up nicely , or eloquently weaselling out of it ... This update SUCKS !!!
What this is bad i haven't even been able to play these playlists as i don't have Gold and now when im just about to get Gold membership they are getting rid of some playlists that are great ? i hope they change there minds
Goodbye Anniversary BTB... goodbye only compulsion to play Reach. :(
Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
It's as if 343 doesn't want us to play Halo Reach anymore.

With the removal of all these playlists, my opinion of 343I drops ever further.

Removing Firefight Doubles is a kick in the face for us people who can only play on it, or who enjoy playing on it, or who gather friends.

If your going to change stuff, how's about you change the Perfectionist Commendation and Grounded Commendation so I can get it up faster?

By the way changing and removing these playlists achieves nothing because there are some people who only play Reach for the Anniversary and stuff.

343 you must understand that while you are busy making Halo 4, us Reach players don't respect the changes you are making.

These are some changes I want :

FF Doubles returned

Commedations for Perfectionist and Grounded easier to achieve

Invasion back to 4 players, because you know what? That playlist was AWESOME to play with my friends on weekends and stuff.

More BTB Maps, more playlists all around.

I hope 343 reads my post.

Because if Reach isn't fixed, I'm not buying Halo 4 if it's going to look like this.
^^ Here here !!
Quote:
Removing Firefight Doubles is a kick in the face for us people who can only play on it, or who enjoy playing on it, or who gather friends.
Are you saying you make friends from FFD or you and friends group up to play it?
Quote:
If your going to change stuff, how's about you change the Perfectionist Commendation and Grounded Commendation so I can get it up faster?
They're meant to feel like a challenge. Like you've actually earned something. What would be a justifiable reason to make them easier?

Quote:
343 you must understand that while you are busy making Halo 4, us Reach players don't respect the changes you are making.
Don't speak for me. These playlist changes allowed for a more streamline and clean experience in Matchmaking.

Quote:
Invasion back to 4 players, because you know what? That playlist was AWESOME to play with my friends on weekends and stuff.
What's wrong with 6V6? It suits the size of the maps much better.

Quote:
More BTB Maps, more playlists all around.
Bungie and 343 have said that there is a playlist cap, and that Reach was close to hitting that.
[quote] I hope 343 reads my post.
I hope they don't. Very little of what you posted justified your opinions.
At the very least make Big Team Battle require Noble and Defiant Map Packs in order to play.
Orion makes a great point. WE ACTUALLY FREAKING WANT TO PLAY ALL OF THE DLC MAPS THAT WE PAYED OUR HARD EARNED MONEY FOR!! Is that too much to ask?? Most of us would of never purchashed the DLCs if we would of known that our only enjoyment of them would be on the short lived,temporary DLC playlists... Now that their taking away Anniversary BTB,how the hell are we suppose to play Ridgeline and Breakneck? Make the freaking maps required to play the BTB playlist or just give everyone their money back since most of the DLC maps are useless now..

Im with alot of other Halo fans when I say that I will be very hesitant to buy any DLC content on Halo 4 until I see that those maps will be fully supported in MM. That doesnt mean temporary support.. that means every single DLC map needs to remain playable in MM for the lifespan of the game until the damn servers go offline like in Halo 2!!... Also by playable i dont mean that the map only pops up if everyone has the DLC,which is almost like NEVER in Reach...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2