Bomber Infection 3.0Last Update:(12.19.16)
Shoot the taunting infected off the platforms, to stop them from (crouch) activating the (infecting) kill balls.Survivors and alpha infected can pilot a mantis.
Map Download Link:
- Map Name: Bomber Infection 3.0
Version 3.0 includes:
- 32 respawning scatter grenades to pick up
- Additional crouch detectors on the red platforms, aswell as markers to show the infected how they can interact with the platforms to activate the kill balls.
- A new intro and outro
- 2 hidden easter egg scripts to spawn extra weapons for the infected! (Prophets Bane & Voids Tear)
- Man cannons for the mantis to jump across the map. You can stomp or shoot them to destroy their red mantles, to enable far jumps across the map. The mantles will respawn after 10 seconds so you can control when to use them and how. They get blocked completely if nearby kill balls get activated. You can get trapped at their corners if the infected manage to activate kill balls before you step on the corresponding man cannon.
- The yellow platforms move down if someone gets in their zone. Depending on the situation, they can act as both dangerous and usefull bumpers for survivors and infected.
Game Mode Variant Download Link:
- Game Mode Variant Name: Bomber Infection 3.0
- New Bomber Infection 3.0 Screenshot Link:
- New Bomber Infection 3.0 Gameplay Video Link:
- Size: 2-16 Players (12 recommended)
To start the round, hit and destroy the shield you are facing as an infected, or standing on as a survivor. It will make the survivors drop down to the battlefield and at the same time clear the way for the infected to reach the light at the end of their tube where they'll fall down to their own part of the battlefield.
The infected have to run through this horizontal tube first, to arrive a bit later than the survivors on the map, so they can't kill the survivors right at the start. As a survivor you will get dropped behind a mantis. Grab it immediatly and jump down, or the soft killzone will turn you into an infected.
The infected can jump from platform to platform above the survivors, which all are piloting a mantis.
On the red platforms are explosives that can be triggered by the infected when crouching on them, hitting them with a melee attack or by ground pound.
The explosives are triggering scripts for kill balls below them. When activated they rise slowly up from the ground and then spread fast in 4 directions (bomberman style) to kill and infect survivors.
The 2 alpha infetcted can pilot a mantis although they are weaker than the survivors with it.
Alpha infected can gather and carry up to 3 scatter grenades on the yellow platforms to disable a mantis with e.m.p.
All other infected can gather and carry up to 2 scatter grenades.
Infected can jump, climb and thrust to dodge the rockets of the survivors below them. It's also possible to walk on the higher up breakout walls and also on the hightened floors above the red teleport line (in a soft killzone) for a short time.
It's a lot more tricky, but Infected can also ground pound or stand on a mantis and damage it right before it gets hit by a kill ball to get kill points.
If a mantis starts crouching while you are standing on one, you'll get teleported into the kill ball at the center!
Because that's the exact hight where the upper end of the red teleport line starts.
- All Infected have E.M.P. Hammers to paralize and kill survivors in their mantis.
- Infected can just crouch on the center of the red platforms to activate the kill balls.
- Kills as an alpha give you 30 points.
- Alphas can hover much longer while charging a ground pound.
- Kills as regular infected give you 20 points.
- Killing the last survivor gives you 100 Points.
- Alpha Infected can pilot a mantis.
- Infected can jump accross the whole map with four mancannons which are facing each other on opposite sides. This way they can start floating in a zero gravity field above the map. This enables them to ground pound on the explosives from far away, to get the survivors off guard.
As a survivor you can use the yellow bumpers and the red man cannons to get fast accross the map. As already mentioned above, if the infected manage to jump on you, (while you're at the bottom level) you simply have to crouch with the mantis to kill them with the teleport line.
Your weapons will not kill them (unless they are in a mantis), only when you make the infected fall off the platforms they will die, because they'll get teleported to a kill ball.
When you try to get out of a mantis that's what happens to you aswell.
The longer you survive, the more points you'll get.
For Infected & Survivors:
- Survivors can use mancannons to jump from side to side to "roadkill" the infected. But as soon as the kill balls near the mancannons get triggered, the jump pads are blocked and become deadly traps.
- Each second you'll earn 1 point for surviving.
- Kills give you 20 points.
- Kills as the last survivor give you 30 points.
- Surviving a round gives you 100 points.
- Becoming the last survivor also gives you 100 points.
- There are no penalty - points for suicide.
Please let me know if you like it or if you have any suggestions, questions or improvement ideas.
- A game lasts 6 rounds of up to 3 minutes.
Thanks for reading and checking it out.
I hope you'll enjoy playing it as much as I do.