4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 24
AngryElm8 wrote:
Bob Chizo wrote:
More of a question than any resources: Is there a way to create a one-way shield that interacts with just one team? EX: Red Team spawns behind it, and can move through it from both sides, while Blue Team spawns on the barrier side, and thus can not move through it. Are there any tricks that I can use to have an effect like this?

Yes
yes
thanks for putting this thread
Is there knowledge concerning the practical utilization of the Halo MCC forge performance meter? Should I expect to see significant frame rate issues that would spur me to alter my map design if the meter is 1/16th red... or 1/4th red... or 1/2 red? Will the performance meter or frame rate issues be updated or addressed further in future content updates?
Is forge any different
How do I use the Halo 3 Forge in the MCC if I cannot select a gametype (in order to set specific spawns, objects, etc)?
i like your forum!!! :) continue
Halo 4 forge has no trait zone adjustment...... i can place a trait zone but you cant alter the traits. I have looked everywhere and cant find it.
Kind of a noob question, but I've only ever played Halo with my bro-in-law some time way back. I only recently bought an Xbox One to play Halo (own a PS4 and bought Xbox One just for Halo's sake - that's how fun the game is XD ), anyway, so this means I'm completely new to the Halo AND Xbox communities - can someone tell me if there is a way to download custom maps/gametypes others have created? My fondest memories of Halo were playing "rocket race" and a game type whose name I don't remember ("sacrifice" maybe?), it was a free-for-all game in which players were slow and invulnerable. You start on a platform that had a lava pit in the center and vehicles scattered about on it and some powerups. The objective was to knock a player off the platform or force him/her into the lava pit (usually with use of vehicles). I remember the best vehicle to use on that map was a Brute Prowler and the best defense you had against vehicle was a deployable lift - since you couldn't move fast, you'd wait until the other guy driving at you to get close enough then deploy the lift, which would launch him and his vehicle over you and over the platform... ahh the memories!

Anyway, sorry for rambling on, the main question is obviously how to download custom maps/gametypes from other players. Is there a website you can go to? An app? And how do you specifically download it, down to the very basic steps.

Thanks in advance.
Kind of a noob question, but I've only ever played Halo with my bro-in-law some time way back. I only recently bought an Xbox One to play Halo (own a PS4 and bought Xbox One just for Halo's sake - that's how fun the game is XD ), anyway, so this means I'm completely new to the Halo AND Xbox communities - can someone tell me if there is a way to download custom maps/gametypes others have created? My fondest memories of Halo were playing "rocket race" and a game type whose name I don't remember ("sacrifice" maybe?), it was a free-for-all game in which players were slow and invulnerable. You start on a platform that had a lava pit in the center and vehicles scattered about on it and some powerups. The objective was to knock a player off the platform or force him/her into the lava pit (usually with use of vehicles). I remember the best vehicle to use on that map was a Brute Prowler and the best defense you had against vehicle was a deployable lift - since you couldn't move fast, you'd wait until the other guy driving at you to get close enough then deploy the lift, which would launch him and his vehicle over you and over the platform... ahh the memories!

Anyway, sorry for rambling on, the main question is obviously how to download custom maps/gametypes from other players. Is there a website you can go to? An app? And how do you specifically download it, down to the very basic steps.

Thanks in advance.
The current sharing system is really bad. The main way to get maps is from the in-game roster, but this requires you to have added the author and they must be online. The only way to get maps from someone offline is through the campaign leaderboards (still need to be friends and know where exactly to look. I have a lot of H2A content on my share (including Rocket Race), so you can try this with my share. Add me first, Campaign leaderboards, Campaign Scoring, Halo 3, Sierra 117, Heroic, Friends, Co-op, 17088.
I need help ive remade a map in halo 3 and for some reason the spawns dont work any ideas ?
TurbTastic wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The current sharing system is really bad. The main way to get maps is from the in-game roster, but this requires you to have added the author and they must be online. The only way to get maps from someone offline is through the campaign leaderboards (still need to be friends and know where exactly to look. I have a lot of H2A content on my share (including Rocket Race), so you can try this with my share. Add me first, Campaign leaderboards, Campaign Scoring, Halo 3, Sierra 117, Heroic, Friends, Co-op, 17088.
Thanks for the reply, I'll go ahead and add you!

I just now realized that the forge in Halo 2 is out of this world in-depth and amazing, then I went to forge in Halo 3 (my favorite of the 4 - the custom games in H3 were by far my favorite) and realized it's not just NOT as amazing as H2, but is not even complete enough for me to forge in some basic things...

So here's my issue: I actually got a Rocket Race gametype saved and it works, but when I went into Sandtrap to play it, I realized all the checkpoints (goals) are on the inside - not where the original rocket race goals would have been, but when I went into forge to "move" those points, I could not do it. In the forge, there's a "goals" tab for you to pick from, but it is empty. I thought that maybe I need to forge in a specific game type to make the goals appear, but all that's available is "Forge" and no game types.

Can someone please help? How do I move checkpoints (goals) in Halo 3 forge? Is there even a way to do it currently, or is that something else 343i will need to work on? I've had a few friends over and we played rocket race with 4 people best we could and still had loads of fun, but it would be nice if we could move the checkpoints to where they are supposed to be (some in the mine fields, some in other areas, but mostly all on the outside, not all inside how they are now).
Will halo 3 in MCC forge ever get new features like the ability to snap 90 degrees, precision movement in edit mode, Phased/Fixed/Normal options? Basically the equivalent to Halo Reach or Halo 2 Anniversary's forge.

Thanks, ROBDIE
TurbTastic wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I just now realized that the forge in Halo 2 is out of this world in-depth and amazing, then I went to forge in Halo 3 (my favorite of the 4 - the custom games in H3 were by far my favorite) and realized it's not just NOT as amazing as H2, but is not even complete enough for me to forge in some basic things...

So here's my issue: I actually got a Rocket Race gametype saved and it works, but when I went into Sandtrap to play it, I realized all the checkpoints (goals) are on the inside - not where the original rocket race goals would have been, but when I went into forge to "move" those points, I could not do it. In the forge, there's a "goals" tab for you to pick from, but it is empty. I thought that maybe I need to forge in a specific game type to make the goals appear, but all that's available is "Forge" and no game types.

Can someone please help? How do I move checkpoints (goals) in Halo 3 forge? Is there even a way to do it currently, or is that something else 343i will need to work on? I've had a few friends over and we played rocket race with 4 people best we could and still had loads of fun, but it would be nice if we could move the checkpoints to where they are supposed to be (some in the mine fields, some in other areas, but mostly all on the outside, not all inside how they are now).
The Halo 3 forge is broken as you cannot apply gametype labels in forge, which means you can't make objective based maps. I did create Rocket Race for H2A, so you should check that out if interested.
TurbTastic wrote:
TurbTastic wrote:

Thanks in advance.

The Halo 3 forge is broken as you cannot apply gametype labels in forge, which means you can't make objective based maps. I did create Rocket Race for H2A, so you should check that out if interested.
That's a shame. I really liked Rocket Race on Sandtrap - that was my favorite map. But I suppose I'll have to make do with H2A maps for now until (hopefully) 343 takes the time out of their already busy schedule to fix H3 forge...

With that said, does anyone have Lava Pit on H3? You don't need objectives for that one, so you should be able to create it, but my attempts were unsuccessful (looks like such an easy map to make, but I have no idea how they get that perfect circle in the middle where the "Lava" (three kill balls) is.
I can't seem to be able to play gamemodes like CTF or Assault on forge canvases does anybody know how to fix this?
How do I use the Halo 3 Forge in the MCC if I cannot select a gametype (in order to set specific spawns, objects, etc)?
You can't. Either it's a bug that will hopefully get fixed in an update, or 343 forgot to put the option in (which hopefully can also be fixed with an update).

Or maybe 343 just hates Halo 3... -.-
Hey !

I'm surprised that the youtuber "ZannyVids" isn't mentionned in the data :O

Here's some tutorials from his channel on H2a wich are pretty impressive and could lead to interesting creations.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oD3iasEd2I
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEVeG1M94Po
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJYEtzgBFdE
That's only few out of them but I think you should definitly check it out and spread the word !

-Mighty
don't feel like running through all the replies on this thread to find if this has already been stated so sorry if it has been...but the "submit map to be considered for matchmaking" link redirects to the Halo Waypoint forum home page. please don't tell me that's just a sick joke.....
well that helps
So.. I'm trying to make fusion coils to where they fall from the sky and continuously blow up and respawn. Is this even possible or am I just doing it wrong a million times? I swear I got it the first try...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 24