2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Got any more updates?
Holy cow it's been far too long, but work is now progressing well as spring is here. So here is the update for today:

The pics and video that were taken by another source have fallen through. oh well, more are on the way very shortly.

-343/Microsoft and AM General are still not responding....very frustrating when trying to do the right thing and give them credit/buy a license to use their materiel and make this happen on the up and up.
-HMMWV Doors are on order and will need a little repair when they get here. (For use until the body is changed to a Warthog
-Headlights are ordered and in, about to be installed.
-Mounting brackets for the license plates are made and are going on today or some time this week.
-Interior lights have been installed.

-And the main culprit of why this awesome vehicle is not on the road is the power steering pump. Pulled it out for the second time and it's replacement is on the way after the rebuild still failed to operate properly.

Pictures to come in the next 24-48 hours.

Until next update, Spartans
Just found this thread. Very cool (and ambitious) project X wing Red 5. Looking forward to more updates and pics.
Here are a couple of pics of the Humvee still in Humvee state.
Side Pic 1
Side Pic 2
Here are some upgrades I am about to install:
Headlights
Headlights 1
Headlights 2
and one for the daily driver:
License Plate Frame for Warthog
More to come soon.
Until next Update, Spartans
Side Pic 1
Side Pic 2
Here are some upgrades I am about to install:
Headlights
Headlights 1
Headlights 2
and one for the daily driver:
License Plate Frame for Warthog
More to come soon.
Awesome man! After a long silence, this is totally what I was lookin' for! Good luck
you should add racing seats to give it that futuristic feel.
Side Pic 1Side Pic 2Here are some upgrades I am about to install:
Headlights
Headlights 1Headlights 2and one for the daily driver:
License Plate Frame for WarthogMore to come soon.
Cstriker01 wrote:
you should add racing seats to give it that futuristic feel.
That is the plan. Racing seats that are waterproof. We don't have them picked out yet, but that's the direction we're going. If all works out the Interior will be full Warthog too.
God speed my friend.
Best of luck man, cant wait to see the final result.
Dang dude hope it turns out ok.
Are you making the two seat warthog or the transport hog from Halo 3?
I think he is planning on making it a two seater with interchangeable models. So for instance, he could have a Machine Gun turret, or the scout hog etc.
The technology to create the suspension system that the warthog has in halo exists, however it is very expensive and has a very high cost to maintain so I reccomend sticking with a standard suspension system.
Warthog update:

The new LED headlights are wired up and just need to be slightly modified before being mounted. (pics to come when mounted)
The license plate light mounted (Now it's road legal, just not road worthy)
HMMWV Doors are going to under go some repair and be mounted (more pics to come)

The power steering system continues to cause problems and the transmission may be having some difficulty as well. More of the "normal maintenece" needs done to track down exactly where the rest of the bugs are.

Until the Pics are Posted, Spartans.
I think he is planning on making it a two seater with interchangeable models. So for instance, he could have a Machine Gun turret, or the scout hog etc.
I guess the answer is "currently unknown." The shape of the HMMWV lends itself really well to the 2 man + 1 turret style, but it would be super handy to be able to haul more than one person around in it on the highway. So perhaps a convertaible interior, something like "3rd row seating, halo style" or maybe just make the appropriate seats in the back and removable?
anything new to report?
anything new to report?
Yes actually,

The power steering pump is hopefully fixed....again.
The wind shield wiper pump is in and now not leaking
The headlights are in (LED with Amber halo turn signals and on demand DTR white halo lights.

The big news is that as long as I can hold it together it will be in a 4th of july parade here soon. Pics to follow. Video is still being worked on.

Until next update Spartans.
that is...AWESOME
why dont you make a video and post it on youtube on the 4th of july so everyone can see your success(cant wait)
Picture of the 4th of July parade here. Got to carry around some Vets, what an honor.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JpiKznmA2dyX1h7Y6

The Humvee is working well enough that it is now time to start turning it into a Warthog!
I will see if I can find someone who took some video. (Hard to do that when driving)

Until next update, Spartans!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6