Forums / Community / Community Creations

Do 343 actually look at maps people want featured

OP I Like Trains04

How do you get you map known without thieves talking credit?
The when you make a map from scratch (as in using a 343i forge canvas) you will be put under the "Original Author" tab. If someone downloads and changes your map, you will still appear there. Furthermore, if the map is saved using "Save As" it will show the original map name in the pause menu. The best example is the map "Recruut Map" that you see in the customs browser so much.
The when you make a map from scratch (as in using a 343i forge canvas) you will be put under the "Original Author" tab. If someone downloads and changes your map, you will still appear there. Furthermore, if the map is saved using "Save As" it will show the original map name in the pause menu. The best example is the map "Recruut Map" that you see in the customs browser so much.
Or the orbital defense platform one that stared this whole mess a year back or so, yeah.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
How do you get you map known without thieves talking credit?
When you finish a map, take a screenshot (ideally in Custom Games so you don't have any Forge interfaces in the picture) and update the map screenshots. Upload your completed map to forgehub.com using their map submission process. Any and all completed projects should be uploaded there so that one, you have proof of when you finished your map, and two so that it can be shared on a larger scale. Posting your forgehub map submission post to reddit/halo and reddit/forge also helps, since it will take them to a page with map pictures, youtube videos if you recorded/uploaded any footage of it to youtube, and you will have already linked the map and gametype halowaypoint links to the forgehub map page.