Forums / Community / Community Creations

Evolved Settings! No Sprint - Possible Playlist?

OP FeaR DeucEy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce to you guys, something that a niche group of individuals, myself included, have been spending a lot of time working on. We've been working on what we have been calling Evolved Settings[*name pending], and wanted to share with you some information and some gameplay with you, I think you'll enjoy one of my favorite highlight games!

The goal of these settings were to provide an experience using Halo 5's unique weapon sandbox, with an enhanced classic feel. We're currently using no sprint and no spartan abilities. However, given that we've removed these abilities, we've given a lot of thought on how to enhance the mobility options, and to compensate, we've modified jumping, speed, acceleration, etc. all to coordinate so that these settings will work for 343's developed maps, as well a number of maps created by the Forge community. We've also made a change to the weapon sandbox, as we've made the Pistol a 4sk. We've done a ton of testing and balancing to make sure the 4sk Pistol works within the sandbox and still offers a fresh experience for others to enjoy.

Please, I think you'll really enjoy some gameplay! On this map we're playing a remake of The Pit from Halo 3, however that is one of a very few maps that are remakes. We've done our absolute best to limit the amount of remakes as possible, we just felt this map was a ton of fun. Watch in 1080p!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DFjcRglu0

We have tested and played on a plethora of maps, both a mix of new forge maps and default maps that all play in their own unique way. The list of the following gametypes can be found on SMARTAN 427's File Share. SMARTAN has been the primary editor for these settings, he's done a great job.

Evolved Team Slayer
Evolved FFA
Evolved Assault
Evolved 5 Flag CTF
Evolved 3 Flag CTF
Evolved Oddball
Evolved Assault
Evolved Strongholds
Evolved Octagon* (This one is actually in my fileshare, provided a link to it).

You can find all the maps that we've been using and tested on FeaR DeucEy's File Share:

White Cell - Slayer, Strongholds, Assault, CTF 5 Flag
Coliseum - Slayer, CTF 5 Flag
Fathom - Slayer, CTF 3 Flag, Assault
Port 66 - Slayer, Strongholds, Oddball
Countdown - Slayer, CTF 5 Flag
Tyrant - Slayer, CTF 3 Flag, Assault
Sentinel - Slayer, Strongholds
Shiftspace - Slayer, CTF 5 Flag, Assault
Bias V3 - Slayer, Strongholds, CTF 3 Flag
Eden - Slayer, Strongholds
Resolute - Slayer, Strongholds, Oddball
Aquarius - Slayer, CTF 3 Flag, Assault
Seclusion - Slayer
The Pit - Slayer, CTF 5 Flag

Of course these are just the maps we've been testing on, but of course, feel free to let us know if you have your own maps that you've played on and find that you like! Note:
Spoiler:
Show
We're actively looking to improve our settings, and as a note, none of these settings are set in stone. Everything (including abilities, weapon starts/damage) are still being discussed and we're always open to feedback. We've been openly discussing most of these settings on TeamBeyond at: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14130-halo-5-guardians-classic-customs-thread/page-1

You all are welcome to come and play if you guys are interested, send myself, OG Nick, or anyone else I've listed below a friend request if you liked my video and are interested in playing. Everything we're doing is just for fun, and we've all been having a blast playing. Would love some more people to play with. Try adding others in the thread and play with each other as well!

Thanks for your time guys :)

P.S. Quick shoutout to the many individuals that have been contributing almost everyday with these settings: SMARTAN 427, OG Nick, Killmachine, arglactable, THE S0UL FLAME, TheBlackReap3r, My Namez BEAST, MythikNick, and the many others at TeamBeyond. Thanks guys, let's keep this going!

[Updated 8/3/16]
As a note, if you're a fan of Halo 5's default settings with sprint and abilities, that's awesome! Nothing wrong with that at all. This is not a Sprint vs No Sprint thread, please keep that out guys. Halo 5 is a very well designed game and features for everyone to enjoy. There has been a lot of progression with Halo 5, we're just bringing another type of experience to the table; utilizing all of the custom game options and the incredible features in Forge. In the event you find default settings a more enjoyable experience, that's definitely okay. Nothing wrong with that.

If you find out you enjoy these settings as well, please, I invite you to come play with us! We just play for fun and we all everything included in Halo 5.
That looked pretty good. I'd love to try it sometime!
Thanks man, I really appreciate it! it's a complete blast. You're definitely more than welcome to come play anytime we're online. We're usually getting a lobby or two together every night to play. Skill levels are irrelevant because we're constantly switching and balancing teams so that everyone has a chance to win. It's a ton of a fun, and the settings are extremely fun to play on.
o_O What the.. Whaaaat?!?!

DEUCEY!!!!!! >=(

THAT LOOKS SO FUN! WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU WERE PLAYING STUFF LIKE THAT?!?

Omg, that looked so freaking fun! Lmao I love how in the video you're like "I'll take that!" And then make some serious plays with the sniper haha! Please invite me to these!!
o_O What the.. Whaaaat?!?!

DEUCEY!!!!!! >=(

THAT LOOKS SO FUN! WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME YOU WERE PLAYING STUFF LIKE THAT?!?

Omg, that looked so freaking fun! Lmao I love how in the video you're like "I'll take that!" And then make some serious plays with the sniper haha! Please invite me to these!!
Hahaha, my bad Lindsay. I'll hit you up, you of all people I think would love these settings. This is right in your alley. It's extremely fun, I invite everyone to come out.
Thanks man, I really appreciate it! it's a complete blast. You're definitely more than welcome to come play anytime we're online. We're usually getting a lobby or two together every night to play. Skill levels are irrelevant because we're constantly switching and balancing teams so that everyone has a chance to win. It's a ton of a fun, and the settings are extremely fun to play on.
Since you've done this more than once, how do you feel about the "new" Pistol?
More than once? I'm sorry, not sure what you mean by that? Do you mean played these settings more than once? Well it wasn't always a 4 shot, we started from a 5 shot pistol and have been making changes periodically after heavy discussion and analysis and TONS of testing by quite a number of people.

This new pistol feels absolutely amazing. With the increased movement speed and acceleration settings we've tweaked, we've done our best to make up close fights not feel as random as they have at times. Everything feels extremely fast paced and that's why we're focusing on small arena based maps to really accentuate that fact. We've made a lot of adjustments to shield percentages and health percentages to make sure to balance out the auto rifles as well to make sure they are still viable option as well. (Demonstrated in that video at one point). Everyone that I've invited to come play so far have found it to be a simple transition moving to a 4 shot pistol. We've done a lot of testing to try and accomplish that and we're really happy with how it is right now.
More than once? I'm sorry, not sure what you mean by that? Do you mean played these settings more than once? Well it wasn't always a 4 shot, we started from a 5 shot pistol and have been making changes periodically after heavy discussion and analysis and TONS of testing by quite a number of people.

This new pistol feels absolutely amazing. With the increased movement speed and acceleration settings we've tweaked, we've done our best to make up close fights not feel as random as they have at times. Everything feels extremely fast paced and that's why we're focusing on small arena based maps to really accentuate that fact. We've made a lot of adjustments to shield percentages and health percentages to make sure to balance out the auto rifles as well to make sure they are still viable option as well. (Demonstrated in that video at one point). Everyone that I've invited to come play so far have found it to be a simple transition moving to a 4 shot pistol. We've done a lot of testing to try and accomplish that and we're really happy with how it is right now.
"more than once" as in you've done testing at one point, should have been more clear.

But it's very nice to see some actual testing when it comes to these opinions in order to find the perfect balance.

I'd like to play every once in a while, but I'd probably get confused constantly transitioning between new movement and old movement
You said this is more based on arena correct? So these settings are set to work with slayer, CTF, oddball, ect ect? And may I ask as to why the pistol is move to 4sk? I'm assuming upping the base speed negates the pistol killing you quick? Or does it kill even faster than normal even with an upped based speed to help the strafing?
"more than once" as in you've done testing at one point, should have been more clear.

But it's very nice to see some actual testing when it comes to these opinions in order to find the perfect balance.

I'd like to play every once in a while, but I'd probably get confused constantly transitioning between new movement and old movement
Well I'm glad I answered the question correctly lol. You're more than welcome to join. I understand your concern, the biggest noticeable change right out the gate is definitely the movement, without a doubt. But I believe it's still nice to just give a shot, they're really fun to play on. We're trying to keep the gameplay as close as possible, familiar/default Halo 5 maps, with fast pacing as well. For instance on Coliseum, you're able to make a vast majority of the normal jumps you would make even if you had clamber. For instance you can jump from bottom to top sniper, DMR to Top Mid, Fridge/Oven to DMR, Cave to Sniper Shortcut (the Steps I believe they're called) ALL without clambering.

Like I mentioned in the OP, we've adjusted the speed and the arc of the jump as well to compensate to where it's not too floaty, but also able to make these jumps. We've given a LOT of thought to every aspect. :)
You said this is more based on arena correct? So these settings are set to work with slayer, CTF, oddball, ect ect? And may I ask as to why the pistol is move to 4sk? I'm assuming upping the base speed negates the pistol killing you quick? Or does it kill even faster than normal even with an upped based speed to help the strafing?
Indeed! We have settings for Oddball, Assault, Team Slayer, CTF and Strongholds. On the maps listed above, these gametypes work extremely well with the above listed maps and mix of gametypes. Familiar gametypes like CTF Coliseum and Eden Strongholds along with new ones like Port 66 Oddball and White Cell Assault. White Cell is one of our favorite maps because it works for almost everything. I assume that's why it's getting put into matchmaking next month haha.

The move to a 4sk pistol is actually a mix of both how the current automatics work and the difficulty of strafing up close. We've adjusted the shields and the health proportionally to make this pistol a 4 shot because we felt that with default settings, automatics tend to be a little more powerful than a lot of us would like. Automatics like the AR and SMG are definitely still useful at close quarters, as they should be! Be we just wanted to add more close range options for those who may not have an AR in hand. The tide can turn based on individual ability, however the automatics still make great use for flanks and surprises as they currently work. Not to mention, if you have an AR, the adjusted strafe can allow you to cause your opponent to miss shots as well, so it still holds that advantage up close.

Weapons on the map still hold a significant advantage over the pistol, however, the pistol's contestation ability has increased and it has been getting a lot of positive reviews.

I hope that answered your question!
Indeed! We have settings for Oddball, Assault, Team Slayer, CTF and Strongholds. On the maps listed above, these gametypes work extremely well with the above listed maps and mix of gametypes. Familiar gametypes like CTF Coliseum and Eden Strongholds along with new ones like Port 66 Oddball and White Cell Assault. White Cell is one of our favorite maps because it works for almost everything. I assume that's why it's getting put into matchmaking next month haha.

The move to a 4sk pistol is actually a mix of both how the current automatics work and the difficulty of strafing up close. We've adjusted the shields and the health proportionally to make this pistol a 4 shot because we felt that with default settings, automatics tend to be a little more powerful than a lot of us would like. Automatics like the AR and SMG are definitely still useful at close quarters, as they should be! Be we just wanted to add more close range options for those who may not have an AR in hand. The tide can turn based on individual ability, however the automatics still make great use for flanks and surprises as they currently work. Not to mention, if you have an AR, the adjusted strafe can allow you to cause your opponent to miss shots as well, so it still holds that advantage up close.

Weapons on the map still hold a significant advantage over the pistol, however, the pistol's contestation ability has increased and it has been getting a lot of positive reviews.

Hmm, I think I could give it a try at some point. It'll be different for sure from the looks and sound of it. I think I could join up with Soul Flame being how he used to run with me and I've already heard just a little about your guys idea and such(I do watch beyond, just have never posted cuz some of those guys will know me right off the bat as I've had some good ole fights with em on waypoint before). Hope 343 can pick up on it as a classic playlist.

How often do you guys play if I can ask and when do you generally play? Or does that just vary?
I made settings similar to these the first week the game was out and realized that I am just never going to be into default Halo 5 because classic settings -Yoink- all over it, tried signing up to team beyond awhile back but for some reason the site banned my ip address whenever I tried (wtf?) but if you need more players shoot me a FR XACSlayerX I quit Halo 5 months ago pretty much for the reason that I had no one to play customs with but would love to jump on for that old school Halo feel on some of these rad forge maps :)
Did you guys remove all Spartan abilities just to get the classic feel? The reason I ask is I love the thruster. And you're settings look like they would be very fun with the thruster.

When watching the movement it looks kinda similar to the zombies movement on infection. May feel much different when playing though.

In any case great work. I know there are a lot of fans who want that classic feel in halo. I hoor you guys get everything tuned right and give an option to the gamers who are looking for this type of gameplay.
Would love to try out these settings, looks great. Shoot me an invite anytime you have a spot open!

Hmm, I think I could give it a try at some point. It'll be different for sure from the looks and sound of it. I think I could join up with Soul Flame being how he used to run with me and I've already heard just a little about your guys idea and such(I do watch beyond, just have never posted cuz some of those guys will know me right off the bat as I've had some good ole fights with em on waypoint before). Hope 343 can pick up on it as a classic playlist.

How often do you guys play if I can ask and when do you generally play? Or does that just vary?
Yeah Soul Flame is involved very heavily along with testing and changes we've been implementing. We play typically every night. Feel free to add me and if we get a lobby/spot open, you can definitely come play!
XACSlayerX wrote:
I made settings similar to these the first week the game was out and realized that I am just never going to be into default Halo 5 because classic settings -Yoink- all over it, tried signing up to team beyond awhile back but for some reason the site banned my ip address whenever I tried (wtf?) but if you need more players shoot me a FR XACSlayerX I quit Halo 5 months ago pretty much for the reason that I had no one to play customs with but would love to jump on for that old school Halo feel on some of these rad forge maps :)

Hmm you had problems signing up for beyond? I can talk to one of the admins for you if you'd like, that'd be no problem at all. But yeah man, add me as well, we play/test almost every night. If we get a spot, we can definitely shoot you an invite.

Did you guys remove all Spartan abilities just to get the classic feel? The reason I ask is I love the thruster. And you're settings look like they would be very fun with the thruster.

When watching the movement it looks kinda similar to the zombies movement on infection. May feel much different when playing though.

In any case great work. I know there are a lot of fans who want that classic feel in halo. I hoor you guys get everything tuned right and give an option to the gamers who are looking for this type of gameplay.
We've taken thruster into consideration. With the increased movement speed and acceleration tweaks we've made, we didn't want things to get too "squirrely" at close range. The adjustments we've made to the jump arc also plays into that decision as well.

We'll definitely give it some more consideration though. Always appreciate the input! :)

Would love to try out these settings, looks great. Shoot me an invite anytime you have a spot open!
Sure thing man, send me a friend request as well, if/when we get a spot open, I'd be more than happy to invite you to play!
Kind of a bad choice to make the pistol a 4sk, since that makes the BR redundant. Other than that, cool game-type.
SpitFlame wrote:
Kind of a bad choice to make the pistol a 4sk, since that makes the BR redundant. Other than that, cool game-type.
i'm guessing the BR wouldn't work well with these settings, it is designed for halo 5's twitchy movement mechanics so the bullet magnetism is so strong that Hellen Keller could hit perfect kills if people are unable to fly all over the map, so therefore it wouldn't make a suitable starting weapon for this mode, and if you do pistol AR starts i'm guessing the AR would shred people trying to use a 5sk pistol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10