Forums / Community / Community Creations

Evolved Settings! No Sprint - Possible Playlist?

OP FeaR DeucEy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
TryHardFan wrote:
Eggnaug wrote:
just curious how big this community is? I'd love to play with you guys some time. I messed around on some of the maps with these settings and it feels much more like halo to me.
You can talk to us on this discord here for future days that you want to play. If you want to play, simply add FeaR DeucEy on xbox and message for an invite when we get online to play evolved customs.
I don't think the discord invite worked. Could you send it again?
Eggnaug wrote:
TryHardFan wrote:
Eggnaug wrote:
just curious how big this community is? I'd love to play with you guys some time. I messed around on some of the maps with these settings and it feels much more like halo to me.
You can talk to us on this discord here for future days that you want to play. If you want to play, simply add FeaR DeucEy on xbox and message for an invite when we get online to play evolved customs.
I don't think the discord invite worked. Could you send it again?
Here it is.
Got wrecked when I played, but it was a lot of fun. I've missed maps like these. Have any devs commented on the settings at Beyond at all?
Got wrecked when I played, but it was a lot of fun. I've missed maps like these. Have any devs commented on the settings at Beyond at all?
There has been no developer acknowledging these settings for a future playlist. On the bright side, a popular YouTuber named Vetoed has posted 3 videos showcasing these settings and has thoroughly enjoyed them. Hopefully, we can continue to attract attention to the rest of the community.
Just wondering, have you tried using the Classic BR? I don't know for certain, but I think it has less bullet magnetism than the standard one.
Just wondering, have you tried using the Classic BR? I don't know for certain, but I think it has less bullet magnetism than the standard one.
no it's the other way around, H2BR has an insane magnetism
I really hope setting like this (or exactly this) become a test/weekend playlist and maybe even a permanent playlist!
I would play this stuff everyday :)
How does the current aiming system function with these settings? Does the high strafe speed and general speed of gameplay make the aim feel worse?
How does the current aiming system function with these settings? Does the high strafe speed and general speed of gameplay make the aim feel worse?
A lot of people do have trouble adjusting to that with this fast game play, and it kind of does to answer your question. The biggest thing to keep in mind is to use your movement to aim much more with how fast you move.
TryHardFan wrote:
A lot of people do have trouble adjusting to that with this fast game play, and it kind of does to answer your question. The biggest thing to keep in mind is to use your movement to aim much more with how fast you move.
Thanks for the advice and I look forward to playing on these settings someday(busy with school work). It seems well polished and I hope 343 considers it as a playlist.
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to introduce to you guys, something that a niche group of individuals, myself included, have been spending a lot of time working on. We've been working on what we have been calling Evolved Settings[*name pending], and wanted to share with you some information and some gameplay with you, I think you'll enjoy one of my favorite highlight games!

The goal of these settings were to provide an experience using Halo 5's unique weapon sandbox, with an enhanced classic feel. We're currently using no sprint and no spartan abilities. However, given that we've removed these abilities, we've given a lot of thought on how to enhance the mobility options, and to compensate, we've modified jumping, speed, acceleration, etc. all to coordinate so that these settings will work for 343's developed maps, as well a number of maps created by the Forge community. We've also made a change to the weapon sandbox, as we've made the Pistol a 4sk. We've done a ton of testing and balancing to make sure the 4sk Pistol works within the sandbox and still offers a fresh experience for others to enjoy.

Please, I think you'll really enjoy some gameplay! On this map we're playing a remake of The Pit from Halo 3, however that is one of a very few maps that are remakes. We've done our absolute best to limit the amount of remakes as possible, we just felt this map was a ton of fun. Watch in 1080p!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5DFjcRglu0

We have tested and played on a plethora of maps, both a mix of new forge maps and default maps that all play in their own unique way. The list of the following gametypes can be found on SMARTAN 427's File Share. SMARTAN has been the primary editor for these settings, he's done a great job.

Evolved Team Slayer
Evolved FFA
Evolved Assault
Evolved 5 Flag CTF
Evolved 3 Flag CTF
Evolved Oddball
Evolved Assault
Evolved Strongholds
Evolved Octagon* (This one is actually in my fileshare, provided a link to it).

You can find all the maps that we've been using and tested on FeaR DeucEy's File Share:

White Cell - Slayer, Strongholds, Assault, CTF 5 Flag
Coliseum - Slayer, CTF 5 Flag
Fathom - Slayer, CTF 3 Flag, Assault
Port 66 - Slayer, Strongholds, Oddball
Countdown - Slayer, CTF 5 Flag
Tyrant - Slayer, CTF 3 Flag, Assault
Sentinel - Slayer, Strongholds
Shiftspace - Slayer, CTF 5 Flag, Assault
Bias V3 - Slayer, Strongholds, CTF 3 Flag
Eden - Slayer, Strongholds
Resolute - Slayer, Strongholds, Oddball
Aquarius - Slayer, CTF 3 Flag, Assault
Seclusion - Slayer
The Pit - Slayer, CTF 5 Flag

Of course these are just the maps we've been testing on, but of course, feel free to let us know if you have your own maps that you've played on and find that you like! Note:
Spoiler:
Show

We're actively looking to improve our settings, and as a note, none of these settings are set in stone. Everything (including abilities, weapon starts/damage) are still being discussed and we're always open to feedback. We've been openly discussing most of these settings on TeamBeyond at: http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/14130-halo-5-guardians-classic-customs-thread/page-1

You all are welcome to come and play if you guys are interested, send myself, OG Nick, or anyone else I've listed below a friend request if you liked my video and are interested in playing. Everything we're doing is just for fun, and we've all been having a blast playing. Would love some more people to play with. Try adding others in the thread and play with each other as well!

Thanks for your time guys :)

P.S. Quick shoutout to the many individuals that have been contributing almost everyday with these settings: SMARTAN 427, OG Nick, Killmachine, arglactable, THE S0UL FLAME, TheBlackReap3r, My Namez BEAST, MythikNick, and the many others at TeamBeyond. Thanks guys, let's keep this going!

[Updated 8/3/16]
If you don't mind, i'd like a pro's opinion on a gametype called pro.slayer, i tried to make it feel like a pro without sprint but still balanced using certain things. Health and sheilds reduced, grenade and other stuff regen different. Feel fair to change anything.

In my fileshare called

Pro Slayer

~:)
I'd love to get into some customs games for these settings. They look super fun.
I heard a custom game browser is to come in H5, on Xbox One, is that correct?

If so, I'm eager to find those Evolved games!
Krom088 wrote:
I heard a custom game browser is to come in H5, on Xbox One, is that correct?

If so, I'm eager to find those Evolved games!
There will be a custom game browser soon during the fall I believe. When that releases, I hope you can play with us.
I downloaded the Evolved Team Slayer from Smartan 427's fileshare, but when I loaded it up in Custom Games, I found it was just normal Slayer, only I spawned with a Battle Rifle. Did I download the wrong version? If so, where can I find the correct version?
I downloaded the Evolved Team Slayer from Smartan 427's fileshare, but when I loaded it up in Custom Games, I found it was just normal Slayer, only I spawned with a Battle Rifle. Did I download the wrong version? If so, where can I find the correct version?
No, you have the correct version, that's just a glitch that happens occasionally for whatever reason. It should work if you simply try again, I believe. Evolved settings are actually based off the BTB game types, as that's the only way to get a 25m radar (which is really dumb) for FFA, for which we feel H5's default 18m radar is just too small, or if you just prefer playing with a radar that functions closer to how it did in previous Halo games, you have that option. That's why when the glitch happens, you spawn with a BR.
No, you have the correct version, that's just a glitch that happens occasionally for whatever reason. It should work if you simply try again, I believe. Evolved settings are actually based off the BTB game types, as that's the only way to get a 25m radar (which is really dumb) for FFA, for which we feel H5's default 18m radar is just too small, or if you just prefer playing with a radar that functions closer to how it did in previous Halo games, you have that option. That's why when the glitch happens, you spawn with a BR.
Awesome, thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10