Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Community Creations

H3's netcode is so bad...

OP Photolysis

That I can literally shoot a player standing still.

Twice.

With a tank.

Which does no damage.

Unbelievable.

See for yourself
https://streamable.com/lod6n9
Noticed this the other day while playing. Sniping is even worse
H3’s net code has always been completely broken...
hahaha, tank shots goes pfuuuu.

This is pure de-sync. The Server thinks the player is slightly to the left or right, doesn't matter which. This what the client sees, that's you and maybe the other player sees that he got hit as well, but as long as the server sees something else, there is nothing you can do.
Man, if you think this is upsetting I'd love for you to the sword in action
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

This is pure de-sync. The Server thinks the player is slightly to the left or right, doesn't matter which. This what the client sees, that's you and maybe the other player sees that he got hit as well, but as long as the server sees something else, there is nothing you can do.
This issue didn’t happen in OG H3 or in MCC H3 until somewhat recently IIRC. Maybe with all the content they’ve added something broke with the tank. Blood shots I don’t see ever going away, but the tank definitely warrants some investigation.

OP have you submitted a ticket and attached the video to it?

This issue didn’t happen in OG H3 or in MCC H3 until somewhat recently IIRC. Maybe with all the content they’ve added something broke with the tank. Blood shots I don’t see ever going away, but the tank definitely warrants some investigation.

Kind reminder that we are playing on "dedicated servers" and they have been acting up for the past month. Everyone in the lobby teleporting, double reloads after shooting and many more. The tank issue might just be because of the servers. Like I said, what is happening on the player screen might not be the same thing that happens on the server side.

There's no desync, the player was AFK and at 60 ticks a second we're talking hundreds of updates of them being in the same position. The rest of the game is fine.

This is the server failing to correct the aim like it should... which is why you hit anything ever to begin with. And also what 343 broke and partially fixed last year.

H3’s net code has always been completely broken...
It was never this bad. People were saying it for years blaming Bungie, and then 343i admitted they broke stuff. Would have thought people would have learned that by now.

I've had a ticket open for months, yes I've added the latest clip. It's the worst I've seen.

This issue has been going on for years, it was never that bad in legacy. They only partially fixed the bug that improved the hit detection last year.