Forums / Community / Community Creations

Halo Infinite in More Trouble Than We 1st Thought

OP Snockooz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
LinK

I'm Not sure how I feel about this, assuming its all true... All i can do is post the comment I made on the Video.

I've been playing Halo since 2002. I've been giving 343 the benefit of the doubt for most of the problems they have had. Personally, I Liked what I saw in The infinite demo. It clearly needs work still but the Gameplay looks fun. However, After hearing this... I don't know. Its very disheartening. Looking back on Past Halo's. MCC's Launch, Halo 5's Launch. Really the Only Halo that Didn't launch all that badly was Halo 4(Say what you want about what was there at launch at least it was a complete game) And that was right after 343 was formed. I've been optimistic about Halo. I've more or less enjoyed every Halo that has come out(including Halo 5) but this really puts things into prospective.. Maybe it would be better if Microsoft didn't own Halo. I'm Not sure what company would be a better choice though and I'm not sure how Starting from scratch would make anything better. Unfortunately this seems to be a problem with most franchises that gets as big as Halo.

I'm really unsure right now. I was still really excited for Halo Infinite even with the Backlash its getting.. But now. I just don't know.

Edit: If this was an overreaction to Fake News, I apologize. I love the Halo Franchise and I really do want Infinite to succeed.
Ignore the reports. Claims. Whatever.

Just stay positive and enjoy the game when it releases.
I'm doubtful on this one he doesn't have the best track record when it comes to inside information so I would take this one with a grain of salt
Just putting it out there also, not saying there are legit reviews, but anyone can make an account (or make multiple accounts) and pretend they work at a company to leave reviews.
Just putting it out there also, not saying there are legit reviews, but anyone can make an account (or make multiple accounts) and pretend they work at a company to leave reviews.
ah didn't know that
This is only my opinion,
I don't have anything against any people at 343i, the reality is that MS has nothing to do with the state of Halo, 343i was created to carry Bungie's work, and completely destroyed MS number one IP. 343i wanted to take Halo no new heights and new audiences, they took a 2 shots, failed two times, this is the last shot, looking for another fail, MS will have no choice but to give halo to another owned studio.
I worked at a company where the building closed down on us and the other office remained open. Because of it people left negative reviews about the Company. That being said, I don't think its a reflection on their product. I feel some people actually have no idea what they are doing and lie on their resume just to get something. Also, like someone else mentioned on here, anyone can make multiple accounts to post negative reviews about a company. And just because you "made it", doesn't mean it gives you a right to slack off. As much as company tries to promote a healthy environment, there are people who take advantage of it. A company like 343 needs progress, just like any other company.
So I see the dates posted on those reviews, but I'm wondering if there's any way to confirm if that's the date of the original review post? Everything he went through seemed very similar to stories that came out a few years ago when the studio had moved on from H5 to HI. Similar enough that I'm wondering if these are actually old reviews somehow?

Most of the issues with code check in and huge code trees seem like they likely apply more to H5 and MCC than HI. H5's engine is essentially a crazy modified version of HCE's engine isn't it? I think slipspace is the first time they've started grin scratch instead of just big iterative changes between games.

But I doubt a lot of the code tree issues are specific to HI, unless their engine architecture team is just awful, which I don't think is true. Aren't there a ton of 343 dev's on record stating how much easier Slipspace is to make changes to than the old engine?

Tldr: I think the code/ engine issues are more specific to H5 and MCC than HI. The overall studio issues would be concerning if there's any way to confirm they're actually recent issues.
lol are we seriously stooping so low that we’re using Review Tech USA as a legitimate source? His entire channel is built around being outraged about something. It’s clickbait. Get over yourselves
This guy is no journalist. Doesn't verify independently from multiple sources, etc. Literally could be pulling information out of his a$$.
lol are we seriously stooping so low that we’re using Review Tech USA as a legitimate source? His entire channel is built around being outraged about something. It’s clickbait. Get over yourselves
I feel the same about his channel. He doesn't even do tech reviews even though his channel says ReviewTech. Like come on...
I feel the same about his channel. He doesn't even do tech reviews even though his channel says ReviewTech. Like come on...
Well it seem he's trying to be more of a Game Journalist as it tends to get more views. I've been watching him for a little while. Is there anything specific that he did in the past to discredit him? I mean His "Insider" Could be -Yoink- but the reviews he's talking are actual reviews. Though as people have stated they could just be disgruntled employees or people that want halo or 343 to Fail for some reason.
Snockooz wrote:
Well it seem he's trying to be more of a Game Journalist as it tends to get more views. I've watching him for a little while. Is there anything specific that he did in the past to discredit him? I mean His "Insider" Could be -Yoink- but the reviews he's talking are actual reviews. Though as people have stated they could just disgruntled employees or people that want halo or 343 to Fail for some reason.
I've been subscribed to him for a long time, and he did used to do some tech reviews before. And it doesn't feel like he's a Game Journalist, cause he made videos about politcal things and things like the "Karen" boom. They are hilarious though. But yeah some of his "Insider" information feels like its just reddit. lol
They now accept any anonymous statement. Regrettable.
Honestly the thing that makes this believable for me is the fact that one person was complaining about the restroom. I don't think its likely a common troll would think to complain about not being able to find a toilet at the office, that seems like a very real employee complaint. There's also a lot of overlap between the different reviews, they all mention the overuse of contractors.

Overall i'm not taking it as gospel, but I'm also not going to write them off as a bunch of trolls either.
This is only my opinion,
I don't have anything against any people at 343i, the reality is that MS has nothing to do with the state of Halo, 343i was created to carry Bungie's work, and completely destroyed MS number one IP. 343i wanted to take Halo no new heights and new audiences, they took a 2 shots, failed two times, this is the last shot, looking for another fail, MS will have no choice but to give halo to another owned studio.
343 hired people who hated Halo during Halo 4's production, Microsoft didn't force them to do that, for some reason, someone thought it was a big brain idea to hire people who hate your games probably out of envy and spite, after all, at the time Halo was like top 3 or 5 overall in gaming and like top 2 for shooters. As a result, what we got was a game that the community almost unanimously hated, do I think those people had ill intentions when working on Halo 4? I don't think so, but if you're going hire people to create the next Halo game, it should be fans of the games and everything Halo and that have passion for the franchise. All in all, the higher-ups at 343 seem incompetent.
Those are from Halo 5 days,relax people.In those days Scalebound and Fable Legends were cancelled after 3 years development.
In my oppinion. I feel its best to get my information from a credited and reliable source. Someone who isnt biast. From what im reading about all the comments. This guy isnt someone who should be taken seriously.
Pinaps wrote:
In my oppinion. I feel its best to get my information from a credited and reliable source. Someone who isnt biast. From what im reading about all the comments. This guy isnt someone who should be taken seriously.
He's basically a Keemstar who's focused on video games. If that gives you any idea of his credibility level.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2